PDA

View Full Version : 4G GSX - short video -

Jet Black
03-27-2006, 05:13 PM
http://www.autosite.com/content/research/c...180&vcat=Review ('http://www.autosite.com/content/research/channels/index.cfm/channel/cartv_video/action/showvideo/vid/e_0180/vcat/Review/pagenum/3/MAKE_VCH/Mitsubishi/MODEL_VCH/Eclipse?s_prefs=h&vid=e_0180&vcat=Review')

Nothing really new to show. Just a small video of the car in motion.

ChikagoGTZ
03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Yep looks good. And for that reason, mitsubishi wont make it.

manybrews
03-27-2006, 05:20 PM
that, plus maybe the fact NO ONE would buy it.

peanotation
03-27-2006, 05:39 PM
yup....it'll never get made....i'd buy it though...then rip that sound system out

Jet Black
03-27-2006, 06:16 PM
that, plus maybe the fact NO ONE would buy it.

I think more appropriatley, no one would buy it at the price they would have to charge for it.

And ya the first thing I would get rid of is the sound system.

SuperGALANT
03-27-2006, 07:51 PM
why didnt they turbo the 3.8 v6? or did they?

Hodgson316
03-27-2006, 08:57 PM
what engine does the raider have? i think that's supercharged

extremsprt86
03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
i just want those wheels... carbon fiber?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

manybrews
03-27-2006, 10:17 PM
I think more appropriatley, no one would buy it at the price they would have to charge for it.

nah, no one would buy it. no one bought the first or second gen AWD turbos (which were very affordable), which is why they were killed off.

G-spot
03-28-2006, 12:27 AM
ralliart edition + mitsu mainstream cars = joke :dumbass:
Should concentrate on the EVO if they're gonna waste time & money on products not worth their name. I mean, front wheel drive heavy ass 9G rally edition? Sounds great for us but for the rest of the consumers it's a different market.

RedGalant2k1
03-28-2006, 01:21 AM

nah, no one would buy it. no one bought the first or second gen AWD turbos (which were very affordable), which is why they were killed off.

I see plenty of Eclipse GSX/Talon TSi AWDs...maybe its just me.

peanotation
03-28-2006, 01:37 AM

wierd,,,,must be a location thing....i rarely see any out here, just the crappy RS/GS ones. a few GSTs, i havn't seen a GSX in......forever

Xrs2
03-28-2006, 11:56 AM
My immediate family has owned 3 TSI Talons in the last couple of years, me included. I see them all over the place here in the Lehigh Valley area.

Donovan
03-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I think I wet myself..

DryBear
03-28-2006, 12:44 PM
why didnt they turbo the 3.8 v6? or did they?

There are some Turbo/Supercharger kits coming out for the 3.8L engine fairly soon.

what engine does the raider have? i think that's supercharged

The Raider is a rebadged Dodge Dakota, not supercharged.

Donovan
03-28-2006, 12:49 PM
wow..
you know..3.8 liter 263 already..
turbo or supercharge that and nothings going to stop it thats street legal ,
point blank. Am I right?

manybrews
03-28-2006, 06:04 PM
its just you.
the highest percentage of GSXs sold never exceeded 7 percent of total eclipse's sold.
ever.
it was usually less than that.
ive posted this before, but Ill do so again. At one time (long before most of you were able to drive), mitsu offered nearly all their cars with turbos, AWD, or both.
galants, eclipses, cordias, tredias, 3000gt, mirages, expos, blah blah blah. They were all available with one or the other, some with both.
guess what? NO ONE bought them. they always bought the cheaper, easier, simpler driveline. Your average consumer cares little about AWD, and less about turbos.
Thats why the galant for 06 now offers the "second edition" package, which is nothing more than all the cool options with the four cylinder driveline. MOST people dont care about power.

Obviously, people that like their cars enough to post on a website about them are more "car oriented" people, and as such would be the people that would be more interested in an AWD/turboed eclipse.

Frankly, anyone that tells you they would prefer the whiney, peaky power of a 2 liter EVO engine in an eclipse over the 3.8 Mivec is crazy or hasnt driven it.
The V6 is so much better in everyway that I wonder why it took so damn long to finally plop one in.

G-spot
04-11-2006, 10:10 AM
its just you.
the highest percentage of GSXs sold never exceeded 7 percent of total eclipse's sold.
ever.
it was usually less than that.
ive posted this before, but Ill do so again. At one time (long before most of you were able to drive), mitsu offered nearly all their cars with turbos, AWD, or both.
galants, eclipses, cordias, tredias, 3000gt, mirages, expos, blah blah blah. They were all available with one or the other, some with both.
guess what? NO ONE bought them. they always bought the cheaper, easier, simpler driveline. Your average consumer cares little about AWD, and less about turbos.
Thats why the galant for 06 now offers the "second edition" package, which is nothing more than all the cool options with the four cylinder driveline. MOST people dont care about power.

Obviously, people that like their cars enough to post on a website about them are more "car oriented" people, and as such would be the people that would be more interested in an AWD/turboed eclipse.

Frankly, anyone that tells you they would prefer the whiney, peaky power of a 2 liter EVO engine in an eclipse over the 3.8 Mivec is crazy or hasnt driven it.
The V6 is so much better in everyway that I wonder why it took so damn long to finally plop one in.

wrd X 2164362187461289346192831769837

Tech_Greek
04-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I'll have mine preordered as soon as I can buy it! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

I mean come on, around 400 AWHP, it's basically a lancer in an evo shell...so for those who don't like the evo's styling (ie ME) then this is PERFECT!

GPTourer
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM

Whoa, I was with you until you said that. Yes, I would rather have the 2.0. Potential is limitless. However, I agree it would not be as much fun unless the car were as light as my 2G.

If they switch to the global GS platofrm for the 10G Galant, then maybe the Eclipse can go to the smaller GS version under the Lancer and it won't be so heavy. But if the market demands heavy V6 coupes, and not peaky turbos, so be it.

AVERAGE
04-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Im guessing they would have to ask 35k for it. Definetly wont be there biggest seller if it ever makes it to production.