PDA

View Full Version : headlight problem

surreal
03-27-2006, 08:19 PM
well thanks to quality auto sound when they install my new viper 3000 they missed up my lights.

they use to turn off when i removed my key and opened my door, even if i left them on. now they can turn on even without the key in the car. they ask for me to bring it back they will need it all day, but i work all day and cant get off anytime soon.

does anyone know what they may have screwed up? is it something i can fix myself?

thanks again for all your help people.

d@ve

pinoyesv6
03-27-2006, 08:33 PM
my headlights can turn on even if there is no key in the car. same thing with my friends and he doesn't even have an alarm.

SkylineG1
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>my headlights can turn on even if there is no key in the car. same thing with my friends and he doesn't even have an alarm.</div>

mine too

cntrylvr79
03-28-2006, 09:32 PM
As far as I know all galants can have the headlights turned on with the ignition off. THe only thing is the headlights if on when you shut the car off will turn off automatically after opening the drivers door, or after about 5 minutes without opening the drivers door.

chromeblueES
03-29-2006, 12:28 AM
calm down guy, they didn't screw anything up, just hope they did a full install and not a half one like my install guy did

str8304
03-29-2006, 12:30 AM
well thanks to quality auto sound when they install my new viper 3000 they missed up my lights.

they use to turn off when i removed my key and opened my door, even if i left them on. now they can turn on even without the key in the car. they ask for me to bring it back they will need it all day, but i work all day and cant get off anytime soon.

does anyone know what they may have screwed up? is it something i can fix myself?

thanks again for all your help people.

d@veI have an 03 and have never seen or heard of this problem b4. Let me knock on this fake ass wood up here at my job though!! j/k https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

cntrylvr79
03-29-2006, 12:47 AM
calm down guy, they didn't screw anything up, just hope they did a full install and not a half one like my install guy did

How'd you make out with that anyway? Ever get around to fixing it.

surreal
03-29-2006, 11:30 AM
update...

well i guess not much of an update, i have not been able to get off work to have them look at it. im not sure if the lights turned on with the car off and the key out before, never tried. all i know is before the install my lights would turn off, once i take the key out and open my door, and it no longer does that.

d@ve

solofantasy
03-29-2006, 11:36 AM
i had a similar problem b4.

my problem came from the FUSE.. CHECK ALL YOUR FUSES, inside and underhood.

also, try to reset your battery. so it will reboot the ECU.

thats how i fixed mine. REMEMBER ALL THE FUSES!

devgrp
03-29-2006, 12:24 PM
On my G I can turn the lights on without the key in the ignition, also once you turn off the car and take the key out the and the door is open the light will turn off

cntrylvr79
03-29-2006, 12:59 PM
update...

well i guess not much of an update, i have not been able to get off work to have them look at it. im not sure if the lights turned on with the car off and the key out before, never tried. all i know is before the install my lights would turn off, once i take the key out and open my door, and it no longer does that.

d@ve
If that's the case, they more than likely messed up when they were hooking into the drivers door trigger. If you arm the alarm and manually open the drivers door does the alarm go off?

surreal
03-29-2006, 05:27 PM
yes it does go off. thanks to the alarm i now do have extra futures that i didnt have before. now when i take the key out of the ignition all my doors unlock, and once i turn the car on all the doors lock. i just wanna figure out the headlight thing, i will try a few things tonight and let you all know…

stopfakn
03-29-2006, 05:47 PM
my headlights can turn on even if there is no key in the car. same thing with my friends and he doesn't even have an alarm.

Mine does the same thing and I just have a remote starter and keyless entry