PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Overheat Problem

3pol6
03-28-2006, 08:00 AM
Help, what happened is that when the A/C is on the G dont overheat, when I turn it off, the temp just rises. This happened last night, i drove around 20km with A/C on then after that I turned it off and noticed that the temp rises, so I stopped at a gas station, then checked under the hood and water was drained from the radiator, I filled it with water, then when I turned the engine on the fan was not spinning, both fans on the radiator, when I turned the A/C on, then both fan starts to spin. What do you think might have failed here, the fans? a sensor perhaps?

Thanks for reading. TIA

PS: Also im a bad story teller Ü

ni2
03-31-2006, 06:03 PM
I think its the fan control modual. I have a 2000 GTZ with a similar problem, Mine runs hoter than normal but dosnt overheat. The problem is the fans are turned on at a higher temperature than normal. If I turn the A/C on it runs at normal operating temp because the fans cycle with the compressor. Unfortunatly i dont know how to check it fan control modual. The fan speed is variable and is controled by a signal from the ECM. The fan control module uses this signal to drive the fan at the appropriate speed. I would simply swap this part but its mounted to the fan motor and the dealer wants almost $300.00 for the fan assembaly.