PDA

View Full Version : LED Taillights

cntrylvr79
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm pretty sure this has probably been discussed before, but what I'm thinking about doing is picking up a set of those black housing TYC lights and retroing in leds. So anyway what you guys think how would that look. The other thing if I do end up doing this, the chrome rings around each light I'll probably end up blacking out. Any comments either way would be greatly appreciated.

galant_got_speed
03-28-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure this has probably been discussed before, but what I'm thinking about doing is picking up a set of those black housing TYC lights and retroing in leds. So anyway what you guys think how would that look. The other thing if I do end up doing this, the chrome rings around each light I'll probably end up blacking out. Any comments either way would be greatly appreciated.

I personally am not a fan of LED tails...i think they look rather ricey, but thats not to take away from your opinion, remember, modding your car is all about what YOU like, not the guy next door https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

GUTTAZMITZ
03-28-2006, 04:30 PM
i like the tails of the infinity G35 They look pretty tight.. maybe somebody can PS something

00GalantMan
03-28-2006, 10:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cntrylvr79)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm pretty sure this has probably been discussed before, but what I'm thinking about doing is picking up a set of those black housing TYC lights and retroing in leds. Â*So anyway what you guys think how would that look. Â*The other thing if I do end up doing this, the chrome rings around each light I'll probably end up blacking out. Â*Any comments either way would be greatly appreciated.</div>

I liked how mine TYC's turned out...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2304000-2304999/2304442_2_full.jpg

But I think it turned out good b/c it's a white car.

str8304
03-28-2006, 10:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GalantMan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cntrylvr79)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm pretty sure this has probably been discussed before, but what I'm thinking about doing is picking up a set of those black housing TYC lights and retroing in leds. Â*So anyway what you guys think how would that look. Â*The other thing if I do end up doing this, the chrome rings around each light I'll probably end up blacking out. Â*Any comments either way would be greatly appreciated.</div>

I liked how mine TYC's turned out...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2304000-2304999/2304442_2_full.jpg

But I think it turned out good b/c it's a white car.</div>Damn, looks good. I think it really looks good because of the white car as well.

00GalantMan
03-28-2006, 10:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn, looks good. Â*I think it really looks good because of the white car as well.</div>

Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

cntrylvr79
03-28-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid, but what did you do to them. By the way mine is black. So the one positive side of the tyc tails is they'd pretty much disappear into the body. Well provided I don't screw up painting.

Kalamidad
03-28-2006, 10:29 PM
It's a good idea.
I say do it. It wouldn't look ricey if you did a clean, proffesional looking job. Best of luck and take your time.
I would do it if i had the know how or didn't have JDMs.

I would suggest that you go away from those circles and make a unique patten with the LEDs. Something that would look good with the rear end of the car...those circles just don't flow with the Galant for me.

There are a few members on her with LED know how...LEDs have been discussed before. If you search you should find some good information.

Keep us updated on your progress.

pinoyesv6
03-28-2006, 10:40 PM
it could be done. shouldn't be too hard. what i'd do though is have the perimeter of the red circles light up as the parking lights and have the centers light up as the brake light. then i'd use the area for the reverse as not only the reverse but also the turn signal.

cntrylvr79
03-28-2006, 11:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>it could be done. shouldn't be too hard. what i'd do though is have the perimeter of the red circles light up as the parking lights and have the centers light up as the brake light. then i'd use the area for the reverse as not only the reverse but also the turn signal.</div>

YEah what I was thinking of doing is using the outside of each circle as parking lights as you said. The larger circle as the brake, then the smaller circle wiring up a sorta bullseye flash in that one for the turn signal. As for the reverse I was thinking trying to do a triple diamond there. Not positive on the bulsseye thing though, seen it done on a couple cars looks nice if the circle is big enough, but I haven't seen the tail lights in person yet to figure out how I'm going to do what I want.

Gladiator
03-31-2006, 12:09 AM
you took out your rear mitsu emblem?

pinoyesv6
03-31-2006, 12:14 AM
you took out your rear mitsu emblem?

yes i did. so?

Gladiator
04-06-2006, 02:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gladiator)</div><div class='quotemain'>you took out your rear mitsu emblem?</div>

yes i did. so?</div>

I meant 00GalantMan because you see two holes that hold the emblem.

NiTrOuSoXiDe
04-08-2006, 09:42 AM
I had originally wanted to pull apart my 7G tails and make some kind of circle LED pattern, inspired by the G35 tails (those things make me all giggly inside). I have slightly different plans right now that I actually started working on yesterday which is a little less complex, but if the results are as planned, they'll be unique as hell...

BTW I'm not a huge fan of the TYC tails. Too ricey for me, but as said before, to each his own. Personally, for the 8G, what I would do is get my hands on a spare set of the 02-03 tails, pull them apart, and make a clean LED setup with rows of red where the red would normally be, and a row of whites along the bottom in the same for that the JDM's would be. That way you have that sleek look of the JDM's, and you will have unique LED taillights that no one else has. Plus, in the end, it'll probably be cheaper and you'll have that self-satisfaction of knowing you made those motherfuckers yourself!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

cntrylvr79
04-08-2006, 10:43 PM
I had originally wanted to pull apart my 7G tails and make some kind of circle LED pattern, inspired by the G35 tails (those things make me all giggly inside). I have slightly different plans right now that I actually started working on yesterday which is a little less complex, but if the results are as planned, they'll be unique as hell...

BTW I'm not a huge fan of the TYC tails. Too ricey for me, but as said before, to each his own. Personally, for the 8G, what I would do is get my hands on a spare set of the 02-03 tails, pull them apart, and make a clean LED setup with rows of red where the red would normally be, and a row of whites along the bottom in the same for that the JDM's would be. That way you have that sleek look of the JDM's, and you will have unique LED taillights that no one else has. Plus, in the end, it'll probably be cheaper and you'll have that self-satisfaction of knowing you made those motherfuckers yourself!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Yeah bro if I could get me hands on a cheap set of 02-03 tails I would prefer to do them, but I can't so what ever. I'm going to end up putting this project on hold since I just got a hold of some linear actuators. I think I finally figured out something to do to my car that no one else on this forum has done.