PDA

View Full Version : Official Aftermarket List:

Tech_Greek
04-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Can someone please post any source for aftermarket that they know of, 4cyl and 6cyl, true bolt on, no it came off an eclipse so it should work on ours crap.

If we do it in a list I think it will be much better.

- Tech

newguyonblock
04-02-2006, 09:16 PM
no it came off an eclipse so it should work on ours crap.

- Tech

y not? you have better chances of finding parts if you search "eclipse" rather than " Galant". just my 2 cents

RedGalant2k1
04-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Much of the Eclipse stuff is a bolt on. Intakes, suspension, turbo kits (with minor mods), exhaust with minor mods (at least on the 8G).

newguyonblock
04-02-2006, 10:02 PM
exactly lol

Tech_Greek
04-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Because I want things that are specifically designed for my car, that I know will fit my car, the eclipse chasis/engine bay isn't the exact same...if I'm going to mod my car I'm going to do it right.

I did the whole custom thing, the first daily driven Supercharged Second Gen RX-7 all custom work...the day I blew the motor is the day I vouched never to do custom work again as it's more headaches then it's worth.

Back on topic, made for the galant, to fit, without any modifications;

newguyonblock
04-02-2006, 10:56 PM
ok lemme ask you this, you see an intake made for the 3.8 v6 eclipse but dont see one for the galant, but you know its the same engine and it will most definitaly, without a shadow of doubt fit you wouldnt get it because it dosent say its made for the galant?

Tech_Greek
04-02-2006, 10:59 PM
ok lemme ask you this, you see an intake made for the 3.8 v6 eclipse but dont see one for the galant, but you know its the same engine and it will most definitaly, without a shadow of doubt fit you wouldnt get it because it dosent say its made for the galant?

No I would, but only if it fit for sure, wihtout having to make custom brackets, etc.

And AFAIK, the two intake paths are different in certain areas...

newguyonblock
04-02-2006, 11:04 PM
but there are things out there that say vehicle specific but still require some mods, so you can get something for your G but still may have to do a lil custom work to it. Me personally i think custom work is better because its custom so you know no1else has it. again my 2 cents

9G
04-02-2006, 11:12 PM
well it may bolt right up but like the intake for the 4g eclipse, it only fit the manual trans although i think they now have one for the auto.

but if you want 9th gen galant parts that is available at the moment, then an intake in ebay made by weapon r and sprint springs and some billet grills also in ebay.

thats all i know.

newguyonblock
04-02-2006, 11:15 PM
well it may bolt right up but like the intake for the 4g eclipse, it only fit the manual trans although i think they now have one for the auto.

was the difference in the manual and auto in the 9g/4g? idk so of course das y im askin

Tech_Greek
04-02-2006, 11:17 PM
but there are things out there that say vehicle specific but still require some mods, so you can get something for your G but still may have to do a lil custom work to it. Me personally i think custom work is better because its custom so you know no1else has it. again my 2 cents

haha yes, I'll pick you up when you're broke down on the side of the road because your custom job turned into a hack job that in turn ended up screwing something major up!

Back on topic yet again, the ebay crap isn't anything official it looks like someone rigged that stuff in there (for christ sakes they tie rap the billet grill on...yeah ghetto) and the Weapon R is crap, nuff' said the RX-7 owners had a field day when they tried to say their intake gave 20 RWHP when in fact it sucked hot engine bay air and was over priced and the RX-7 Owner who dynoed actually lost 5 HP...

pinoyesv6
04-02-2006, 11:20 PM
the evo's factory brembos fit the 9g galant.

newguyonblock
04-02-2006, 11:23 PM

haha yes, I'll pick you up when you're broke down on the side of the road because your custom job turned into a hack job that in turn ended up screwing something major up!

you can have that problem with vehicle specific parts also

9G
04-02-2006, 11:23 PM

so as evo rims. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

newguyonblock
04-02-2006, 11:24 PM

so as evo rims. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

no shit? wow das kool

9G
04-02-2006, 11:29 PM

no shit? wow das kool

ok? you might as well buy some evo wheels when you buy evo oem brakes since most rims won't clear the caliper unless yo rich and can afford some new rims/tires.

oh shit! it is cool.

newguyonblock
04-02-2006, 11:33 PM
yea das wha i wanted to do but i kept sayin to myself my car wouldnt look right. although i do still want the brakes lol

invertedzero
04-02-2006, 11:52 PM
yup evo rims do fit, i have the evo7 rims

NelsonC
04-02-2006, 11:53 PM
this thread is useless and so is this post !

Tech_Greek
04-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok...

LETS STAY ON TOPIC HERE GUYS...

SOURCES FOR AFTERMARKET PRODUCTS FOR THE 9G Galant ONLY! If you want to list parts for an eclipse please go to the next button and hit new thread.

Serstylz2
04-03-2006, 09:31 AM
google.

pinoyesv6
04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
i emailed Mike W from rre and if you look in thir 4g eclipse catalog there is a pulley for the 2.4 that will also work on the 2.4 on the 9G galant.

RRE might also have other parts that fit the 9g but won't know for sure unless someone with a 9g goes over there and tries stuff on.

6G72Galant
04-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech_Greek Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

newguyonblock wrote:

First off, man your still considered a newbie to these boards. I understand you may have modded your RX-7, but maybe you should try to be a little more polite to the other GALANT owners on these forums. Second off, you will hardly see performance parts made specifically for the Galant. Trust me, i was looking for the same products too when i first got my 03 Galant. And i was beginning to lose hope when until i found these forums and was told the 8th Gen Galant, and 3rd Gen Eclipse share the same engine and chasis. Now although the engine bays and sizes of the Galant and Eclipse are very different....some of the parts for the Eclipse will bolt right up to the Galant. Do some searches around this forum and thoughout the internet.

RedGalant2k1
04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(newguyonblock)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok lemme ask you this, you see an intake made for the 3.8 v6 eclipse but dont see one for the galant, but you know its the same engine and it will most definitaly, without a shadow of doubt fit you wouldnt get it because it dosent say its made for the galant?</div>

No I would, but only if it fit for sure, wihtout having to make custom brackets, etc.

And AFAIK, the two intake paths are different in certain areas...</div>

The 9g Galant and 4g Eclipse have the same chassis and engine (same as the 8g Galant/3g Eclipse did), the intakes should bolt right in.

I had a 3G Eclipse AEM CAI that bolted 100% perfect on my 8G. Same motor same engine bay setup.

Here are pictures of the 4G Eclipse Intakes.

4cyl Auto/Manual (Aka 9G Galant)
http://www.f5air.com/images/complete_parts/ca2706.jpg

V6 Automatic (Aka 9G Galant)
http://www.f5air.com/images/complete_parts/ca2707a.JPG

Factory 9G Engine Bay
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/MitsubishiGalant/Images/Engine.jpg

No difference that I can see.

No problem if you want to buy stuff that they sale that says Galant on the part description, but the thing these companies don't know is that the engine bay, the chassis, the suspension, the transmission (automatic at least), air intakes, are all the same, as well as more stuff.

Tech_Greek
04-03-2006, 09:01 PM
I didn't just modify my RX-7 like most people, it was all custom, there was no bolt on part what so ever...

I don't want to do that, and for me to start a thread and have everyone whine about me asking for galant specific parts is kind of annoying, I'm not going to anyone elses threads and basically calling them an idiot because of something they asked.

This is MY thread, that I asked specifically for Galant parts, not eclipse parts, people just don't seem to understand that and acting the way you guys are I understand why people won't make parts for this car as it's not a performance car, I've got a few vendors lined up who are willing to make parts for our cars (strut bars, etc) but with the general community on this forum acting like this I don't think I'll want them to build the parts I had planned anymore.

pinoyesv6
04-03-2006, 09:09 PM
i really don't understand why u need products made for the galant if the eclipse part is the same exact thing.

im pretty sure your vendors are the same way. i mean the first thing they'd do is see if the eclipse application works. if not they will see what changes need to be done. no need to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.

gtx
04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
And you don't seem to understand, that even known you are rude, they are still just trying to help you... Have fun with YOUR thread :thumbsup:

9G
04-03-2006, 09:17 PM
eh. Give him time. Might be new to the concept. He'll catch on, someday.

if your interested in slotted/drilled rotors, r1concepts made some and sold them also in their website and ebay.

pinoyesv6
04-03-2006, 09:19 PM
just remeber the eclipse is based off the galant. thats why the galant is always redesigned before the eclipse.

newguyonblock
04-03-2006, 09:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i really don't understand why u need products made for the galant if the eclipse part is the same exact thing.

im pretty sure your vendors are the same way. i mean the first thing they'd do is see if the eclipse application works. if not they will see what changes need to be done. no need to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.</div>

thats what i been trying to figure out

mapid145
04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
yo.. why not just search couple Mitsubishi forums.. its not like ur the only one who has a 9G and wants to Mod it...

the reason that most vendors wont have a straight product line made just for the galant is because its seen as more of a family sedan rather then a performance sedan. Honda is different because the civic is easy to mod and then came the Accord.. and then came all the ricers :roll: ..

Yes they are coming out with parts and accesories but really really slowly.. and its usually not all vendors but rather a small handfull..

AND if i the word " for 4G eclipse" really bothers u.. tell the vendor to put " for 9G galant".. its not that big of a deal..

I see where the hesitation comes from because of previous failure.. but let me tell u.. TGC members.. they know wat they are talking about.. (most of them..)

Rising_Suns
04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
I will not buy Eclipse parts (such as an intake) until I know for a fact that someone else has done it successfully on the 9G. It's not enough to assume that same engines should share the exact same parts. We have to remember that these are not exactly the same engines. There are differences (30+ HP of difference).

For example, I'm willing to bet that the MAF sensor on the intake is different in the Galant than the Eclipse. The Eclipse MAF is probably tuned to see a certain range of air flow, and tells the computer to pump a certain amount of fuel to obtain the ideal air-fuel mixture (~14.7 Stoich).

Until someone proves otherwise, through tests and time, I would be hesistant to just drop any Eclipse parts into my 9G. Of course, it all depends on the parts. Some are more critical than others.

9G
04-03-2006, 10:42 PM
hehe the maf sensor should be all the same for the 9th gen galant, 4g eclipse and 04+ ralliart lancer and maybe 04+ mitsucars. same part number. I have a lancer maf from ebay right now https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

RedGalant2k1
04-03-2006, 11:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't want to do that, and for me to start a thread and have everyone whine about me asking for galant specific parts is kind of annoying, I'm not going to anyone elses threads and basically calling them an idiot because of something they asked.</div>

H&R and Eibach make a spring kit for the 9G Galant, though its a different part # its the same as the 4G Eclipse springs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>This is MY thread, that I asked specifically for Galant parts, not eclipse parts, people just don't seem to understand that and acting the way you guys are I understand why people won't make parts for this car as it's not a performance car, I've got a few vendors lined up who are willing to make parts for our cars (strut bars, etc) but with the general community on this forum acting like this I don't think I'll want them to build the parts I had planned anymore.</div>

Than have those vendors build the parts and supply the 9G Galant and 4G Eclipse enthusiasts with aftermarket support.

Once and for all this is a community of Galant owners many of us have been part of this community for years and have seen all the parts from the 3G Eclipse swapped to the 8G Galant. The 9G will prove no different.

This is a thread you posted asking for response on who makes parts for the Galant and as was stated before the Eclipse parts are Galant parts.

If you want a list of who makes "Galant-specific" parts here it is:

H&R Springs.

Eibach Springs.

EBC makes rotors and pads.

K&N makes a filter.

Thats it. Though Eclipse parts fit.

No need to have taken such offense to what people were telling you. Most of us here have used whatever was availible that fit. Many of us here are used to having to modify things to fit. Many of us here are used to the need for custom parts to be made. It takes time as you surely know to gain aftermarket support. By all means if you have companies willing to produce than go for it, but I hope for your sake they come through because we've seen companies come with promise of a new product and go not fulfilling that promise.

Thats why we use parts branded with the Eclipse name, if the parts fit we use it.

SkylineG1
04-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Well said.

Tech_Greek
04-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Alright, so here's my question...

What's a FUNCTIONAL modification that you would like to see, specifically made for the 9G Galant, perfect fit/bolt on.

What would you like to spend (in reason) and do you have paypal to put a deposit down?

Where are you located, all of the vendors are out of state and would need someone to bring their car by so they can make the product.

G-spot
04-04-2006, 01:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alright, so here's my question...

What's a FUNCTIONAL modification that you would like to see, specifically made for the 9G Galant, perfect fit/bolt on.

What would you like to spend (in reason) and do you have paypal to put a deposit down?

Where are Â*you located, all of the vendors are out of state and would need someone to bring their car by so they can make the product.</div>

A good catback and sway bars would be a nice start. other than that, Eclipse parts will have to do for now. I know where you're comming from. Someone told me an RX-7 is compatible to a Ford Probe. I don't know the fact behind that could someone shed some light on this?

newguyonblock
04-04-2006, 10:19 AM
you know i thought i saw somewhere that Greddy or injen had a cat-back out for the 9g.

RedGalant2k1
04-04-2006, 05:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alright, so here's my question...

Where are Â*you located, all of the vendors are out of state and would need someone to bring their car by so they can make the product.</div>

What I would like to see for the 9G would be:

Cat-Back exhaust. (I4 and V6)
Sway Bar with urethane bushings if possible.
Urethane motor and trans mounts.
Air Intake (I4 and V6).
Performance Struts, the likes of a KYB AGX Gas adjustable.
CF Hood and Trunk.
Body Kit w/ functional inlets in the case of Turbo or Supercharged 9Gs.

Maybe some of that is to much to ask, but hey its a start.

Rising_Suns
04-04-2006, 06:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe the maf Â*sensor should be all the same for the 9th gen galant, 4g eclipse and 04+ ralliart lancer and maybe 04+ mitsucars. same part number. I have a lancer maf from ebay right now https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

Are you sure the part number you are reading from is for the entire MAF assembly and not just the housing part#?

Tech_Greek
04-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Is anyone close to North Carolina that would be willing to let them use your car as a test fitter, etc?

9G
04-04-2006, 06:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rising_Suns)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(9G)</div><div class='quotemain'>hehe the maf Â*sensor should be all the same for the 9th gen galant, 4g eclipse and 04+ ralliart lancer and maybe 04+ mitsucars. same part number. I have a lancer maf from ebay right now https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

Are you sure the part number you are reading from is for the entire MAF assembly and not just the housing part#?</div>
yup.

Rising_Suns
04-04-2006, 06:40 PM
I'd be willing to buy a 4G Eclipse CAI (preferrably AEM) if someone can confirm that they atleast know of someone who has successfully installed it in the 9G.

...minimal cutting hopefully...and dyno sheet if possible.

Serstylz2
04-04-2006, 07:04 PM
The 9G doesnt look like a car that should be getting fit for a cat-back and most other performance mods to me anyway. If you wanted a car to street-race, pickin up a 9G was your first mistake.. shit's huge

newguyonblock
04-04-2006, 07:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 9G doesnt look like a car that should be getting fit for a cat-back and most other performance mods to me anyway. If you wanted a car to street-race, pickin up a 9G was your first mistake.. shit's huge</div>

i kinda agree but i dont, because i mean they got performance parts out for the altimas and maximas, and thos are some big cars.

Rising_Suns
04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>The 9G doesnt look like a car that should be getting fit for a cat-back and most other performance mods to me anyway. If you wanted a car to street-race, pickin up a 9G was your first mistake.. shit's huge</div>

Well, clearly the 9G is not a track car. But for the street, the 9G is very unassuming, which I like. With 250 ft-lbs of torque you can beat most cars off the line, and it has the most power out of virtually any other car in its class.

Sure, it's heavy. And it's FWD. But these things don't matter much if you're not autocrossing, or at the strip every weekend.

Personally, I already had my fun with my 320HP 2G Eclipse and an M3. Honestly, the stiff ride gets tiring after a while (especially up north on these pot-hole ridden streets). The 9G is a great daily driver, and there's nothing wrong with a few extra HP when you're in the mood for "spirited driving".

13b4me
04-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Hello everyone... :bigsmile:

I was directed here from the RX-7 forums... I'm currently in the process of developing some hard to find/afford race parts for the FC3S chassis (2nd Gen RX-7 for those who are unfamiliar), and prototypes for a few different parts will be available for display within the next few weeks... I'll post some pics over here when they are finished, so you can get an idea of the quality... Assuming you guys like what you see, we may branch out and offer this for different vehicle makes...

Thinks we're working on for the FC:

1. Triangulated front strut bar

2. Rear strut bar with x-brace

3. Harness bar with camera mount

4. Aluminum turbo inlet duct

5. True CAI (for N/A and turbo models)

6. Aluminum underbelly tray (for cooling purposes)

7. Various suspension braces and mounts

8. Radiator relocation brackets

9. Custom V-mount intercooler kits

10. Tubular rear subframe (eventually)

That's just so you guys get the idea... Anyways, we'll have our hands full with RX-7's for a little while, but if anyone has any comments or ideas, feel free to let me know... I'll check the forum regularly and see what's crackin...

Thanks for having me... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

newguyonblock
04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
wow the 8g needs some of that stuff also, that would be nice.

13b4me
04-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Well what we would need is for someone local to let us use their car for a test bed... We need something to take measurements, test for fitment, etc... Also a little knowledge of the Galant from a technical perspective would be very helpful in the process... For instance the same things that may affect a rotary could be entirely different for a Galant, and vise versa... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

newguyonblock
04-04-2006, 08:37 PM
i know this is for the 9the gen galants, so i dont want to intrude and tell you i have an 8th gen :wink: avaliabe.

Tech_Greek
04-04-2006, 09:05 PM
As long as they are close to North Carolina and can let them use their car for testing purposes I don't see any reason why the 8G couldn't have any parts.

But yes, like Rising_Suns said, I like the luxury car appeal without the overly aggresive suspension that will 9/10 times never be used on the track. This is the perfect car for me, it's fast, it's big, and it gets good gas mileage...why not? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

But yes, we need someone for test fitment, don't make me drive all the way to North Carolina or I'm going to hurt someone!

newguyonblock
04-04-2006, 09:07 PM
im in jacksionville, nc, but like i said i have an 8g.

Tech_Greek
04-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, talk to 'the man' and see if he wants to make a run at something on the 8G.

13b4me
04-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't have any problem with that... As long as someone is willing to be the guinea pig... Just gotta wait for us to get established with the FC parts first and get a couple prototypes for you to check out...

newguyonblock
04-04-2006, 11:37 PM
pm sent 13b4me

13b4me
04-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Returned... 8)

brent-ralliart08
11-21-2011, 12:34 AM
how about some coilovers? whole exhaust systems?

Its Reu
11-22-2011, 09:17 PM
we need better endlinks

TheG3
11-25-2011, 03:31 PM
bottom line the G is still new. Ive been bouncing from Galant forum to forum. I have yet to see anyone post any official parts that are strictly for the 9G. Aftermarket parts are usually custom jobs done for you anyways. It takes the work out of doing the custom job yourself. The answer to your question is *look*. Guaranteed the probability of you find a part that specifically reads *Made for 2004-Present Galant" performance mod is slim. the engines that Mitsubishi uses for their cars does not change aka most of the performance mods will work for them i.e intakes or exhaust systems. Most things need to be modded anyways. even the new body kits made specifically for 9Gs don't fit properly and need some trimming here and there. The G nowadays are not typically performance mod cars. If you find any aftermarket part, it was probably a custom job by another G lover who wanted a part.

krazienluv10
11-25-2011, 07:15 PM
megan coilovers are bolt ons... also intakes, headers, and work springs

local muffler shops can do complete catbacks, buy your prefered axleback/muffler and let the shop do the rest

cyuenchon
01-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Ok, Galant specific parts (must say made for galant):
-Power Slot rotors.
-Work Springs.
-and then a bunch of custom shit everyone else made and sells on ebay.

the galant and eclipse are the same platform, the only reason we need to do slight modification, SLIGHT, is due to the fact our vehicle is longer and never came with a manual, that and that our vehicle was not embraced is a vehicle to be modded.

Swallow what ever issues you have and buy the eclipse parts, or buy a different car.