PDA

View Full Version : A question?

thareelcauz06
04-03-2006, 08:49 AM
hey if i was to do a all motor i4 what kind of number could i expect to see?? Has anyone ever done this before??
thanks

galant_got_speed
04-03-2006, 08:56 AM
hey if i was to do a all motor i4 what kind of number could i expect to see?? Has anyone ever done this before??
thanks

Well that all depends on what your planning to do...theres only so much you can do with all motor, especially on a 4 banger. You could do the basic bolt ons I/H/E and maybe do a cam and if you 5 speed swap you could prob get about 120-130 horse to the wheels..which isnt all that bad...those numbers could be wrong very wrong but ill leave that to Seth,Matt,ManyBrews to decide..

Serstylz2
04-03-2006, 09:19 AM
thanks

Well that all depends on what your planning to do...theres only so much you can do with all motor, especially on a 4 banger. You could do the basic bolt ons I/H/E and maybe do a cam and if you 5 speed swap you could prob get about 120-130 horse to the wheels..which isnt all that bad...those numbers could be wrong very wrong but ill leave that to Seth,Matt,ManyBrews to decide..

Why even answer this post, those numbers ARE wrong.

pinoyesv6
04-03-2006, 10:24 AM
i've seen an 8g on a dyno, with just the bolt ons and it pulled not even 110whp. maybe with a 5spd maybe a lil more but thats it.

dollar for hp going turbo is better than going all motor.

little blue
04-03-2006, 10:26 AM
if you want to go all motor, start from the bottom end. get a new crank and have it micro polished and balanced. then move onto the rods(titanium) and pistons, stroke the engine to 2.5 or 2.6. then try and get an evo head, ported and polished and have it machined to fit. new lifters and springs and retainers (titnium), cam shafts, hydrolick roller rockers, this will get you almost home. to finish it off use the 03 outlander intake, high flow fuel rail, new injectors, and large tb. all these items listed will cost a pretty penny to do, but it will be worth the time to do it. if it is done right, a turbo will give you numbers that will be out of this world for a Galant. just motor, with the items listed, rough guess 150whp+/-

mitsuree8thgen
04-03-2006, 02:42 PM
i've seen an 8g on a dyno, with just the bolt ons and it pulled not even 110whp. maybe with a 5spd maybe a lil more but thats it.

i could of sworn an 8G started with at least 140hp. :?

galant_got_speed
04-03-2006, 02:44 PM

i could of sworn an 8G started with at least 140hp. :?

yah to the crank...we are talking wheel horsepower, accounting for driveline loss...

galant_got_speed
04-03-2006, 02:46 PM
thanks

Why even answer this post, those numbers ARE wrong.

well excuse me Mr. Iownall but i thought id be a good member and at least TRY to help the guy...notice i said those numbers COULD be wrong because i was making a guess, what you just did was post absolutely nothing but a flame, not exactly productive eh?

Serstylz2
04-03-2006, 06:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thareelcauz06)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey if i was to do a all motor i4 what kind of number could i expect to see?? Has anyone ever done this before??
thanks</div>

Well that all depends on what your planning to do...theres only so much you can do with all motor, especially on a 4 banger. You could do the basic bolt ons I/H/E and maybe do a cam and if you 5 speed swap you could prob get about 120-130 horse to the wheels..which isnt all that bad...those numbers could be wrong very wrong but ill leave that to Seth,Matt,ManyBrews to decide..</div>

Why even answer this post, those numbers ARE wrong.</div>

well excuse me Mr. Iownall but i thought id be a good member and at least TRY to help the guy...notice i said those numbers COULD be wrong because i was making a guess, what you just did was post absolutely nothing but a flame, not exactly productive eh?</div>

Better to prolly NOT post wrong information then just throw some shit thru a fan and hope someone else cleans it up... theres other ways to boost your post count if thats what you're lookin to do, for example, what im doing now https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

galant_got_speed
04-03-2006, 11:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thareelcauz06)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey if i was to do a all motor i4 what kind of number could i expect to see?? Has anyone ever done this before??
thanks</div>

Well that all depends on what your planning to do...theres only so much you can do with all motor, especially on a 4 banger. You could do the basic bolt ons I/H/E and maybe do a cam and if you 5 speed swap you could prob get about 120-130 horse to the wheels..which isnt all that bad...those numbers could be wrong very wrong but ill leave that to Seth,Matt,ManyBrews to decide..</div>

Why even answer this post, those numbers ARE wrong.</div>

well excuse me Mr. Iownall but i thought id be a good member and at least TRY to help the guy...notice i said those numbers COULD be wrong because i was making a guess, what you just did was post absolutely nothing but a flame, not exactly productive eh?</div>

Better to prolly NOT post wrong information then just throw some shit thru a fan and hope someone else cleans it up... theres other ways to boost your post count if thats what you're lookin to do, for example, what im doing now https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

right cuz boosting my post count is my life goal???...and all i do is sit on here and throw wrong info...wooptie doo i threw numbers that were a little higher than he should expect...everyone makes mistakes and its not like i told him hed get 150+ to the wheels, i dont need the shit talking...i dont care how many posts you have it doesnt make you any better than me around here...so take your power craving ass elsewhere and out of the threads i post in.

milo111000
04-04-2006, 02:00 AM
another post fight. posting this gives me 1 extra post https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif goddamn post whores!!!

Kalamidad
04-04-2006, 09:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Better to prolly NOT post wrong information then just throw some shit thru a fan and hope someone else cleans it up... theres other ways to boost your post count if thats what you're lookin to do, for example, what im doing now Â*:lol:</div>

right cuz boosting my post count is my life goal???...and all i do is sit on here and throw wrong info...wooptie doo i threw numbers that were a little higher than he should expect...everyone makes mistakes and its not like i told him hed get 150+ to the wheels, i dont need the shit talking...i dont care how many posts you have it doesnt make you any better than me around here...so take your power craving ass elsewhere and out of the threads i post in.</div>

Handle that shit through PM if you really consider it important enough.

mitsuree8thgen
04-04-2006, 09:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Better to prolly NOT post wrong information then just throw some shit thru a fan and hope someone else cleans it up... theres other ways to boost your post count if thats what you're lookin to do, for example, what im doing now Â*:lol:</div>

right cuz boosting my post count is my life goal???...and all i do is sit on here and throw wrong info...wooptie doo i threw numbers that were a little higher than he should expect...everyone makes mistakes and its not like i told him hed get 150+ to the wheels, i dont need the shit talking...i dont care how many posts you have it doesnt make you any better than me around here...so take your power craving ass elsewhere and out of the threads i post in.</div>

word. i couldn't agree more. :x

Handle that shit through PM if you really consider it important enough.</div>