PDA

View Full Version : No more Galant, Help! Please!

Gspeedvr42k1
11-06-2002, 08:42 AM
hey guys,

Saturday night while coming home at around 11pm, a dear jumped out in front of me. I was going about 50-55 mph, I swerved to the left to avoid the dear, and so I did, but my car start shaking unbareably and I lost conrol and started Spining out. I went of the road and hit 3 trees and a utility line. They told me 3 more inches and i would have ruptured the line and it would have sparked and everything would have blown up. Well my Galant is totaled, and i want to go with another Mitsu maybe a 5 spd Lancer OZ (Yellow or Black) My insurance company will be giving Mitsu Blue Book for my galant, and i have my car financed under Diamond Option Plan. I went to 2 Mitsu dealers and both declined me credit on any new car. Is it because insurance has to pay off my Galant first? I mean my credit is really bad but Mitsu gave me a car with 0 down just 6 months ago when i got my Galant, and i need to get into another car soon but dont know if i will get credit...

Any experts out there, anyone with any advice... I'm in a deep situation i need a lot of help, and i don't know what i am going to do...

GalantT3
11-06-2002, 09:47 AM
That fucking sucks bro!!! I fucking hate deer one ran right into my boys lexus is300!!!

I hope everything works out for you!

BlueESV6
11-06-2002, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident. :shock: Glad no one was hurt! I saw a 2002 galant with around 31k miles on ebay and the bid was 6k!! You may want to check around after the insurance gives you the cash....

Gspeedvr42k1
11-06-2002, 01:54 PM
i dont get the cash itsu does because i was financing it and my car was 18500 and i payed 2000 pasted the 6 months and insurance is sending them a check for 10000 and mitsu covers the 6000 gap so i am left with no money...

ozkrow
11-06-2002, 03:30 PM
two words you should have known!!

GAP INSURANCE!!

New G Man
11-06-2002, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your ride, b4 you buy your next ride check this out http://www.carbuyingtips.com ('http://www.carbuyingtips.com')

HeadAche
11-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Best thing i can tell u bro is to look into something different if u cant get a MItsu because the dealership is really fucked up when it comes to re-finance someone a car after tehy have crashed one already.. So i would look into smaller dealerships, because they will do anything to get a car off the light, u never know u could end up finding a GS-T and then u would be ahead of most of the board.. Good luck with the search bro..

GalantUSA
11-06-2002, 06:31 PM
That sucks. At least you're alright. Next time just hit the damn deer. At least then you'll have a lower chance of being killed hitting a tree or something. Find out why you were denied credit. They'll need to tell you if you ask. If it because you have an outstanding loan with them, then just wait 'til the insurance company pays Mitsu off.

Gspeedvr42k1
11-06-2002, 10:29 PM
two words you should have known!!

GAP INSURANCE!!

i have gap, cause i was on the diamond option plan. that comes with any purchase of any new car.

Yea i have an outstanding loan with them but the dealer explained it to mitsu and they said even if the car is paid off they still wont give me credit. Bastards...

and i dont want used cars....

TJC
11-06-2002, 11:43 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would of steered the car just enough to mame the dear b/c the bastard shouldn't have been their in the first place, j/k.

First, I would first rent a car for what ever the insurance would cover; usually a cheap 3-cyl, 3-wheel, 3 HP econo-car for 2 weeks... max. 3 or 4. Then maybe public transportation. I don't know...... just do what you have to do and hopefully the settlement will be taken care of soon.

I'd also shop around at more dealers. They know you're going to get a settlement and will have cash. Knowing that you will have cash on hand, I don't see why they would refuse selling you a car when you can put a huge deposite down and knowing that you have a big chunk of principal into the new car. Usually, bad credit means higher interest rates. Someone is going to try and work with you. Just hope your settlement will come in soon b/c it's easier to bargain when you can flash cash in their face. Good luck with everything.

T.S.
11-07-2002, 12:55 AM
They won't finance you with their 0/0/0? or they wont finance you at all?

My mitsubishi dealer submits your application to like 20 banks at once on their computer and they see which one sends back the best deal. I would think atleast one of your dealerships finacial institutions would finance you.

I guess I would try another dealership if they aren't willing to help you out.

Gspeedvr42k1
11-07-2002, 02:07 AM
thats the thing my car is financed i dont get money from insurance mitsubishi does i dont get no money what so ever and mitsu covers the GAP between the insurance and what i owe,... so i am cleared from the galant.... but i went to 3 different dealers and no one will fuckin give me a car.??????!!!!!!

pinoyesv6
11-07-2002, 02:34 AM
has the insurance company sent an adjuster to look @ your car to officially call it totalled? i know it took over a week for them to decide mine wasn't. and yea, tehy can't write a check til its officially totalled, no matter how bad your car looks.

so yea chances are they won't sell u anotehr car cuz well, ur car isn't paid off yet and yea u have bad credit. so just give it some time. work with ur insurance company. u probably had mods on the car adn maybe u can get money for that...

and for the record, the insurance company is paying me money so i can go out and clear my corners for my headlights myself...

Gspeedvr42k1
11-07-2002, 08:39 AM
lol yea they looked at it they said AT LEAST 18k to rebuild the car with used parts so fuck that, they said by monday they will send a check for blue book value of the car (10000) to mitsubishi, and my GAP will cover the rest. I spoke with my next door neighbor he said he might Co-Sign with my dad on an 03 OZ rally 5spd Lancer, <<<hes got amazing credit so he quailies for the 0/0/0 till 2004, gives me time to work for a little bit and drop in a turbo...

Does anyone know how a Co-Signer works, but my dad will be the Signer,... i need details, cause someone told me that my co-signer also needs to be on my insurance<<< what the hell does that mean and what happens to the co signer if i crash agian?

details on this anyone?

T.S.
11-07-2002, 01:32 PM
I had a co-signer for my financing, but they didn't need to be on my insurance.

If you make all your payments for 6-12 months depending how bad your credit is, you can then re-finance it into your name alone, to get the co-signer off. Mine took 6 months of making $362 monthly payments and I was able to get rid of my co-signer.

Gspeedvr42k1
11-07-2002, 03:33 PM
nice thanks for the advice...