PDA

View Full Version : noise from AC system

ndsimm
11-06-2002, 09:04 AM
Hey all
new member here. Just got a 2002 ES (i'll have pics in about a week.) but I noticed that when I have the AC on it's coldest setting, I hear a clicking sound that only stops when i turn it toward a warmer setting. It's still cold but I can't set it to it's coldest setting. Any ideas?

Tazz2000
11-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Have them check your antifreeze charge. Mine did that because I was pushing the system too hard. There's a plug that just popped out of place. Hopefully, they will be able to do what they did with mine and suck the plug back in by reversing the feed. Then re-charge it. If not, they are going to have to replace that thingie down there. I don't remember what it's called https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Jeff
11-07-2002, 06:48 AM
mine was clicking too, but on the warm setting. at the time it was on 2...so i turned it down to one and it got quiet...turned it back up and it was there. I jacked it up to full blast for a couple seconds, dropped it back down to 2 and i haven't heard it since. hope it works for you.

Nick VR4
11-07-2002, 06:51 AM
if you got it from a dealer take it back to them

ndsimm
01-22-2003, 02:51 PM
turns out the blower motor is bad. they have a new one on order and will call me back in to install it when it comes in....

manybrews
01-22-2003, 06:25 PM
could be a bunch of things. take it back and let them fix it.