PDA

View Full Version : P1400 check engine light

philos
04-09-2006, 05:26 PM
i have a 96 galant with more than 150,000 miles. last year i have the CEL came on. i took it to the mechanic and he cleaned the pressure sensor and the light came back after 2 days. i ignored it and then i changed my PCV valve last month and it was off then came back after a day. then i changed my spark plugs and same thing, turned off for one day.

today i took it to autozone and the guy said it's P1400, i need to replaced my EGR valve for $114.99. i searched the forum and the others seemed to say replace the pressure sensor. which one should i replace and please explain how? first, i'm up for state inspection and i'm worried it'll fail, and second, the autozone guy said my car might not start.

n3oAcid24
04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
hey man are you sure the code was a P1400? cant find it in the book man.

seth98esT
04-09-2006, 05:39 PM
P1400 Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor circuit.

pinoyesv6
04-09-2006, 05:49 PM
yup seth is right at least for a mitsubishi. for other brands its different

BMW-Heated Catalyst Battery Voltage or Current too Low During Heating
DPFE Sensor Low Voltage (Ford, Mazda)
EGRC-Solenoid Valve (Infiniti)
Fuel Tank Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit Low Input (Subaru)

bronxbombr
04-09-2006, 07:58 PM
if you need a EGR i have a spare one sitting around collecting dust.

Shadow19
04-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Yea my car does the same damn thing.. and it makes gas mileage as shitty as it can be. I had it fixed for like a week but then the damn light came back on. I took the EGR valve off and checked it for vacuum and it checked out good... maybe i have it hooked up wrong.. does anyone have a pic or anything that can show me how the vacuum lines are hooked up from the manifold?

Proto
04-09-2006, 09:38 PM
mine did this before on my 96 S.. my IAC went bad then i replaced that then the EGR code came up. I just cleaned the current EGR up very good, unhooked the battery for the night and the code never came back.

Shadow19
04-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Cool... Ill have to do that

philos
04-09-2006, 11:32 PM
proto - how do u clean the EGR? where is it located? thanks.

i knew P1400 is Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor circuit but i'm not sure to replace the pressure sensor or EGR. the autozone guy sounds so sure it's the EGR valve.

bronxbombr - how much is it?

bronxbombr
04-10-2006, 06:16 AM
shit i'll throw that shit at you for lil to nothing. Just make sure you pay for the FEDEX and we good:) Hit me up with a PM

seth98esT
04-10-2006, 06:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(philos)</div><div class='quotemain'>proto - how do u clean the EGR? where is it located? thanks.

i knew P1400 is Manifold Differential Pressure Sensor circuit but i'm not sure to replace the pressure sensor or EGR. Â*the autozone guy sounds so sure it's the EGR valve.

bronxbombr - how much is it?</div>
Just makes sure the MDP is plugged in.

philos
04-14-2006, 10:43 PM
my friend told me this morning that she noticed that my exhaust released white smoke when i accelerate. i took her car and trailed her driving mine and noticed that there was white smoke only in the first few minutes (maybe something to do with engine not warm yet?). does anybody know if that has to do with EGR valve or pressure sensor or anything at all?