PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Box diagram(Overheating issues)

xmor
04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
is there a diagram that shows what each fuse belongs too? I poped the hood and checked the fux box and I know where the fan relay is, however I was told that the horn(?) rely can be switched with the fan relay temporarly until I get a new fan relay fuse? not even sure if that sounds right at all but there is no loss in asking. any ideas?

pinoyesv6
04-11-2006, 10:33 PM
there's a diagram on the fuse box cover. there's a diagram in the owners manual

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/106/relay7rb.png

xmor
04-11-2006, 10:39 PM
that was quick! thanks alot so I guess the horn and the A/c relays are diffrient from the fan relay. is there any fuse in the car that can be switched with the fan relay?(same fuse, used in a diffrient function?)

pinoyesv6
04-11-2006, 10:42 PM
that was quick! thanks alot so I guess the horn and the A/c relays are diffrient from the fan relay. is there any fuse in the car that can be switched with the fan relay?(same fuse, used in a diffrient function?)

you can't replace a relay with a fuse

xmor
04-11-2006, 10:45 PM
I actually meant a relay but I used fuse because in my languagh we use fuse to describe even relays...lol stupid me. either way, I take the answer as no right? no similier relay to the fan control that is being used in any other function of the car.

thanks again

pinoyesv6
04-11-2006, 10:52 PM
just open up the fuse box and see if there are any relays that are the same. the part numbers are on the relays

xmor
04-11-2006, 10:58 PM
well my box looks like this and I assumed because of the diffrience in physical size, that fan relay is the only type of it's own. I don't see any other that matches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-99-GAL...bayphotohosting ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-99-GALANT-FUSE-PANEL-RELAY-SWITCH-COVER-TRIM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33696QQitemZ804848 3335QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V#ebayphotohosting')

xmor
04-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Ok well I installed the new relay and it did nothing. my car is crossing the center.

i'm tired of this car already. here is what I changed in it so far.
-Water pump
-Thermostate( although I found massive greese in that area yesterday and cleand it, could it be that it's leaking?)
-Temp sensor(I found it leaking so I tightend it real bad, should I loose it a bit?)

-Gauge temp sensor( I've also tightend that one up)

-belts

-fans are working

-did flush many times

-lower hose and changed the clamps

-put new clamps on the upper hose.

The radiator does not look like it's bad (car has only 76k? shouldn't raditors not fail around that milage?)

Some one suggested to me on freez plugs. although I can't see the ones in the back of the car the front ones are not leaking.

any ideas guys? I'm going crazy, this car is driving me nuts.

SkylineG1
04-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Does it go straight up to the <span style='color:red'>H</span>? Or just past the center line? You might need a new gauge.

xmor
04-12-2006, 09:15 PM
it doesn't go that high
it just crosses the center and stay s alittle bit above it

SkylineG1
04-12-2006, 09:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xmor)</div><div class='quotemain'>it doesn't go that high
it just crosses the center and stay s alittle bit above it</div>

Did you put in gauge overlays, like the AC Auto gauges?

xmor
04-12-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't know what you mean? can you explain more, I'm not in to electric really.

xmor
04-15-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm still waiting for your answer SkylineG1. :?:

Xrs2
04-15-2006, 12:37 PM
He means did you install something like this.

http://dnaracing.net/catalog/product_info....f9447d8cb3b5113 ('http://dnaracing.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_128_25&products_id=33&osCsid=9a7a915870fade959f9447d8cb3b5113')

xmor
04-15-2006, 12:51 PM
no I haven't.

I have a question. On the temp sensor plug that sends the temp signals. basicly there is a wire pluged into the temp sensor. then there is two ground wires that are coming from that same pluged wire(temp sensor) that I'm suppose to basicly make them touch the head part of the engine.

One of these two ground wires has what looks like a fuse that one of the ground wires is pluged in. what's the job of that fuse or whatever it is?

xmor
04-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Ok I just found out something new. I hope you guys somehow know what the problem is after this new info.

I turn on the car, temp gauge goes up but it doesn't go all the way right before the center. I drive it around and the gauge goes right at the center. I go back and park and the gauge doesn't drop. I shut the car off and turn it on and the needle is back at the first place where it doesn't go all the way up and it's sitting there. the car is warm so I press on the gas for 3-4 min (2500rpm) and the gauge needle doesn't move up. I start driving and the needle goes right to the center. to me that sounds like an airflow issues or the front radiator protector thing is not letting enough air get into the radiator. am i right? please confirm with me because if that's the case I'll just go change the radiator.

xmor
04-19-2006, 11:11 PM
One more addition, I found wet grease right around the water pump. does that mean the water pump gasket or what? it was changed like 7-8 month ago.

anyone there?

hsinya
04-20-2006, 01:03 AM
do u have a usdm? isnt it suppose to reach the 1/2 way mark?

SkylineG1
04-20-2006, 07:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hsinya)</div><div class='quotemain'>do u have a usdm? isnt it suppose to reach the 1/2 way mark?</div>

Mine is just below the 1/2 way mark. I figure if your not overheating why mess with it?