PDA

View Full Version : NEED ADVICE AND KNOWLEDG ON SUSPENSION ASAP!!!

dlvetoblue
11-06-2002, 10:25 AM
hey guys, i haven't visited the forum in forever... anywho... I'm finally getting my 2000 I4 galant es in on veterans day (11/11/02) at Road Race Engineering to have KYB AGX struts and shocks installed. I've been riding around with blown shocks and its hell to drive in LA. I chose Road Race Engineering because of the good reputation they have. but when i talked to the guys are road race, they asked me if i had stock spring or not. I told them i had ground control coilovers and they responded by saying that they weren't sure if the KYB shocks and struts will fit with ground controls. They said they've done installs for 3g eclipses and stratus's , but never for a galant. they asked me to bring my car in so that they can find out, and if it doesn't work out, I can just take my car back. Does anyone know if the combo i'm trying to pull out will work? please respond asap. It's my b-day on veterans day and I would like to have some good news.....thanks...

pinoyesv6
11-06-2002, 12:35 PM
the suspensions on the galant and the eclipse are pretty much the same. maybe different part number for different spring rates and stuff but thats about it.

dlvetoblue
11-06-2002, 01:35 PM
thanks pinoy, i know the set up for the 3G eclipse and 8G galants are the same, but Road Race wasn't sure if the ground controls will fit on KYB AGX's. So, yeah... any one with any ideas???

Ghost Beat
11-06-2002, 01:57 PM
i got agx's and gc coils your gona have a little problem with the getting the sleeve that the rings that adjust the height put on caus of the ring there is i had to grind down the ring a little and slide on the sleeve and on the backs the gc sleeves again have somethign in them that form fits them to the shock but i had to push that out its only jammed in there so i just put in a pipe and banged it out and it slipped onto the back one's thats the 2 things that i had to do to put on the gc's on agx's but the ride quality now is well worth it