PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

Nappy Jay
04-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi,
I'm new obviously! I had a '02 Galant ES before thats what started my love for Galant's, but I got married, had a kid so I had to get something bigger...so I got a Isuzu Axiom...don't ask me why. Now I have a 91' 2.0L SOHC Galant. I'm still new to this kinda thing and I need help badly. I wanted to know what kind of things I could do...like an engine swap for starters. I'm not sure a sohc will satisfy me anyone know of anyother kind of engine will fit and where I could find it? And well I'm not gonna even post a pic of it till I get the body done cause...see it was wrecked, not by me by the previous owner. Hey, it was only $600 and I needed a car fast. Had to change the right passeger door and the clutch so far. I really need a right quarter panel thats where it got hit well never mind that i need a whole new back damaged both sides how the impact happened. It didn't hurt the frame, luckly. If anyone at all can help me please do...as you can see I need it. O.o and I'm also wondering if I really need that sensor for the intake. It's so irritating!!! Or the whole stock intake at all?

Thank You All -N- Advance!!!

Nappy Jay

4-G-rim
04-24-2006, 09:25 AM
In all honesty..you can't do too much on the SOHC 4G63's in the 6g Galant. You can swap a DOHC 4G63t into the engine bay..but the $$$ you will spending to get it working and running will far exceed the price you paid for the car. The car sounds perfect for daily and practical use...but to squeeze some performance out of it is just isn't worth it unless you are perpared to spend the money to do it.

glantv699
04-24-2006, 09:31 AM
In all honesty..you can't do too much on the SOHC 4G63's in the 6g Galant. You can swap a DOHC 4G63t into the engine bay..but the $$$ you will spending to get it working and running will far exceed the price you paid for the car. The car sounds perfect for daily and practical use...but to squeeze some performance out of it is just isn't worth it unless you are perpared to spend the money to do it.

Yeah 4G63t would be a lot of money...would be a lot of work too. If you were to do that the final product would definitely be rockin' the performance end. I think you should get the car back into decent condition on the exterior and then go from there...a clean 6G with maybe some added wheels/tires and then perhaps intake and a cleaned up engine bay is cool in my book.

bronxbombr
04-24-2006, 11:45 AM
For the dough you will spend to get that shit running like a champ you might as well buy a car thats already modded or easily modded

Mr. O
05-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Well it seems like what you are doing is trying to find a fun car for yourself right? If so, do try to get rid of that find a VR-4. The motors do not swap in with no problem. They have different engine mounts.

This is what I say. It sounds fun and I wana do this. I'm actually think about doing it with in this month, finding one atleast then starting on it.

Anywho, the 92-95 "J1" Hyundai Elantras came stock with the 4G93.....1.8
Basically it's the under bored 4G63. A 4G63T swaps right in no problem. Other work is need but that would be an awesome & fun daily driver.