PDA

View Full Version : For those who want that chrome look...

G-spot
04-14-2006, 10:24 PM
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/mirrachro...ra_prodinfo.htm ('http://www.alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirra_prodinfo.htm')

for 8 oz for $150 that's roughly ALL 8g trims chrome without the worry of extra labor. I just order one and I'll post pics when it's done.

Note: I know it's not real chrome, but I'm gonna use as a product testimony.

ipaintu
04-15-2006, 08:17 AM
i have used this .. good luck is all i have to say.....

ChikagoGTZ
04-15-2006, 09:55 AM
I hope you ordered more than just the chrome paint....

You'll likely need to base it with a polished black surface to get a mirror effect from the stuff, and you have to apply apply with a gravity feed spray gun, and then clear with their suggested stuff....looks like something the pros should use.

I'd base it in black, clear it, wet sand, and then apply the mirror, then clear again. Not the typical application techniques, but that's what they suggest.

Best of luck.

G-spot
04-17-2006, 07:55 PM
I hope you ordered more than just the chrome paint....

You'll likely need to base it with a polished black surface to get a mirror effect from the stuff, and you have to apply apply with a gravity feed spray gun, and then clear with their suggested stuff....looks like something the pros should use.

I'd base it in black, clear it, wet sand, and then apply the mirror, then clear again. Not the typical application techniques, but that's what they suggest.

Best of luck.

That's exactly what to expect. It's no one day project with all this humidy up and out.

ipaintu
04-17-2006, 08:28 PM
ok well you have to do this tho

You have to base it in black and then clear it. leave it alone for 7 days..
Then wetsand and add the chrome on it. Do it in very small amounts. many many small coats at about 55 pounds..
The wipe with a clean soft cloth and clear.... You should be ok. If your doing alot of area good luck. If you dont clear it it will not shine nicely nor last long. Its very easy to chip when not cleared.

Its not as showy as they show it. Unless you have ALOT of materials to play with like they do. Do you see how much they use in the videos..
The setup is nice tho. I wanted to get a complete setup for about 9k but......

Not that large of a deal here....
They should have a tech sheet on this...
Good Luck tho...