PDA

View Full Version : EVO X concept car

bronxbombr
04-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Im surprised that they aint gonna make too many of these in stick. The outside looks like the new Acura TL's but the inside is just ugly.

http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow/artic...show..leftnav.6 ('http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshow/articles/107458/page005.html?tid=edmunds.e.autoshow..leftnav.6').

seth98esT
04-15-2006, 09:41 AM
An automatic Evo is just outright retarded.

ChikagoGTZ
04-15-2006, 09:44 AM
And so begins the downfall of the Evo...

Way to go AGAIN Mutsubishi. :roll:

Donovan
04-15-2006, 09:51 AM
fuckin mother fuck

Xrs2
04-15-2006, 10:31 AM
If its anything like the Ferrari paddle shifters, which go from open>gearchange>close in milliseconds then it would be kinda sick. I doubt it will be that refined tho.

bglocc
04-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I like the look, but I think whenever they try to redesign something, they try too hard. Nothing in their lineup flows right, they fucked up the galant (too big), they fucked up all their suv's (too ugly), and now they are gonna fuck up the EVO, but I don't think the paddle shifters are gonna make it to production.

4g63lover
04-15-2006, 11:16 AM
goodbye evo.... my love have left me.... :cry:

Kalamidad
04-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I love that body. LOVE THE EVO. the interior will be changed before it hits the US Market. that's a given.

Also, that's the model that come with 20s. Keep in mind that Mitsubishi developed a hi-brid system where the generators are actually on the wheel hub as opposed to on the front mounted engine. Both this car and that technology, i forgot what it's called, have been discussed here. I am very optimistic and are definately waiting for it.

Kalamidad
04-15-2006, 12:16 PM
350 HP.
:shock:

G-spot
04-16-2006, 12:45 AM
The biggest twist to this concept's drivetrain is the use of a clutchless six-speed automanual transmission with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. Mitsubishi claims the setup is faster and more efficient than a typical manual. Yeah, we've heard that one before. Let's hope there's a manual gearbox available.

Smart shift makes my left foot go numb :roll:

Stewi
04-16-2006, 08:18 AM
im actually a little pissed off that they are ditching the 4G63T motor and going to some reverse aluminum block shit. The aluminum block is cool and all but putting the motor backwards is silly.

bronxbombr
04-16-2006, 11:35 AM
im actually a little pissed off that they are ditching the 4G63T motor and going to some reverse aluminum block shit. The aluminum block is cool and all but putting the motor backwards is silly.

Word, pretty stupid actually.

peanotation
04-16-2006, 11:45 AM
brilliant. let's make it 10x heavier, put it in stupid automatic transmission but tell idiots that it's sportshift or tripshift or triptronic or whatever you want to call it; it's still a big fat heavy automatic with no clutch

pretty soon mitsubishi isn't going to have ONE single car that i like in production

Proto
04-16-2006, 12:02 PM
mitsu is losing in the market by coming out with all this bs

G-spot
04-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Mitsu assume every buyer has an amputated left foot.

cape97
04-16-2006, 03:00 PM
you guys are all hating it right now, but once it's out, you guys will all be droolin all over it....same feelings when ppl saw the 8 at first with it's horrendous nose....but look at ppl now!!! hehehe.....don't worry guys, whatever mistakes they make, they'll have enough money to fix it, mitsu's not like toyota and honda where more than 40% of their revenue is from cars....to MItsu , cars are only like 10-15% of their income man...dont stress!!
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif 8) 8) 8) 8)

cape97
04-16-2006, 03:02 PM
here's the new outlander guys!! please don't tell me it's not nice because I think it's pretty sick and it's features are first in its class

http://mitsucars.com/07outlander/ ('http://mitsucars.com/07outlander/')

9G
04-16-2006, 03:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cape97)</div><div class='quotemain'>here's the new outlander guys!! please don't tell me it's not nice because I think it's pretty sick and it's features are first in its class

http://mitsucars.com/07outlander/</div>

9G=ugly front, nice rear
07Outlander=nice front, ugly rear

07Outlander front + 9G rear = Gallander = a Mitsubishi seller!

manybrews
04-16-2006, 04:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>An automatic Evo is just outright retarded.</div>

do you even KNOW how the market works?

people in america WANT automatics. It matters not what people think is appropriate to a car or not.

70 percent of all 'vettes are autos.

sell what people will buy.

i also love every other persons comments here. Honestly, most are completely silly.
bitching about an aluminum block? bitching about a 6 speed auto/manual?
do you people have a clue as to what you're talking about? I garantee no one here has driven a 6 speed SMG gearbox, regardless of what mitsu is putting in the new evo.
Not to mention the fact that they ARE going to have a normal 5 speed manual available.

jesus. people bitch about anything they can bitch about.
"oh, the current car is too bland".
"oh, the new car is too outrageous".
"oh, why install an auto, because I wouldnt want one".
"oh, why use aluminum".

seriously, people, why not wait until the car is actually AVAILABLE for a drive before bitching about it?

Danger DANJ
04-16-2006, 04:34 PM
I don't know about you guys, it's not like they aren't making a manual version. I'd take one with paddle shifters in a heartbeat. That would be sick! As far as the aluminum block, they have to do that to keep the weight down. I'm hoping that I'll be in good enough financial status to buy one when they come out. Well, maybe I'll wait a year to see how they do first.

Kalamidad
04-16-2006, 08:21 PM

people in america WANT automatics. It matters not what people think is appropriate to a car or not.

i also love every other persons comments here. Honestly, most are completely silly.
do you people have a clue as to what you're talking about? I garantee no one here has driven a 6 speed SMG gearbox, regardless of what mitsu is putting in the new evo.
Not to mention the fact that they ARE going to have a normal 5 speed manual available.

"oh, why use aluminum".

seriously, people, why not wait until the car is actually AVAILABLE for a drive before bitching about it?

ha ha!!!!

ChikagoGTZ
04-16-2006, 08:38 PM

"oh, why use aluminum".

ha ha!!!!

Leave it to Many to put us cocky bastards in our places.

xmor
04-17-2006, 12:12 PM
why all the hate on sportronic? I mean if mitsu says its more efficient then surly they must've tested both? Personally I tried an M3 with one and I found it interesting and not as bad as every one says.

either way I'm pretty sure they will release both versions. but the sporttronic transmition is a good idea to attract more buyers.

xmor
04-17-2006, 12:18 PM
One more thing. If mitsu was smart, they would release a coupe version of this to compete with the g35 and the 350z. that's my opinioni though.

DOHCstunr
04-17-2006, 01:00 PM
One more thing. If mitsu was smart, they would release a coupe version of this to compete with the g35 and the 350z. that's my opinioni though.

thats a totally different class man
totally different market.

the evo is a sport compact.
its targeted at the wrx, GTI's, mazda aspeeds, things liek that.

the 4g eclipse coupe is what woud compete in the bottom end of the touring coupe market.

glantv699
04-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Im surprised that they aint gonna make too many of these in stick. The outside looks like the new Acura TL's but the inside is just ugly.

the evo X should be the evo XI...the transition is way too extreme, the VII-IX have had a slow and subtle progression in the looks department, perfmance upgrades have been reasonably on par, but if this follows the 9 it just doesn't seem right. If they're ditching the manual I'd rather see an auto-stick, just the feeling of throwing a knob or something backwards and forwards is more fun that twidling your thumbs on the steering wheel.

... the interior will be changed before it hits the US Market. that's a given.

Absolutely, and they've got lots of work to do.

the new outlander is decent.

xmor
04-17-2006, 04:44 PM

thats a totally different class man
totally different market.

the evo is a sport compact.
its targeted at the wrx, GTI's, mazda aspeeds, things liek that.

the 4g eclipse coupe is what woud compete in the bottom end of the touring coupe market.

I think mitsu needs a whole new brand then because the eclipse is just not compatitve to the infinity or the nissan.

rhema83
04-17-2006, 09:14 PM
I second that. When I think of G35 or 350Z, I think of performance with luxury. But the Eclipse just does not invoke the same thoughts - even though the 4G Eclipse has good "luxury" options. It's actually not so much of a mechanical design problem with the car. (Come to think about it, it is. Who needs 3.8 liters just to make 200+ horses? Turbo a 3 liter DOHC V6 and give it AWD!) It's the image and branding. Mitsubishi needs something powerful and NEW.

xmor
04-17-2006, 10:02 PM
I second that. When I think of G35 or 350Z, I think of performance with luxury. But the Eclipse just does not invoke the same thoughts - even though the 4G Eclipse has good "luxury" options. It's actually not so much of a mechanical design problem with the car. (Come to think about it, it is. Who needs 3.8 liters just to make 200+ horses? Turbo a 3 liter DOHC V6 and give it AWD!) It's the image and branding. Mitsubishi needs something powerful and NEW.

Yes and In my opinion the concept X design somehow brought in a coupe version can do the trick. maybe not the same engine but atleast put that Concept X face on that luxary car somehow.

DOHCstunr
04-17-2006, 10:14 PM

Yes and In my opinion the concept X design somehow brought in a coupe version can do the trick. maybe not the same engine but atleast put that Concept X face on that luxary car somehow.
no one would buy it. otherwise i'm sure it would be done.
mitsu is having enought trouble turning a profit right now.
even though they are some of the most reliable cars on the road as of now.

the comapny is in financial turmoil, and just like nissan did a few years back, they need to revamp their image through marketing and design.

evo x looks great.
i like everything about it. i'd prefer a stick but i drove a 360 modena with the f1 shift, and i liked it very very much.
i'd still get a stick.

the only thing i have to bitch about is the flipped motor.
I'd hate to turn wrenches on the snail sitting all tight back between the firewall and block. its just tight back there on any car.

but i imagine it brings a great deal of weight from the turbocharger and exhaust system closer to the center of the vehicle for better weight distribution, which is what the evo is all about.
i imagine the bends from the o2 housing to the downpipe would be much less than the 90* that you usually can't avoid with front side manifold designs.
fewer bends, less restriction, shorter exhaust length, less weight.

Danger DANJ
04-17-2006, 10:42 PM
If they're ditching the manual I'd rather see an auto-stick, just the feeling of throwing a knob or something backwards and forwards is more fun that twidling your thumbs on the steering wheel.
I haven't read anything about them ditching the manual, but making both available. I drive in heavy ass traffic in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoon, so I don't want any damn stick to mess with. The paddle shifters is where it's at for me. That's only assuming the paddle shifting system will be worth a damn.

Kalamidad
04-17-2006, 10:58 PM
i'm wondering how they are squeezing out 350 HP out a that engine. They are limited as to how big the engine can get due to the Ralli standard or some shit.

Tech_Greek
04-18-2006, 01:25 AM
brilliant. let's make it 10x heavier, put it in stupid automatic transmission but tell idiots that it's sportshift or tripshift or triptronic or whatever you want to call it; it's still a big fat heavy automatic with no clutch

pretty soon mitsubishi isn't going to have ONE single car that i like in production

You do realize that an automatic will outrun the manual any given day as it can shift faster, all given facts that drive train loss is more stock for stock, but with a better torque converter you'll loose less drive train loss and whoop standard cars off the line.

Hows THAT for stupid automatic.

manybrews
04-18-2006, 10:30 AM
i'm wondering how they are squeezing out 350 HP out a that engine. They are limited as to how big the engine can get due to the Ralli standard or some shit.

pretty sure the euro spec evo already kicks out 400HP.

american emission standards keeps ours lower.

DOHCstunr
04-18-2006, 11:24 AM

pretty sure the euro spec evo already kicks out 400HP.

american emission standards keeps ours lower.
and insurance premiums would be even higher with that kind of power. Which would make it much less affordable to the end of the market that would buy this car.

DOHCstunr
04-18-2006, 11:27 AM

You do realize that an automatic will outrun the manual any given day as it can shift faster, all given facts that drive train loss is more stock for stock, but with a better torque converter you'll loose less drive train loss and whoop standard cars off the line.

Hows THAT for stupid automatic.

your statement would only be true for the drag strip buddy. i'd love to see a torque converter get up in the twisties and beet a manual. it won't happen. dollar for dollar.

but manumatics adn sequential shift trannies are different.
the true sequential tranny is in fact a manual tranny. it has a clutch and a flywheel. without the slushy drivetrain loss of a torque converter. computers control clutch actuation. and gear selection.
so it shift much much faster than your trashy automatics. and weighs much much less, and runs much much cooler.

Jet Black
04-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Video of EVO X:
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...ticleId=109902# ('http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=109902#')

GOOSEY2099
04-19-2006, 01:54 PM
I just seen that Sick Car, its at the New York Auto show.

Jet Black
04-19-2006, 01:58 PM
The more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I got a feeling that this car is Mitsubishis responce to the upcoming R35 Skyline GTR, and the yet-TBA Supra. As long as Mitsubishi keeps the costs well under 70k (project price of GTR), then they have a sure winner.

4-G-rim
04-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I would just wait till they debut the actual production car EVO. I still believe its all speculation and of course its a concept car, so everything about it is concept even to the technology. I'll just wait till they finally debut the actual production EVO X, then i'll start criticizing. The only thing I am criticizing now is that there is no more 4G63...instead they are replacing it with a 2 liter Aluminum block motor. I'll have to see what this new motor is all about first though before I really start questioning it.

manybrews
04-19-2006, 06:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4-G-rim)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would just wait till they debut the actual production car EVO. I still believe its all speculation and of course its a concept car, so everything about it is concept even to the technology. I'll just wait till they finally debut the actual production EVO X, then i'll start criticizing. The only thing I am criticizing now is that there is no more 4G63...instead they are replacing it with a 2 liter Aluminum block motor. I'll have to see what this new motor is all about first though before I really start questioning it.</div>
mitsu is slowly swapping in aluminum for cast iron over time on all their cars.. Mostly as a reponse to people whining about "how heavy" cast iron is (never mind the fact that a cast iron 4 cylinder block only weighs about 75 pounds +/- more than aluminum.

whatever.. I have no doubt the block will be fine, as aluminum is easily strong enough if designed correctly.

the new outlander engine (debuting in fall) is an all new aluminum 3 liter v-6 with mivec. I suspect you'll see a trickle down effect to the rest of thier engines over the next 5 years.

G-spot
04-23-2006, 04:07 PM
does anybody know what's the deal with 10G? Remember seeing the concept drawing few months back.

AVERAGE
04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm wondering how they are squeezing out 350 HP out a that engine. Â*They are limited as to how big the engine can get due to the Ralli standard or some shit.</div> I could have sworn that I read in SCC that Mitsu pulled out of the WRC?

4-G-rim
04-24-2006, 09:28 AM
i'm wondering how they are squeezing out 350 HP out a that engine. They are limited as to how big the engine can get due to the Ralli standard or some shit. I could have sworn that I read in SCC that Mitsu pulled out of the WRC?

Yah..Mitsu pulled out of the WRC for now but its very sure they will be back in there once they get some things straight within the company. Though Mitsu pulled out of the WRC...there are private teams still using the EVO as their rallicar and still have to adhere to WRC rules.

GPTourer
04-24-2006, 04:36 PM

Bravo. It isn't like they aren't going to make the manual anymore. And it isn't the first auto Evo. They had the VII GT-A overseas. I like the bodywork. It is aggressive, has that cut roofline and reminds me a lot of what the 8G looks like + Diamantes and older Mirages. The Star Trek interior won't make it into production, that's obvious. But damn, so much hate and misinformation. The reverse engine improves/shortens the path between the power and the ground while mainting the optimum weight distribution.

The car will kick ass, I am sure.

9G
08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
http://home.arcor.de/petra.rako/Mitsubishi/Trebur%20Grafik%20Design%20Pictures/Picture%200060.JPG
http://home.arcor.de/petra.rako/Mitsubishi/Trebur%20Grafik%20Design%20Pictures/Picture%200061.JPG
http://home.arcor.de/petra.rako/Mitsubishi/Trebur%20Grafik%20Design%20Pictures/Picture%200062.JPG
http://home.arcor.de/petra.rako/Mitsubishi/Trebur%20Grafik%20Design%20Pictures/Picture%200057.JPG
http://home.arcor.de/petra.rako/Mitsubishi/Trebur%20Grafik%20Design%20Pictures/Picture%200058.JPG
http://home.arcor.de/petra.rako/Mitsubishi/Trebur%20Grafik%20Design%20Pictures/Picture%200059.JPG[/QUOTE]

Yumm Yumm?

Rally-Edition.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.ph...threadid=215226 ('http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?threadid=215226')

Reelax
08-02-2006, 04:54 PM
i just saw this car in person at MOD06 and i love it. i think i will have one in my garage when the MR edition comes out... it looks so good in person!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/raine976/Xfrntangle.jpg
that's me in the black shirt and hat on the left. btw.

Tech_Greek
08-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Having a sportronic tranny vs a standard in the turns are about the same thing, you just dont have to wait on the shift time sir...and YES you can down shift the tranny while cornering...I cant stand driving around in D when I'm in spirited mode as when I go to take off slow then fast it shifts to second first then down shifts again when I flip it over and just leave it through first.

VegasMatt
08-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I too saw this car in person last weekend. It looks way better in person than it does in any pix I ever saw. Same as Reelax, I will have one too...without the wing though. Just the trunk lip.

AVERAGE
08-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Any pics of the rear? looks pretty sweet so far...

mikeyhotts
08-05-2006, 02:54 PM
they are chaging the leds and some others before they come out in the states. interior will be different as well..kals right. and yes i will be getting one.. but i will still keep the g forever. itll be a classic someday fellas.

Reelax
08-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Any pics of the rear? looks pretty sweet so far...

here are some rear and side shots:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/raine976/Xfront.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/raine976/Xinterior.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Thero2002/DSC01689.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Thero2002/DSC01690.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Thero2002/DSC01691.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Thero2002/DSC01692.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Thero2002/DSC01696.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Thero2002/DSC01700.jpg

9G
08-06-2006, 11:41 PM
nice color.

Reelax
08-07-2006, 06:15 PM
more pics of the EVOX from MOD'06 via socalevo.net:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2990.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2991.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2992-2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2992.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2993.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2994.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2996.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2997.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_2999.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_3000.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_3001-2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_3001.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_3002.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_3004.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_3006.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_3007.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/GooFdM/mod/IMG_3013.jpg

9G
08-07-2006, 06:44 PM
damn. 6 piston caliper all around. nice!

Reelax
08-09-2006, 06:53 PM
for those of you interested, here's the rollout at MMNA R&D at MOD'06:

This is a large file (almost 6MB) so have patience...

http://www.raniworld.com/MOD06pics/MOV01431.MPG ('http://www.raniworld.com/MOD06pics/MOV01431.MPG')

Donovan
08-14-2006, 04:39 AM
Yeah..like this car is gonna go into production https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif :cry:

Mante
08-14-2006, 10:21 AM
anyone get a under the hood shot??

Reelax
08-14-2006, 12:36 PM
anyone get a under the hood shot??

i don't remember if they even opened the hood once...