PDA

View Full Version : Flood under my trunk

milo111000
04-16-2006, 01:24 AM
i recently just finished sucking up all the water from underneath my trunk. this really sucks cause i would think that water would pour out somewhere down there but unfortunatly doesn't. it was flooded like 2" of dirty ass water. I'm not really sure where the water came from and i did check maybe seals where worn or torn from around the trunk line from were it would rain or wash ur car water would not get inside. But it was a bitch cleaning and draining the damn water. Stunk like hell too. anybody had the same prob? do we have like a drain plug under there? This sucks!!! :evil:

Bezzle
04-16-2006, 01:30 AM
7Gs gotta common leak problem.most of ours are at the top of the rear window or some have um where the trunk meets the window.

milo111000
04-16-2006, 01:32 AM
i did check for torn rubber silicon stuff but they looked pretty good. I guess i might have a little crack for the water to get in. sux cause it really rains here alot.

Bezzle
04-16-2006, 01:42 AM
i did check for torn rubber silicon stuff but they looked pretty good. I guess i might have a little crack for the water to get in. sux cause it really rains here alot.
damn that sucks.ya kno whats funny about my leak is that it only leaks when i go through a car wash or wash it nonetheless.i guess its the water pressure pushing thru a crack.i go through car washs and look in my backseat and i see a long drool down my backseat.i gotta rip out my headliner one day and check it out.heres the thread about those 7G leaks if it helps any...
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=45632 ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=45632')

milo111000
04-16-2006, 01:50 AM
thanks man! i'm not worried about where the h2o would come from, i'm just trying to find a damn drain plug if there's any. i really don't wanna pull out the whole carpet lining cause that's just a whole lotta work and time is not what i have right now. i guess i'm feeling their frustrations right now. i just can't stand the smell of wet carpet in my car ya know..

mapid145
04-16-2006, 02:28 AM
man.. i got the same problem.. usualy i just stuff a lot of newspapers.. leave it there for couple of hours.. and then just toss them out.. pain in the ass let me tell u.. so i know how u feel.. wheni pulled out the carpet.. there was this wierd smelly liquid.. not like rain water.. but looked like it was mixed with some stuff..

tell u the truth man.. i have no idea wats the probelm on it..if u find out. let me know..

hsinya
04-16-2006, 03:19 AM
i'm not suggesting anything, just throwing it out there. get under the car and drill a hole somewhere at the lowest spot on the spare tire well, then use something rubber to plug it up?

pinoyesv6
04-16-2006, 07:23 AM
there should be a drain tube at the bottom of your trunk. maybe its clogged up

ChikagoGTZ
04-16-2006, 07:55 AM
i'm not suggesting anything, just throwing it out there. get under the car and drill a hole somewhere at the lowest spot on the spare tire well, then use something rubber to plug it up?

Unfortunately that's where the gas tank is located, so I wouldn't suggest this...

Prophet
04-16-2006, 09:31 PM
If you are looking at the rear tails, look behind the right tail light. Pull the carpet back and you will see a black box looking thing with a rubber peice covering it. Check to make sure you have that rubber piece. When I had my system I would get this annoying sound like the trunk falling apart from the rear right bumper. I climbed underneath the car and seen that rubber part flapping back and forth with the air moving. I removed it and water started to get into my trunk. I then sealed a piece of plastic over it with silicon and I was good to go. Just a suggestion....

hsinya
04-16-2006, 09:36 PM

Unfortunately that's where the gas tank is located, so I wouldn't suggest this...

isnt the gas tank in front of the spare tire well? there should be nothing underneath the tire well?

milo111000
04-17-2006, 07:19 AM
yeah i actually thought about drilling some holes but i remembered the gas tank. well after vaccuming some of the water left and drying it up overnight, the smell was gone and it was nice and dry. just don't want it to happen again. i asked my wife if anything spilled back there and guess what... something did. she went to some company picnic and she spilled OJ from a carton that was smashed with a whole buncha food.. that explains the smell. i threatened her of divorce and she said it's never gon happen again. hahahaha https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif well anyway, thanks for all yol thoughts..

ChikagoGTZ
04-17-2006, 07:45 AM
yeah i actually thought about drilling some holes but i remembered the gas tank. well after vaccuming some of the water left and drying it up overnight, the smell was gone and it was nice and dry. just don't want it to happen again. i asked my wife if anything spilled back there and guess what... something did. she went to some company picnic and she spilled OJ from a carton that was smashed with a whole buncha food.. that explains the smell. i threatened her of divorce and she said it's never gon happen again. hahahaha https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif well anyway, thanks for all yol thoughts..

Careful threatening divorce, one day she may just say....OK, deal.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

milo111000
04-20-2006, 08:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Careful threatening divorce, one day she may just say....OK, deal.</div>

nah. not now she might be pregnant. I'm gon be a DADDY AGAIN!!!! hella feels good!!!

Hardrock
04-20-2006, 11:47 AM
I had the same problem. Spare tire was drenched. Smelled pretty horrible.

Isn't the tank located under the backseat kinda?

pvu_rida
06-20-2006, 06:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>there should be a drain tube at the bottom of your trunk. maybe its clogged up</div>

bringing this back, I just found out I have this problem.... where excatlly is this tube is located at..

305Ggirl
06-20-2006, 07:15 PM
it must be an epidemic cause i found nasty ass water in my trunk too...i got it out and it rained today and i found no water so i dont know where its comming from. i think it might be from a car wash or something....if anyone knows where theirs is comming from and how to fix, please post. thanks.

raw0055
06-20-2006, 10:28 PM
I had the same problem come to find out it was coming from the after market tails. Seal up around the tails. That Fixed it for me

milo111000
06-21-2006, 04:11 AM
isn't a bitch!!!!??? well i took everything apart even the carpet. the hard way.. no water so far. so far so good. i didn't make holes or anything cause i might hit the gas tank... but good luck fellas

pvu_rida
06-21-2006, 10:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>isn't a bitch!!!!??? well i took everything apart even the carpet. the hard way.. no water so far. so far so good. i didn't make holes or anything cause i might hit the gas tank... but good luck fellas</div>

so what did u do, to solve ur problem?

SpicyGalant
06-21-2006, 07:16 PM
do you have a spoiler...could it be coming from the drilled holes from that?

pvu_rida
06-21-2006, 07:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SpicyGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>do you have a spoiler...could it be coming from the drilled holes from that?</div>

yea but the spoiler came from the factory

milo111000
06-22-2006, 01:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvu_rida)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>isn't a bitch!!!!??? well i took everything apart even the carpet. the hard way.. no water so far. so far so good. i didn't make holes or anything cause i might hit the gas tank... but good luck fellas</div>

so what did u do, to solve ur problem?</div>

just took out the carpet and vacuumed the whole thing til it dried up.