PDA

View Full Version : HELP--- SRS light is lit up

mystik
11-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Anybody know how I can fix this???

pinoyesv6
11-06-2002, 01:11 PM
SRS that means airbags...you don't wanna mess with your airbags. maybe wait and see if it goes away. but yea dealer should look @ that. its not supposed to go on...

mystik
11-06-2002, 01:19 PM
It's been lit up for a week now...

I think I might have short out one of the wires. Where can I find the fuse for the SRS???

Fishboy55
11-06-2002, 01:23 PM
I think it's under the hood. Check your owners manual. And if you really shorted the wires and the fuse isn't blown, I'd get to a dealer quick.

Chip

mystik
11-06-2002, 01:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think it's under the hood. Check your owners manual. And if you really shorted the wires and the fuse isn't blown, I'd get to a dealer quick.

Chip</div>

I don't have an owner's manual https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif .....Is it one of the smaller fuses or the big square ones??? I don't know jack about fuses.

How much do you think the dealer will charge to fix this problem???

FLIPDVS
11-06-2002, 03:06 PM
I just came back from the dealer because of these problem. This is the second time it happened to me already. But this time te dealer said that the bags were no good. If i would have crashed and those things didn't go off i could have been living real large on mitsubishi. lol. But yea go over to the dealership and get it check out, nine was covered under warranty

manybrews
11-06-2002, 05:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FLIPDVS)</div><div class='quotemain'>If i would have crashed and those things didn't go off i could have been living real large on mitsubishi. lol. </div>
actually, the "SRS" light being on is usually a pretty good indication that something is amiss, hence freeing Mitsu of any responsability.

anyway, the problem is almost definatly a failing seat airbag (assuming you have the side airbags).
theyve been giving us troubles.

mystik
11-08-2002, 12:46 AM
anybody know where the fuse for the airbags (SRS) is located on a 2000 galant? :?:

TJC
11-08-2002, 01:12 AM
Well fuses can only be in one of two places, one under the hood next to the battery on the driver side fender and the other is the left side of the dash only accessible when you swing open the driver side door. It is also clearly marked SRS. I forgot which location it's at exactly but these are the only 2 places.

EvoLuTioN
11-10-2002, 11:37 AM
i know this is going to sound stupid... but i had the same problem one time... after i tapped my dome light for some power... anyways... as it turned out... i couldn't for the life of me figure out what i did... so long story short... i took it to the dealership... alls they did was pull out all my fuses and put em back in... low and behold the sonofabitch went off... they told me that one of my fuses was bad... AND IT WASN'T ANYTING TO DO WITH SRS... weird... but that's what happened... just thought i'd let you know...

One...

manybrews
11-10-2002, 05:06 PM
its a bad side airbag.
garanteed.