PDA

View Full Version : my Question list

Fusion
04-21-2006, 08:01 AM
Hey guys,

Got a few questions about things i have noticed that dont seem to be working,

1. Lights behind the hazard and recycled air button's, is there meant to be a light there, if so how do you change them?,

2. power window buttons, is there meant to be lights behind them is so are they replacable?

3. Cluster, at the moment i have clear bulbs and the dials are orange colour is there any way of getting the cluster looking bright white?

4. Is there a online service manual?, that would be able to show me the wiring diagrams behind the dash?

Think thats about it, any help would be great

Thanks,

4-G-rim
04-21-2006, 08:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>1. Lights behind the hazard and recycled air button's, is there meant to be a light there, if so how do you change them?, </div>

There should be a small tiny bulb to illuminate those 2 buttons at night. I never tried to change mine...but I assume you can by just seperating the switch case. There should be a bulb there...if it can be removed then you can change the bulb but if its a real tiny bulb, usually the only place you can get them is the dealer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>2. power window buttons, is there meant to be lights behind them is so are they replacable? </div>

Well on the USDM 7g's...the only light on the power window master switch is the drivers side window switch, all the other switches don't light up on the master switch. (I could be wrong...since I don't pay too much mind as long as the switch works)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>3. Cluster, at the moment i have clear bulbs and the dials are orange colour is there any way of getting the cluster looking bright white? </div>

You can change the cluster color bulbs but slipping colored "condoms" over the regular bulb. But if you are aiming for a "bright white" bulb...you can either get hyper white bulbs or LED replacements. I believe the main illumination bulbs on the cluster is the same bulb for the license plate and the parking lights in the headlights.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>4. Is there a online service manual?, that would be able to show me the wiring diagrams behind the dash? </div>

Not sure where to look online for a service manual but you can always go to your local Mitsu dealer and ask them to print you out the wiring diagram from there service manual.

Good Luck 8)

SkylineG1
04-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Well with the gauge cluster you can change the color of your needles to whatever you want and to make them bright install some HYPER WHITE bulbs

Check this out on how to do the needles. It's for the 8G but it might work for you 7Ger's.
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=20236 ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=20236')

Fusion
04-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the replys guys!, so you can buy LED that will replace the light bulb's i the cluster, will they plug straight in or will i have to soilder them in?

4-G-rim
04-21-2006, 09:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fusion)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for the replys guys!, so you can buy LED that will replace the light bulb's i the cluster, will they plug straight in or will i have to soilder them in?</div>

It should because all thats holding the actual bulb to the cluster is a socket which has metal contacts. All you have to do is twist and remove the bulb socket, remove the bulb and replace it. You can buy those LED bulbs pretty much anywhere now and it should be plug and play like a regular bulb. Just find a "wedge" style LED bulb..it has the same base as a regular bulb so you can just plug and play. Here is a link to see what the LED bulbs look like http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html ('http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html')

MBowen574
04-25-2006, 12:45 AM
take the center vent casing out and unscrew the back panel that holds the hazard and rear defroster buttons in and take them out. hold your hazard button and pry it in two (you'll see the tabs holding it together). make sure you don't break anything, though. also, make sure you don't lose any of the insides because they do spring out!! take the little orange bulb out. you'll have to go to a radio shack (do you have those in Australia?) or equivalent and get the mini lamps. then, take the orange "condom" off the old bulb, remove the bulb from the rubber socket by untwisting the leads, and thread your new bulb's longer leads into the rubber socket in the same manner the old one was. this is was holds the leads to contact the plug prongs in the button assembly. after that, cut your leads so they're the same length as the old ones were, slip the orange condom back on, plug your newly made bulb into the button's rear portion, snap the button back together, and you've got light! the fog light switch (bluish white), cruise control button light (bluish white) and indicator (orange), rear defroster light (white) and indicator (orange), hazard light (orange), A/C button light (white) and indicator (orange), and recirc button light (white) and indicator (orange) are all built with the same bulbs.

as for the power window switches, they're very dimly lit with a slight electric current running to them that's tied in with the door. If you turn your car on while it's dark and leave the lights off, you'll see a slight glow. this is only true for the driver's side master switch. i don't think it will ever burn out. there isn't any lighting in them that matches the brightness of the dash lights, however.