PDA

View Full Version : Emanage Injector trouble (P020x) codes

WarmAndSCSI
04-22-2006, 10:02 PM
I just finished installing the emanage ultimate. I double checked all of the connections with a multimeter and they are fine. Keep in mind, I have no FI yet. When I start the car, everything is normal; idles perfecly, drives and accelerates just as before. However, I keep on getting P0201 which is Injector 1 Circuit malfunction. If I bypass the eManage on Injector 1, then I get Injector 2 Circuit malfunction. This seems strange since the eManage is receiving the Injector singals correctly (no errors on the eManage) and the engine runs.

There is something strange and that is that the eManage outputs about 14 V on the injectors whereas the output from the ECU is around 3-4 V. I hooked up to the injector signal lines right at the ECU. Is this how I was supposed to set this up?

I checked the resistance on the injectors @ the emanage harness and they are all about 8 ohms (typical, I believe). The connections between the ECU harness and the emanage injector inputs are fine also. The ECU must not be receiving the correct kind of feedback from the emanage when it fires an injector.

Any help is appreciated.

Stewi
04-23-2006, 04:57 PM
make sure that the emanage is configured for high impedance, and also if there is a config for voltage check that too, what may be happening is the emanage is sending too high a voltage back to the stock ECU causing the check code. IF you go on club3g.com this guy Napalm knows the emanage inside and out, he is on this board too but I think he rarely comes on.

Jet Black
04-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Stewi, can the EU switch between high/low impedance by itself? Or is an inline resistor pack still needed?

Stewi
04-23-2006, 08:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'>Stewi, can the EU switch between high/low impedance by itself? Â*Or is an inline resistor pack still needed?</div>

I think you still need the inline resistor pack, but i think the emanage alters the voltage signal it sends with different injectors, based on their impedance. true standalone systems like HKS F-con, Apexi Power FC, AEM EMS, Haltech, Electromotive, Motec, etc. they all have integral resistor packs so you just tell the computer which injectors you got and it automatically sends the right signal.

WarmAndSCSI
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
I ended up wiring it to do add-only. No more SES lights (as expected). This config is fine for now.

Thanks for your help, though.