PDA

View Full Version : Squeak on shock

shortdogg2k05
04-24-2006, 09:49 AM
I installed springs on my car this weekend and no I have developed a squeak from my left shock. I am gonna take it apart this weekend to solve the problem, but i need to know what to look for.

Can anyone help me out?

pinoyesv6
04-24-2006, 11:12 AM
if everything is torqued to spec and installed correctly, i'd say its the mounts

shortdogg2k05
04-24-2006, 12:27 PM
if everything is torqued to spec and installed correctly, i'd say its the mounts

Like a rubber grummet or (what ever its called) missin? When I hear the sound the first thing that comes to mind is that some how the rod might be rubbing something metal. I dont know what it could be.

bronxbombr
04-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Strut mounts. And did you change or cut your bump stops?

shortdogg2k05
04-24-2006, 04:29 PM
Strut mounts. And did you change or cut your bump stops?

No I did neither. Didn't thing I needed to b/c I am still runnin on my stock shocks and struts.

gtx
04-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Did you put back the rubber ring where the spring sits on the strut?

devgrp
04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Its the strut boot. I had the same problem when I change my springs and struts. I had to buy some new ones from the dealer and changed. Cost about $5 a piece.

shortdogg2k05
04-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Its the strut boot. I had the same problem when I change my springs and struts. I had to buy some new ones from the dealer and changed. Cost about $5 a piece.

Mine was in great condition when I put it back on. I am thinking it is the mount as well, b/c it is pretty loud in the back seat.

shortdogg2k05
04-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Ok this is officially pissin me off :evil:! I thought it was tha fuckin damper rod bolt (DRB), but its not the DRB is fuckin tight as hell! The squeak it still there, I was tryin to change the lock nut cause I thought it was bad but as stated earlier that bitch would not even budge so it has to be good. I guess spinnin the rod made it quiet for now but, I know it will start up again. I dont know what else to do? I have read the Haynes repair guide over and over and cant come up with anything.

bronxbombr I did not change them, the slightest movement of the shock it squeaks so I feel that would not be the issue.

gtx yeah I did put the rubber ring back on.

Pinoy are you sayin that I should replace the whole shock mount?