PDA

View Full Version : Finalizing my turbo setup

M&T Designs
04-25-2006, 01:25 AM
I have a 95 5 speed Galant, and I am set on boosting it this summer.

My plan is to get a 2g eclipse turbo manifold, a 16g, o2 housing, ebay fmic, ebay piping, tubo xs BOV, walbro 255, and some good 550cc injectors. Boost and EGT gauges also. SAFC 2 for fuel management.

I hear the 16g's internal wastegate is set at 8 psi. That should be plenty for stock internals. Just looking to get a little more power before I overhaul.

When I get the money I am going to rebuild the engine and tranny. Then I can simply get a boost controller when I get everything setup. Then crank it up and retune.

Now as far as injectors go I am confused. Are high ohm injectors used on the 7g Galant? Are there performance differences between high ohm and low ohm injectors?

Would I be better off getting some low ohm injectors and using a resistor pack, or just getting some really expensive high ohm injectors and not hacking up my wiring? I am experienced with wiring, but is it really worth the trouble?

Am I forgeting anything?

Thanks in advance.

DOHCstunr
04-25-2006, 01:30 AM
its a fairly straight forward mod to wire in a resistor pack. if you are good with wiring you could do it in about 1.5 hours.
there are diagrams all over for it.
i would just start with some cheap DSM 450cc injectors. you won't run out of fuel at 8 psi of boost.

M&T Designs
04-25-2006, 01:31 AM
I'll have to find a diagram.

Thanks

seth98esT
04-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Also may as well go with a 2.5" tubular o2 housing, dont want to boost creep on a stock motor.

4-G-rim
04-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Does the Turbo XS BOV have a recirculating fitting? Some BOV don't have a recirculating accessory to add or you will have to fabricate one like I did for my Blitz. You will have to vent back into your intake if you want your car to run right.

M&T Designs
04-26-2006, 12:22 AM
I have it go into the intake before the MAS right? Why can't I just have it vent to atmosphere?

EDIT: I searched, and I guess if I don't the motor will run rich. Can't I just compensate for this with the SAFC?

Thanks for helping out everyone.

Galant98ES
04-26-2006, 12:27 AM
I have it go into the intake before the MAS right? Why can't I just have it vent to atmosphere?

EDIT: I searched, and I guess if I don't the motor will run rich? Can't I just compensate for this with the SAFC?

Thanks for helping out everyone.

You would need a gm maf and maft that the DSM guys use to vent.

M&T Designs
04-26-2006, 12:31 AM
I think I'll just have to fab up something for the Turbo XS BOV.

EDIT: I found one for recirculation.

Also, does anyone know of a good 3 inch downpipe that I can get? Should I just have one made?

Galant98ES
04-26-2006, 12:43 AM
You can get them on ebay for cheap.

seth98esT
04-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Get an eBay 2g GST downpipe. Most of them go from 2.5" at the next to 3" flexpipe back, perfect to mate up to a 2.5" tubular o2 housing. My downpipe was only $120 shipped and its great quality.

4-G-rim
04-26-2006, 10:43 AM
I am using a Megan Racing SS downpipe for 2g FWD's. Fits perfectly...just have to do minor fabrication for the exhaust mount points which a exhaust shop could do easily.

DOHCstunr
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I am using a Megan Racing SS downpipe for 2g FWD's. Fits perfectly...just have to do minor fabrication for the exhaust mount points which a exhaust shop could do easily.
mine required zero modification. bolted right up to my stock cat back and polyurethane hangers. lined up perfectly with my both of my tubular o2 housings..

mine was a tsudo downpipe. exactly the same as meagan i'm sure. nice thick polished mandrel bent stainless. beautiful welds.

M&T Designs
04-26-2006, 10:47 PM
So some of the ebay stuff isn't bad.

I am going with the evo 16g.

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=52& ('http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=52&')