PDA

View Full Version : Need help with springs!!!

tfarol
11-06-2002, 03:56 PM
This question might have been asked already several times on this forum, but i really need help. I have a 2002 Galant GTZ. I really want to drop it. I have had a honda my whole life and switching over to mitsubishi, i dont know what brands are good to go with. So if any can please help me by letting me know what brand of spring to go with. I would really appreciate it. Thanks............

HeadAche
11-06-2002, 04:05 PM
Well its good to hear about honda guyz switchin to Mitsu's, trust me ur betta off anywayz..lol.. But if ur lookin for a good set of springs to go with i would suggest Intrax, Eibach, Progress Tech, and Tein who has a set on the way.. But when u do drop ur car look into gettting a set of of good KYB shocks, and Koni inserts.. When u do drop ur car ur rear end will camber in about -1 degrees, but its not to bad, and the tire wear is normal.. hope this helps

pinoyesv6
11-06-2002, 04:07 PM
most lowering springs are pretty good. but from previous posts and such, all i have to say is stay away from weapon-r and arospeed coils. many complaints i've heard

Tiptronic
11-06-2002, 04:10 PM
i'll even go out on a limb and say the majority have eibach, but like Kemist said there are numerous brands out there. i would think that the more popular brands for honduh would be as popular for mitsubishi as well :?: i guess it depends on the kind of ride smoothness you want. as with all of them some give smoother rides than others. keep in mind, its definitely going to help if you change out the shocks at the same time

burthold
11-06-2002, 05:18 PM
Well, I have an 01' GTZ and did the areospeed coilovers and switched to progress springs. agressive drop nice look. One problem you may run into is mild shaking at WOT off the line. This is an unequal lenght drive shaft issue. It isn't that bad at all on my progress springs it was pretty bad with the areospeed coilovers but I was lower on them too.

Cheers,
Wes

tfarol
11-07-2002, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info guys! I was told to go with KYB shocks and i always thought since the GTZ's came with stiffer shocks already that i would be okay? But i guess im going to have to get some shocks also. Anyone know any good sites on the web where they have good prices on springs and shocks? LEt me know.. Thanks....

pinoyesv6
11-07-2002, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the info guys! I was told to go with KYB shocks and i always thought since the GTZ's came with stiffer shocks already that i would be okay? But i guess im going to have to get some shocks also. Anyone know any good sites on the web where they have good prices on springs and shocks? LEt me know.. Thanks....

tirerack.com
raodraceengineering.com
adventon.com

Ghost Beat
11-07-2002, 03:36 PM
i dunno if you HAVE to get agx's with just lowering springs i mean i would but i got them for the reason that i had coilovers so i needed thenm but the ride isint bad at all with lowering springs and stock shox and struts is it? its probably better than a ride with agx on ground controls like mine is

pinoyesv6
11-07-2002, 03:42 PM
i dunno if you HAVE to get agx's with just lowering springs i mean i would but i got them for the reason that i had coilovers so i needed thenm but the ride isint bad at all with lowering springs and stock shox and struts is it? its probably better than a ride with agx on ground controls like mine is

you don't have to get new shocks and struts but when lowering your car u add more stress to the shocks and struts thus causing them to fail prematurely...

HeadAche
11-07-2002, 09:20 PM
i changed my shocks and struts the day i got my lowering springs because i didnt want to worry about blowing the shock lata on, and i got a really good deal on it anywayz..

tfarol
11-09-2002, 01:56 AM
I found a really good price on springs on www.adventon.com I think i am going to go with the Intrax over the Eibachs. They are both the same price, but the intrax have a much lower drop compared to the Eibachs. Since both are the same price. Am i doing the smart thing and going with intrax. Because i know Eibach's reputation as a good spring and i dont know much about intrax. So my question is, hopefully my last question about springs is. SHould i go with the EIbachs or the INtrax??? LEt me know.. Thanks for all the info.....

tfarol
11-09-2002, 02:08 AM
Will 2001 springs work on a 2002 galant?? PLease let me know... Thanks!!

ChromeGalant
11-09-2002, 06:37 AM
Yes they will..

I have the Progress.. (only the fron installed)

They run $149 for a set at ASYLUMMS ('http://www.asylumms.com')