PDA

View Full Version : Vent problens...

Jasn1981
05-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I have a 2001 Galant, and my vent doesn't seem to work right. It always blows warm air. Not to the point that its hurting anything, but after about 20min of driving it's hot in there. I don't believe that it's because of the fan blowing because when I push the button to make it "re-circulate" the air it stops. Is it a outside vent being stuk open, and if so how can I check or fix it? Thanks

krispy03
05-03-2006, 10:28 PM
may be the freon, might need to have it recharged or refilled, wichever

Jasn1981
05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't think that's what it is. I got that charged about 8months ago. It's like there is a outside air vent open. I don't even know where it would be if there is one on the car at all.

RedGalant2k1
05-03-2006, 10:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasn1981)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 2001 Galant, and my vent doesn't seem to work right. It always blows warm air. Not to the point that its hurting anything, but after about 20min of driving it's hot in there. Â*I don't believe that it's because of the fan blowing because when I push the button to make it "re-circulate" the air it stops. Is it a outside vent being stuk open, and if so how can I check or fix it? Thanks</div>

What do you mean by "when I push the button to make it "re-circulate" the air it stops." Is the car then blowing cool air, or is it still warm?

Jasn1981
05-03-2006, 10:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasn1981)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have a 2001 Galant, and my vent doesn't seem to work right. It always blows warm air. Not to the point that its hurting anything, but after about 20min of driving it's hot in there. Â*I don't believe that it's because of the fan blowing because when I push the button to make it "re-circulate" the air it stops. Is it a outside vent being stuk open, and if so how can I check or fix it? Thanks</div>

What do you mean by "when I push the button to make it "re-circulate" the air it stops." Is the car then blowing cool air, or is it still warm?</div>

It stops blowing air all together. I was not very clear, but this is while the fan is turned off. I don't think there should be air streaming through the vents like that at all times, at least not enough to feel with your hand. Maybe I am just crazy though, and it's done this for the past 3 years that I have had the car! :?

RedGalant2k1
05-03-2006, 10:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasn1981)</div><div class='quotemain'>
It stops blowing air all together. I was not very clear, but this is while the fan is turned off. I don't think there should be air streaming through the vents like that at all times, at least not enough to feel with your hand. Maybe I am just crazy though, and it's done this for the past 3 years that I have had the car! Â*:?</div>

In my old 8G you could feel a light bit of air coming out of the vents when everything was off. I don't remember with recirc on, but sounds like you should start by recharging the A/C system.

Jasn1981
05-03-2006, 10:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>In my old 8G you could feel a light bit of air coming out of the vents when everything was off. Â*I don't remember with recirc on, but sounds like you should start by recharging the A/C system.</div>

Okay I feel like a dumb a.... this is sounding like a normal thing, I am going to go sit in my stupid corner...

THanks everyone.....

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

RedGalant2k1
05-03-2006, 11:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasn1981)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>In my old 8G you could feel a light bit of air coming out of the vents when everything was off. Â*I don't remember with recirc on, but sounds like you should start by recharging the A/C system.</div>

Okay I feel like a dumb a.... this is sounding like a normal thing, I am going to go sit in my stupid corner...

THanks everyone.....

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:</div>

No shame. When you said it gets hot? Do you mean warm, or really hot?

Jasn1981
05-03-2006, 11:05 PM
It gets pretty hot, from time to time I have to crack a window, and I did have the AC System done recently.

RedGalant2k1
05-03-2006, 11:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasn1981)</div><div class='quotemain'>It gets pretty hot, from time to time I have to crack a window, and I did have the AC System done recently.</div>

What was serviced, and how did it perform after the service?

Jasn1981
05-03-2006, 11:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
What was serviced, and how did it perform after the service?</div>

The AC Sysyem, I guess it was a re-charge. I am not sure that there was any change, it was a bit colder with the ac on though. I just noticed this though, It may have been like this for some time.

RedGalant2k1
05-03-2006, 11:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jasn1981)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
What was serviced, and how did it perform after the service?</div>

The AC Sysyem, I guess it was a re-charge. I am not sure that there was any change, it was a bit colder with the ac on though. I just noticed this though, It may have been like this for some time.</div>

Well if its been charged there is surely a leak. If you so desire you can have a shop that does A/C work reinspect it to see if they can find a leak. Most shops should use a colored dye that shows up under blacklight. If its a noticeable leak, or it was not to long ago they (or you if you feel so inclined) can find the source of the leak.

Can you remember how long after the A/C was charged it started blowing warm again?