PDA

View Full Version : SPONSER A 9G GALANT DYNO PULL!

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 04:01 PM
$50 for Three Pulls...

http://highoctane.hl2files.com/forums/show...hread.php?t=897 ('http://highoctane.hl2files.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897')

I'll have off that day due to prom, I'll chip in $25 if someone chips in $25 or a bunch of people chip in $5 just so we have a graph to go by, I would normally pay for this all my self but like I said Prom + switching jobs = no money...

I did my RX-7 with them (when it was N/A)...

Paypal = [email protected]

Will include video + graph (scanned) + pictures of the event!

seth98esT
05-04-2006, 04:05 PM
lol go donate some plasma. Is your 9g stock?

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Yep, I figure we can sit there and talk about hp/tq but we have no idea what it puts down to the wheels stock...

I don't like needles! Come on surely I'm not the only 9G'er who wants a graph!

Their website is http://www.dynopull.com/ ('http://www.dynopull.com/')

SilverDragonGTZ
05-04-2006, 04:15 PM
so you think if your 9g puts down say 181hp at the wheels, than every 9g on the board is gonna have the exact same hp at the wheels... :?:

man, just pony up and pay the cash

seth98esT
05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Selling some sperm doesnt require needles https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Looks like its time to take a trip to the pawn shop https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 04:39 PM
so you think if your 9g puts down say 181hp at the wheels, than every 9g on the board is gonna have the exact same hp at the wheels... :?:

No it'll be DAMN CLOSE though, I've been doing this for a long time I know how it works thank you very much - you know, only Supercharging cars, etc...I'm dumb I didn't realize every motor will be different.

And as for the cash, if you would read, I'm in the middle of my gf's prom and a job switch, ie I barely have any money atm...

Rising_Suns
05-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech,
Where is this dyno located, and what kind of dyno is it?

Also, I'm pretty sure there is already a dyno graph floating around of a stock 9G...not sure how accurate it is though, but I'll see if I can dig it up.

-Davide

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech,
Where is this dyno located, and what kind of dyno is it?

Also, I'm pretty sure there is already a dyno graph floating around of a stock 9G...not sure how accurate it is though, but I'll see if I can dig it up.

-Davide

Dug and Dug and Dug found nothing...and this one is a Dynojet 248, VERY accurate...

Shreveport, LA - right down the street from where I live (about a mile) we always dyno at the same local

Rising_Suns
05-04-2006, 07:13 PM

You assume too much.

Rising_Suns
05-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Dug and Dug and Dug found nothing...and this one is a Dynojet 248, VERY accurate...

Shreveport, LA - right down the street from where I live (about a mile) we always dyno at the same local

Cool, yeah dynojets are your friend. Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the country (CT), so I won't be able to make it. But I know there's a dyno in NY, if I ever wanted to run my 9G.

You should save up though and run yours stock, just to see what your base numbers are. I'm thinking I may do one after an intake/exhaust, although I'm not really looking for big numbers on this car. I sort of went through my "addiction to power phase" with my GS-T and M3.,...but a little more power wouldn't hurt. :wink:

-Davide

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 07:32 PM
This is a mobile dyno, it's not like I can get up and go every day to the dyno - that's why I was asking to be sponsered so to speak...lol if you guys don't want it, your lose not mine.

Rising_Suns
05-04-2006, 07:55 PM
This is a mobile dyno, it's not like I can get up and go every day to the dyno - that's why I was asking to be sponsered so to speak...lol if you guys don't want it, your lose not mine.

Eh, why not. I'll throw down $20 for your dyno.

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Alright, paypal is [email protected], I'll throw down $30...lol

Rising_Suns
05-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Alright, paypal is [email protected], I'll throw down $30...lol

You got it.

Now drive over the border so you can pump up on 93 octane. lol.

-Davide

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 08:45 PM
lol, we've got 93 here - just have to find it!

Anyone else care to chip in?

seth98esT
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Is this the only dyno in Louisianna? Theres 5 dynos within 1hr of me over here in VA...

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 09:00 PM
In North, LA - everything else is a 5-6 hour drive...

seth98esT
05-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Ah that sucks. Just pimp yourself out for a night, your girlfriend will understand.

Tech_Greek
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Ah that sucks. Just pimp yourself out for a night, your girlfriend will understand.

He sent the $20, I guess I'll pony up the other $30...seems like I'm going to be doing a LOT of custom work to this car as everyone else is taking too long...Twin Turbo/Turbo might be in the works soon...its not like engine bay is a issue

quicksilver22
05-05-2006, 12:24 AM

there's a Dyno in Gulfport, MS (atleat there was before Katrina), i'll have to call my friend tomorrow and ask,

Tech_Greek
05-05-2006, 02:11 AM

there's a Dyno in Gulfport, MS (atleat there was before Katrina), i'll have to call my friend tomorrow and ask,

lol, I live in the Northwest Louisiana, Mississippi is too far, there's no dyno within three hours of here except this one.

Tech_Greek
05-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Well crap, it rained last night so apparently they decided NOT to dyno due to the fact it was wet, and DARK clouds out... :'(

Refund sent...

seth98esT
05-06-2006, 12:52 PM

He sent the $20, I guess I'll pony up the other $30...seems like I'm going to be doing a LOT of custom work to this car as everyone else is taking too long...Twin Turbo/Turbo might be in the works soon...its not like engine bay is a issue
Single turbo > Twin turbo. More cost efficient, easier to setup. Only way a twin turbo setup would be better is if it is sequential, which takes a rocket scientist to setup and install.

quicksilver22
05-06-2006, 02:47 PM
oh ya, didn't see that it said SHREVEPORT, lol

Rising_Suns
05-08-2006, 12:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Single turbo > Twin turbo. Â*More cost efficient, easier to setup. Â*Only way a twin turbo setup would be better is if it is sequential, which takes a rocket scientist to setup and install.</div>

I agree that a single turbo is the way to go. It's not going to take much to get big numbers in this car anyway. A small/medium sized turbo like a 14b/16G on a moddest boost (I would think about 6~10psi, depending on knock count) should put him over the 300HP mark with no problem, assuming all his supporting mods are done properly.

Tech_Greek
05-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I probbaly will end up doing a single, the twin turbo would have been sequ...but would have needed a stand alone ECU and that I don't want in this car...too much work.

I'm buying a wide band in the next week or two, then fuel pump, AFPR, etc...

seth98esT
05-08-2006, 02:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rising_Suns)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Single turbo > Twin turbo. Â*More cost efficient, easier to setup. Â*Only way a twin turbo setup would be better is if it is sequential, which takes a rocket scientist to setup and install.</div>

I agree that a single turbo is the way to go. It's not going to take much to get big numbers in this car anyway. A small/medium sized turbo like a 14b/16G on a moddest boost (I would think about 6~10psi, depending on knock count) should put him over the 300HP mark with no problem, assuming all his supporting mods are done properly.</div>
With a v6 those turbos wouldnt be as efficient as a larger turbo. A 14b or 16g would be a good turbo for a 4cylinder, but for a v6 something more along the lines of an 18g or 20g would be better suited.

Running the same boost levels 8-10psi on a stock 4cyl vs v6, v6 will always put out more air.

Rising_Suns
05-08-2006, 06:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>With a v6 those turbos wouldnt be as efficient as a larger turbo. Â*A 14b or 16g would be a good turbo for a 4cylinder, but for a v6 something more along the lines of an 18g or 20g would be better suited.

Running the same boost levels 8-10psi on a stock 4cyl vs v6, v6 will always put out more air.</div>

My concern is about the 10:1 compression ratio (or, using a medium turbo at near max effeciency rather than lagging and boost creeping on a large one), but you do make a valid point about matching the turbo to the displacement. And, I suppose the potential BC would be handled through an external wastegate.....I've never turbo'd a V6 before, so I'm probably not the best source of info on a V6 job.

-Davide

Tech_Greek
05-08-2006, 07:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rising_Suns)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>With a v6 those turbos wouldnt be as efficient as a larger turbo. Â*A 14b or 16g would be a good turbo for a 4cylinder, but for a v6 something more along the lines of an 18g or 20g would be better suited.

Running the same boost levels 8-10psi on a stock 4cyl vs v6, v6 will always put out more air.</div>

My concern is about the 10:1 compression ratio (or, using a small/medium turbo at near max effeciency rather than lagging and boost creeping on a large one), but you do make a valid point about matching the turbo to the displacement. I've never turbo'd a V6 before, so I'm probably not the best source of info on a V6 job.

-Davide</div>

If you can turbo a Rotary with 9:1 / 10:1 ratio with insane amounts of boost on a piston motor it should be fine.

Yes, this will be my first V6 turbo project as well...I need to find someone to make the exhaust/turbo manifolds for the motor - if I can get that done first and just make an adaptor to run the downpipe until I get the rest finished that would accomplish a LOT!

seth98esT
05-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Well yah the best way to select the best turbo for your setup is to start doing some math and looking at some compressor maps. I did a lot of calculations in a thread in the turbo forum for 8-10psi on a 4clyinder and a 14b or any 16g is a good match. Anything smaller and the motor is going to be too much for it.

I havent done any calculations on a v6 so an evo3 16g may be a good match for low boost so Im not too sure.

Rising_Suns
05-08-2006, 07:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you can turbo a Rotary with 9:1 / 10:1 ratio with insane amounts of boost on a piston motor it should be fine.

Yes, this will be my first V6 turbo project as well...I need to find someone to make the exhaust/turbo manifolds for the motor - if I can get that done first and just make an adaptor to run the downpipe until I get the rest finished that would accomplish a LOT!</div>

I would be very catious though about making the leap from rotary to linear compression piston. As I understand the mechanics of rotary's from my old college IC Engine class, the consequence and potential of premature combustion is much greater in the latter than the former.

Tech_Greek
05-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Exactly, I'm MUCH more cautious on any engine now after loosing compression on the rear rotor when my fuel pump went DEAD at 8 psi of supercharger boost...goes to show you I will NOT be buying used in the departments that count - so much money is going to go into this it's just stupid.

Rotary Engines and Piston Engines compression wise are not much different, except for the fact Boosted Rotarys last less longer.

And it's not like I've been on rotary motors all my life, I've done a few piston projects...

seth98esT
05-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Running boost on a higher compression motor isnt impossible at all. Just the higher you set the boost, the more you want to make sure your tune is dead on as if you have detonation from running too lean it can be all over. But even if you get a immaculate tune across the RPM band, things are going to break eventually when running on stock internals.

Tech_Greek
05-08-2006, 08:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Running boost on a higher compression motor isnt impossible at all. Â*Just the higher you set the boost, the more you want to make sure your tune is dead on as if you have detonation from running too lean it can be all over. Â*But even if you get a immaculate tune across the RPM band, things are going to break eventually when running on stock internals.</div>

Yeah, I'm not planning on running high boost, low boost for now until I save up enough for a full out forged bottom end...does anyone even make any forged pistons/rods for our cars?

Tech_Greek
05-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Quick Question:

Will the Evo8 turbo work on our motor's efficiency wise?

http://www.kutsujuracing.com/forum/showthr...ead.php?t=45309 ('http://www.kutsujuracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45309')

"16G Flange - 20G Upgraded Internals"

- $400 barely used

04_GTS_Galant
01-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I wonder if some of this would help with some extra hp?

Could our ECU's 'learn' to use this gas or is it too high of an octane to be used effectively?

http://www.torco.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=163

2k2mitsu
01-21-2007, 05:59 PM
oh boy...what a mistake.....about a yr or so ago, i had a post like this as a joke to make fun of another newb who asked for a sponsor or donations....big mistake even as a joke....save the loot...cause you are wasting your time here and are gonna recieve more criticism than help.......lmao

Khobin
04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
So did you ever get the dyno done??... :wink:

Fishboy55
04-14-2007, 08:53 AM

No it'll be DAMN CLOSE though, I've been doing this for a long time I know how it works thank you very much - you know, only Supercharging cars, etc...I'm dumb I didn't realize every motor will be different.

And as for the cash, if you would read, I'm in the middle of my gf's prom and a job switch, ie I barely have any money atm...

Wasn't it you that was gonna add a nitrous fogger direct port injection system about a year agao? And wasn't it you that posted all those videos about your street races on the BestBuy parking lot? And didnt you go to the track and pull a 15? And after all of the stuff you were gonna do to your car in post after post you're still stock? And now you're begging for money so you can get a baseline?? WTF What happened to all your mods

Tech_Greek
05-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Wasn't it you that was gonna add a nitrous fogger direct port injection system about a year agao? And wasn't it you that posted all those videos about your street races on the BestBuy parking lot?

No, I never street raced in my Galant in the Best Buy Parking Lot...lots of other places, which I've all won, which are all on video.

I was planning on a direct port, but decided against it as the shot would be too big and I'm not sure about the pistons handling it [according to RPW, the pistons are weak like the 6G72 Series]

And didnt you go to the track and pull a 15?

No, I ran a 14.6, stock

And after all of the stuff you were gonna do to your car in post after post you're still stock? And now you're begging for money so you can get a baseline?? WTF What happened to all your mods

No, I'm not even close to stock anymore, I've got the money for a dyno, at the time I just bought the car and put down a huge down payment for it and figured with the chance locally other people would care.

And this thread is OLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDD...nice searching

Khobin
05-16-2007, 12:08 AM
And didnt you go to the track and pull a 15?

No, I ran a 14.6, stock

Sorry to say man, but removing the mufflers and adding a CAI makes your car NOT stock... :D

Granted it's not heavily modded or anything, and according to your old post you didn't have the CAI at the time, just a drop-in K&N, but still that means you're "stock" 9G was still slighty modded...

Depending on the how restrictive the muffler is I'd say you probably had about 12-20 hp over what it was stock.

Sorry, but it just bugs me how you always claim "I ran 14.6 in my 9G STOCK", and yet it wasn't truely stock. :wink:

Tech_Greek
05-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Muffler and K&N werent in at the time of 14.6

I did a (I've made multiple 14.6 passes) 14.6, with the stock air filter and Muffler on as well, it doesnt make a difference...the tires are my limit at the moment...my mph goes up but my 60 foot goes up as well.

Khobin
05-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Muffler and K&N werent in at the time of 14.6

I did a (I've made multiple 14.6 passes) 14.6, with the stock air filter and Muffler on as well, it doesnt make a difference...the tires are my limit at the moment...my mph goes up but my 60 foot goes up as well.

Oh really?...well I guess I can't read right then :? Because there's 1 thread here where you say that "stock" you ran 14.9....
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=53266

and then there's a thread on GF where you said:

Only modifications were K&N Box Filter, and I took off my muffler (sending it off to have one made off of it).

So...I win!

Oh, and the thread topic is "New Best: 14.7@93 MPH" :wink:
http://www.galantforums.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2067&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Sorry, not trying to hate on you, you've ran good times, but there's no need to mis-represent yourself, and try to make it look like you can run your car sooo good that mods do nothing :roll:

krazienluv10
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
yea i rememeber you running low 15... but on the bottom of the slip their was a section at sea level and it said 14.9... soo it makes sense i guess... and these were stock numbers from a previous post on tgc. i dont doubt you, im pretty sure the g can pull 14.7 with a intake and no muff @ sea level that is...

Tech_Greek
05-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Indeed, we're a little bit above sea level, but no where near where most people are alt wise which does help in n/a applications some [but not as much as you might think, higher alt is better for boost]

As far as the rest goes, I've run my car time after time, my car went from running 15.3's from another guy driving it for me, to me hoping in the next time and barely pulling off a 14.9 before I left, then I ran my 14.7, then my 14.6's the first time around stock, then I took the muffler off at the track and the filter, and ran a 14.6 the same day.

I put my Fujita CAI and went back and ran a 14.9, my TCL light is on and off randomly which leads me to believe the CAI is causing problems with performance [which I wouldn't doubt at this point] thus the reason for the BRAT box...

We'll see if it makes a difference or not soon...

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&image_id=85

Fishboy55
05-21-2007, 05:53 AM
I put my Fujita CAI and went back and ran a 14.9, my TCL light is on and off randomly which leads me to believe the CAI is causing problems with performance [which I wouldn't doubt at this point] thus the reason for the BRAT box...

CAI....Causing problems with TCL........ :shock: Maybe the additional airflow is causing one wheel to turn faster than the other... Must be the intake causing it....couldn't possibly be the burnouts and full stalls you're alledgedly doing at the track. :roll: :roll: :D

Tech_Greek
05-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Or it could be that the TCL light coupled with the Service Engine Light are coupled with the computer throwing codes in the 9g smart ass...whoops, guess you shouldn't talk about what you don't know?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5bb6eff9-b7c5-4c4d-a585-99320151b3b3.htm

You can see it stalling out...I don't burn out, I spin the tires for a brief second

You can also see at about 54 seconds when I stall it out, my girlfriend hits the seat because I launched it...

And the first launch I did in that video, check out my dash, do you see it go from Neutral to D, no it stays in Drive...

BUT HEY, what do I know? I've only been doing this 10 years... :roll:

Khobin
05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Or it could be that the TCL light coupled with the Service Engine Light are coupled with the computer throwing codes in the 9g smart ass...whoops, guess you shouldn't talk about what you don't know?

You never said anything about the service engine light flicking on and off, just the TCL light, which shouldn't be affected by an engine mod, unless you're constantly spinning the tires causing it to go on. :wink:

So since putting you're BRAT are you still getting the flickering TCL light?

krazienluv10
05-22-2007, 11:50 PM
interesting yea did the brat stop the light??? nice vid tech

Tech_Greek
05-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Well, the way the newer mitsu's work (which is kind of weird imho) is the TCL light and SES light can mean different things.

I.E. - When I'm at the drag strip, and I lift the ebrake to get some traction over the rear while I spin the tires for my brief second, the TCL light will illuminate, ABS, SRS, and they wont go off until I turn the car off for a moment then restart it (and by the way TC is OFF when it does this).

When my TCL came on it was on very briefly [and I was sitting in my driveway], as soon as I made it out the neighborhood it stopped right before I even got to AutoZone and it pulled an intake related code, I dont have it in front of my anymore, it had to due with bank too rich I believe].

When my TCL, SES came on AGAIN wayyy later on after the BRAT it happened due to the misfire that the knock sensor THOUGHT was a misfire and pulled timing, in reality it was the motor touching the mount and chasis, knock sensor picked it up, cleared out and it hasnt come back.

NO SES, nor TCL lights in the past month, the BRAT defintley worked, and you can DEFINTLEY feel the power, friends that I've raced before it, I barely won, now I murder them on top end (where as before, it kind of fell on it's face pre-brat).

If anyone wants the Galant connector diagram, let me know...

Thanks Kraz...

krazienluv10
05-23-2007, 08:00 PM
is the diagram the one u posted on 4g?? i saved that one... unless its different..? im still waiting on it for at least a couple more reviews... ur like the first one even before most of the 4g's...

Tech_Greek
05-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Just make sure and follow pin numbers on the diagram that I'm going to post later tonight/tomorrow as the connector pins from the eclipses are different (backwards to be exact).

Other than that, yes I was...there's those who pave the way, and those who follow ;)

Tech_Greek
05-28-2007, 10:10 PM
is the diagram the one u posted on 4g?? i saved that one... unless its different..? im still waiting on it for at least a couple more reviews... ur like the first one even before most of the 4g's...

http://www.club9g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

I just made a how-to...however there's no pictures up besides the wiring diagram.