PDA

View Full Version : Weird weird weird problem..

Doug-Carolina
11-06-2002, 08:06 PM
Alright, I wasn't quite sure which section of the forum I should stick this under, but the audio area didn't seem fit.

Alright, onwards with the prob, I have 2 12'' JL subs in my trunk, and when they hit, the light INSIDE my spoiler vibrates like theres no freaking tomorow. Its horrendous, its such a bad noise, I can't even describe it.

Now, when I went to have the place that installed my audio system check it out, they said it wasn't their problem, which in reality it wasn't. But when he was looking at the spoiler, he said the plastic peice covering the light is GLUED on. Me being the dumbass that I am, I nodded my head and said "ok".

I brought it home to have my dad take a look at it, and he said that its not glued, just more-so snaped on. Is this true? and if it is, which would be the safest way to take it off without scratching anything, or cracking anything.

-doug in carolina ;p

pinoyesv6
11-06-2002, 08:30 PM
how about putting some dynamat or something inside of the trunk so the trunk doesn't really vibrate?

Doug-Carolina
11-06-2002, 08:43 PM
Already done, didn't fix the problem.

TJC
11-06-2002, 08:45 PM
Pinoy is right, only thing you can do is dampen the sound waves that are vibrating the trunk lid which is where your tail and light assembly is. You might also try to open the trunk thru pass in the back seat so some of the waves from the speakers can come out instead of flexing and vibrating the weakest panels in the trunk (namely the back seat and trunk lid).

Fishboy55
11-07-2002, 06:27 AM
Also keep in mind that the spoiler light is an LED bar. Constant vibration is going to affect it adversly. Those LED's don't like to be knocked around. I blew the one on my Mazda the same way. The one for the Galant is like $400 to replace, so you may want to keep the volume down until you find a solution.

Chip

BlueESV6
11-07-2002, 02:49 PM
Just a wild guess but one solution may be to use clear silcone caulking to hold the light in there... it will hold it in there, it's waterproof and may dampen the shock of vibration a little bit.

just a thought... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Doug-Carolina
11-07-2002, 04:58 PM
I tried taking the light peice off, and its pretty tight in there. Bah this sucks heh.