PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel

jiul
05-16-2006, 07:51 AM
My front wheels point straight ahead but the steering wheel isn't pointing forward. Its a couple of inches to the right. How do I fix this?

seth98esT
05-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Have a shop do an alignment.

Shadow19
05-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Have a shop do an alignment.

X2... By the way hows that valve cover comming along for ya???

SuperGALANT
05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
or pull ur steering wheel and put it back on straight...

bronxbombr
05-16-2006, 11:29 AM

Actually I think paying the 45 bux to do the alignment would be cheaper and easier than pulling the whole wheel off.

jiul
05-16-2006, 12:19 PM

Actually I think paying the 45 bux to do the alignment would be cheaper and easier than pulling the whole wheel off.

I'll do the alignment when I put on new rims, and struts, and see what happens but I think that I may have to pull the sterring wheel also
Thanks

98ACR
05-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Yes, an alignment will fix that easily. I do probably 5 a day. DO NOT remove your steering wheel. Please, it makes it really hard to ever get things straight again. Oh, and make life easy on the align tech, do the alignment BEFORE you put your new wheels on the car. It's 1000X easier to do an alignment on steel wheels than aftermarket ones (it's also good for you since the alignment will be more accurate if the heads are on good and tight)

SuperGALANT
05-19-2006, 08:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>or pull ur steering wheel and put it back on straight...</div>

Actually I think paying the 45 bux to do the alignment would be cheaper and easier than pulling the whole wheel off.</div>

i have a puller, takes me all of 15 minutes to pull straighten and put back on.. might also need an alignment if its off from wheel to wheel

jiul
05-19-2006, 04:55 PM
[quote="98ACR"]Yes, an alignment will fix that easily. I do probably 5 a day. DO NOT remove your steering wheel. Please, it makes it really hard to ever get things straight again. Oh, and make life easy on the align tech, do the alignment BEFORE you put your new wheels on the car

OK will do, by the way your shop is not in NJ is it? LOL

98ACR
05-19-2006, 10:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>

OK will do, by the way your shop is Â*not in NJ is it? LOL</div>

Yes, actually it is. I work for Pep Boys.

jiul
05-20-2006, 08:49 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Yes, actually it is. I work for Pep Boys.</div>

No sh*t which one?

98ACR
05-20-2006, 07:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>

No sh*t which one?</div>

I was being a smart a$$. I live in Georgia. And as of today I don't turn wrenches anymore. I'm a service manager now. I just couldn't pass up the near doubling of pay.

jiul
05-20-2006, 10:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'>

No sh*t which one?</div>

I was being a smart a$$. I live in Georgia. And as of today I don't turn wrenches anymore. I'm a service manager now. I just couldn't pass up the near doubling of pay.</div>

Ha ha well good for you I had a feeling you were a bit soft for NJ
just kidding