PDA

View Full Version : bodykit

mar080520
05-19-2006, 11:03 PM
just wanted to know what is an estimated cost for bodykit install and painting. Oh yeah was stupid and bought the kit from ebay

Calipso
05-19-2006, 11:24 PM
Great first post, so much for introducing yourself. :roll:

The Godfather
05-19-2006, 11:25 PM
im not a fan of this but i do know that theres pry PLENTY of info if you use the SEARCH tool but hey

welcome

quicksilver22
05-19-2006, 11:41 PM
usually about about 200 dollars. Wal-Mart does great installs. you should check them out.

post an intro first.

newb officially pwn3d.

ericbla03
05-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Ouch.... a little harsh guys

quicksilver22
05-19-2006, 11:56 PM
lol it depends on the area, whether it is a USDM or JDM kit, type of paint, place getting it painted, quality of job, any molding and fabricating to be done in order to fit.

chances are, around 12-1800 depending on the area you're in and the paint job, etc...

start calling local shops and stuff and ask around

zobgel
05-20-2006, 03:22 AM
just do what i did 2 weeks ago! i hit somebody's car so my front bumper are totaly busted and the insurance send me a check to fix my car now the shop installing the kit and paint it for me with no cost. LOL

im just kidding actually its accident https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

ok let make it serious...
the kit will cost u around $600 bellow and just for the paint will cost u $500 to $400 and u can install it by ur self
if u want them to paint it and install it will cost u around $800 to $700 its depend on the shop u goin and the work on ur car like molding and etc...

-GUD LUcK-

atish25
05-21-2006, 01:53 PM
yeah i have a mexican in alaska that will do it with duct tape for a case of beer. But you have to pay to ship him to where you live and let him live in your garage till he becomes a citizen.

just check around call body shops and get estimates in your area once you have the kit. spend the time looking around instead of posting to ask questions to get answers from people who may or may not know what they are talking about. just my .02

Reelax
05-21-2006, 02:09 PM
$3000.00

chbuzz
05-31-2006, 10:01 PM
$3000.00+1
subtract some if you get brave and do some of the install/prep yourself.

raw0055
05-31-2006, 10:12 PM
usually about about 200 dollars. Wal-Mart does great installs. you should check them out.

post an intro first.

newb officially pwn3d.

You know We try to make this community as big and as helpful as possible. But with post like this it is not helping,all it is going to do is turn people away. I know it is easy to search,but if you are new to forums all you want is get some answers.

AVERAGE
05-31-2006, 10:23 PM
yeah i have a mexican in alaska that will do it with duct tape for a case of beer. But you have to pay to ship him to where you live and let him live in your garage till he becomes a citizen.

There was no need for this post. :twisted: :roll:

quicksilver22
05-31-2006, 11:59 PM

post an intro first.

newb officially pwn3d.

You know We try to make this community as big and as helpful as possible. But with post like this it is not helping,all it is going to do is turn people away. I know it is easy to search,but if you are new to forums all you want is get some answers.

it was all in good fun. I believe i ended up sending him a PM tellin' him i was jokin' around about it. so hopefully he got it before decided to leave. I mean hell, gotta get after some newbs sometimes!!! its not like I constantly rip on 'em... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Calipso
06-01-2006, 12:19 AM

post an intro first.

newb officially pwn3d.

Good, let them leave if they can't bother to use the search.

mapid145
06-01-2006, 12:23 AM
then how will TGC become a bigger/better community... get it bigger then work on getting it better..lol ahh well at least he didnt ask something even worse..

Reelax
06-01-2006, 03:05 AM
guys take it easy w/ jumping on the newbs to search... answer them first, then direct them to search for more info in the future. u guys aren't even OG's and ur yelling at newbs; imagine if some of us senior members jumped on u for some of the "silly" questions u asked in your first few posts.

thebirdman13
06-01-2006, 03:33 AM
guys take it easy w/ jumping on the newbs to search... answer them first, then direct them to search for more info in the future. u guys aren't even OG's and ur yelling at newbs; imagine if some of us senior members jumped on u for some of the "silly" questions u asked in your first few posts.

ditto... and not only that, he said he already bought a kit from ebay, so... that means that most of you didn't even read the post correctly... best bet would be to call around and get estimates from local shops... with an ebay kit you may or may not have problems... IPAINTU is the man from Maaco, ask him for assistance, i'm sure he could estimate pretty well

Calipso
06-01-2006, 10:41 AM

I dunno if you're talking about me but I've been here since May 2002 before the 2nd board shut down.

furiousgtz
06-01-2006, 10:48 AM
u guys scared the guy off. i dont think he will come back.

Reelax
06-01-2006, 11:44 AM

I dunno if you're talking about me but I've been here since May 2002 before the 2nd board shut down.

may 2002? so? i was the first person to drop the 8G w/ aftermarket springs, clear USDM corners, install JDM tails, in north america, and that was back in 1999. i was one of 6 galants at TGC's first ever meet at RRE in 2001. not to mention i've prototyped at least 5 projects for our cars that later went into production since then. i was also a member of the original yahoo board. i'm not specificaly talking to YOU, but i am talking to all you guys that yell at the newbs for asking "silly" questions... because to some of us, you guys are newbs; should we stop answering you too and tell you to search? b a litlte more humble and share what you know and others will share what they know, that's what keeps this place going.

AVERAGE
06-01-2006, 02:16 PM

may 2002? so? i was the first person to drop the 8G w/ aftermarket springs, clear USDM corners, install JDM tails, in north america, and that was back in 1999. i was one of 6 galants at TGC's first ever meet at RRE in 2001. not to mention i've prototyped at least 5 projects for our cars that later went into production since then. i was also a member of the original yahoo board. i'm not specificaly talking to YOU, but i am talking to all you guys that yell at the newbs for asking "silly" questions... because to some of us, you guys are newbs; should we stop answering you too and tell you to search? b a litlte more humble and share what you know and others will share what they know, that's what keeps this place going.Hear, Hear. I wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms either but whatever. With the limited knowledge that I have about the 8G, I still try to help before I ripp them a new one. As I ve said before, is this a honda forum or what? 8) https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

little blue
06-02-2006, 07:22 AM
how about this as a rule, don't post anything in a topic related to body kits if you haven't put on your car. because you have no idea of what goes into getting it put on.

just my .02

Reelax
06-02-2006, 11:52 AM
how about this as a rule, don't post anything in a topic related to body kits if you haven't put on your car. because you have no idea of what goes into getting it put on.

just my .02

i somewhat agree... all i ask is that if you post a response to a question, try your best to give the CORRECT information (which means if you don't know what you are talking about, don't answer!). there are too many posts on this board where people give the absolute wrong info; and the wrong info is way more damaging than not answering at all!

Prophet
06-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Not to go way off topic here but I will tell you guys something. Being the owner of www.galantforums.com you guys don't know how many pm's and emails I get from my newbies who leave here because of the treatment they get when they ask a simple question. I have a very strict policy about flaming newbies and they apperciate it.

It takes more key strokes to tell the newbie to do a search then it took reelax to say $3,000.00.

IMO you want to continue to grow TGC stop flaming the new guy because being an OG myself I have seen newbies do great things. Just take Cali, Stewie, and VegaMatt. At one time these guys where newbies to us and now look at them. This board maybe losing good members later down the line because we couldn't help ourselves and flame him or her....

lol... I was doing a search the other day for some info and ran into a post from Matt where he was asking what the stock hp numbers where for the 6g72.

My $0.02

furiousgtz
06-02-2006, 01:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not to go way off topic here but I will tell you guys something. Â*Being the owner of www.galantforums.com you guys don't know how many pm's and emails I get from my newbies who leave here because of the treatment they get when they ask a simple question. Â*I have a very strict policy about flaming newbies and they apperciate it.

It takes more key strokes to tell the newbie to do a search then it took reelax to say $3,000.00.

IMO you want to continue to grow TGC stop flaming the new guy because being an OG myself I have seen newbies do great things. Â*Just take Cali, Stewie, and VegaMatt. Â*At one time these guys where newbies to us and now look at them. Â*This board maybe losing good members later down the line because we couldn't help ourselves and flame him or her....

lol... I was doing a search the other day for some info and ran into a post from Matt where he was asking what the stock hp numbers where for the 6g72.

My $0.02</div>

i like that! u can call me noob anyday i m still learning :wink: and still ask questions.