PDA

View Full Version : Radio problems

asalem97
11-07-2002, 04:29 PM
Well last week I got into a little accident, a women hit me denting pass. side fender, cracking the healight and scratching the bumper. Ever since my radio just wont work right. It turns on and off constantly, and usually doesn't go on at all unless I give it a knock on the side. Randomly it will stay on for a while but never lasts that long. I took out the radio to look for anything loose but I dont see anything visibly loose and Ive tried shakin up the wires to see which is causin it but I doesn't work. Anyone know what this could be.
P.S. Could it be a fuse? I did get hit on the side of my battery and fuse box.

Tazz2000
11-07-2002, 04:33 PM
That's what I was going to say. Could be a wire over in that direction, but if it was a fuse, it would go out and stay out till you replaced it. If it's her fault, make her pay for a rental till your shit get's fixed. And make sure you note that in the report.

TJC
11-07-2002, 04:36 PM
Lots of the wiring are routed behind (inside) the fenders. The accident might have severed or damaged the strands in the wires or it could be shorting too. I'd take out the wheel and wheel well covers to get a closer inspection on the situation.

QnzMostWanted
11-08-2002, 08:59 AM
yeah and also, the main radio fuse is in the engine compartment on the battery side as well, maybe the wires to the fuse themselves are shorting out

Nick VR4
11-08-2002, 09:01 AM
or a dislodged fuse ?

asalem97
11-08-2002, 12:11 PM
so if its a wire to the fuse box how would I go about fixin it. I'm really trying to take care of this quickly cause its gettin pretty bad drivin with no radio.

pinoyesv6
11-10-2002, 03:41 PM
permanent solution, get the lady that hit u to get it fixed. temporary solution. redo the power wires for the radio til u can get it fixed right

asalem97
11-10-2002, 05:49 PM
see the thing is their is power coming into it cuz the little power button is lit up but it wont go on. It goes on randomly and goes back off

IllestGalant
11-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Does the power go in and out or is it constant, if you want, i can email you a copy of the schematic.

asalem97
11-27-2002, 10:11 AM
I really dont know what you mean by in and out but the schematic might be a help. If you could email it to me it would be really great.
Email: [email protected]