PDA

View Full Version : Speakers

XxGiRLaNT06xX
05-28-2006, 01:53 PM
About 3 weeks ago it rained and on my way to work, the speakers made a pop sound and didnt play anything... the cd player and radio was working but no sound was coming out. Later that day the speakers came back on. A week later it rained again and this time the speakers had a sort of feedback / static coming out of the right speaker and then quickly went to all 6 of them.. when i left work that day they turned back on but then shut off completely. no sound coming out of them at all. When i was parking my car.. they turned back on in reverse only... lol anyone else had this prob when it rains? also, like 2 weeks before my radio problem, my service engine light popped on after a weekend of rain. my car has like 1500 miles on it. its not even 6 months old yet.

Calipso
05-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Sounds like a possible loose wire, or maybe the wiring is some how not getting power when you listed the problems. If your car is still under warranty, bring it to the dealership. They should be able to fix it and not cost you a penny.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
05-28-2006, 05:05 PM
yea ive made an appointment to go and check it out. This car has been nothing but problems. Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pvu_rida
05-28-2006, 05:13 PM
u gotta luv warranties for these problems

cntrylvr79
05-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Common thing in newer mitsubishis. The speaker gets wet and the radio/amp sees that as a short. The amp shuts down to protect itself hence the no sound. Best bet is to get baffles and put them on the door speakers.

Tech_Greek
05-28-2006, 10:54 PM
I personally haven't had this problem, but it has to do with water getting in your door panels, like he said, baffles...

XxGiRLaNT06xX
05-29-2006, 08:02 AM
that makes sense lol. thanks alot.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
06-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Ok I havent had a chance to get my car to the dealer to check this prob out .. but this morning on my way to work my speakers were acting up again (its raining so i expected this) so i kept the radio off but there was still popping and static coming out of the speakers... even AFTER the car was shut off. why would there be noise coming out of my speakers if the car is off?

Tech_Greek
06-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Unless the amp is fried, they shouldn't be keeping on...

SinSere
06-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Shoot, I'd get that thing in asap before you do any more damage. The popping when it rains makes sense, this does not...there should be no power obviously when the car is off. Get it to the shop and get it worked out. I wish I still had the option to have things warranty covered.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
06-07-2006, 02:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SinSere)</div><div class='quotemain'>Shoot, I'd get that thing in asap before you do any more damage. The popping when it rains makes sense, this does not...there should be no power obviously when the car is off. Get it to the shop and get it worked out. I wish I still had the option to have things warranty covered.</div>

I made an appointment for tomorrow morning. I wanted to make sure i could get an appt when it was raining so they can figure it out. This was the first time it did it without the car being on. Very unusual. Thanks for the feedback guys. :wink:

XxGiRLaNT06xX
06-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Ok brought the G to the dealer yesterday... they have it all day to tell me that the amp is bad.. they order a new one and will call me to bring it back for installation... but if it was a bad amplifier... why would it only mess up in the rain and not all the time? the people who work in this service center dont know anything!

Tech_Greek
06-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Ok brought the G to the dealer yesterday... they have it all day to tell me that the amp is bad.. they order a new one and will call me to bring it back for installation... but if it was a bad amplifier... why would it only mess up in the rain and not all the time? the people who work in this service center dont know anything!

They are following a work flow chart, which more than likely all your problems point towards your amp...if that doesn't fix they go to the next step.

SinSere
06-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Bad amp would explain it too actually. The rain thing might just be a coincidence or rain initially shorted out the amp and made it bad. You'll have to wait and see after you get the new one put in. At least it'll be fixed soon.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
06-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Sounds good guys. thanks

XxGiRLaNT06xX
06-12-2006, 09:10 AM
One more thing... i have major condensation inside the car... it builds up mostly on the right side of my windsheild where i believe the amplifer sits ( under the glove box?) its always humid in the car... will this set off the next amplifier? im thinkin this may be a rough summer! :?

pinoyesv6
06-12-2006, 09:23 AM
why not take it back to the dealership? i mean even if you could fix it yourself, why would you?? i mean the car only has 1500 miles on it, the dealership should be able to fix most of your problems, no questions asked, as part of the bumper to bumper warranty.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
06-12-2006, 09:37 AM
i did.. they ordered the new amplifier and will call me when it comes in to install it...but when i ask them questions about the problems i've been having they get snippy or dont really have a clear answer. so before i go back to get the amp installed and ask them and get an answer that will do me no good i figured i'd go to you guys who may give me a heads up on some info and maybe i can use that when i go back. i was just wondering if maybe the humidity in the car ruined the amplifier and in the future will mess this one up too. All through the winter my radio worked fine. now that its gettin a lil sticky out and the inside of my car is humid it messes with my amp. It only happens in the rain. The whole last week i could not use the radio due to the rain. now after like 2 days of sun.... the radio is working fine. I dont mean to sound like a complainer but this car is not even 6 months old yet and ive had nothing but problems. :roll:

manybrews
06-12-2006, 05:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XxGiRLaNT06xX)</div><div class='quotemain'>One more thing... i have major condensation inside the car... it builds up mostly on the right side of my windsheild where i believe the amplifer sits ( under the glove box?) its always humid in the car... will this set off the next amplifier? im thinkin this may be a rough summer! Â*:?</div>
are you using the AC? it should be on most of the time.
is it getting consensation when hot outside, or cold?

have you had your windshield replaced?
does the AC drain work correctly?

the car should be easily capable of de-humidifying itself with the AC on.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
06-13-2006, 09:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XxGiRLaNT06xX)</div><div class='quotemain'>One more thing... i have major condensation inside the car... it builds up mostly on the right side of my windsheild where i believe the amplifer sits ( under the glove box?) its always humid in the car... will this set off the next amplifier? im thinkin this may be a rough summer! Â*:?</div>

the car should be easily capable of de-humidifying itself with the AC on.</div>

no i have not had the windsheild. I'm the only car on the block with condensation on my windsheild most of the time. i use the AC when nessassary. it just started getting warm enough to use it over here in NY. the condensation goes away when i use the defogger. im mostly getting condensation on the windsheild when its warm out. and i have no idea if the AC drain works correctly. lol but when i get into my car its always humid and the seat belts always feel damp. but i have most of my probs when its raining out.

Tech_Greek
06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Notice a coolaid type smell in your car? It sounds like the A/C condesation drain is blocked up.

Be forewarned if it is it will cause rust.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XxGiRLaNT06xX)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XxGiRLaNT06xX)</div><div class='quotemain'>One more thing... i have major condensation inside the car... it builds up mostly on the right side of my windsheild where i believe the amplifer sits ( under the glove box?) its always humid in the car... will this set off the next amplifier? im thinkin this may be a rough summer! Â*:?</div>

no i have not had the windsheild. I'm the only car on the block with condensation on my windsheild most of the time. i use the AC when nessassary. it just started getting warm enough to use it over here in NY. the condensation goes away when i use the defogger. im mostly getting condensation on the windsheild when its warm out. and i have no idea if the AC drain works correctly. lol but when i get into my car its always humid and the seat belts always feel damp. but i have most of my probs when its raining out.</div>

XxGiRLaNT06xX
06-14-2006, 07:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tech_Greek)</div><div class='quotemain'>Notice a coolaid type smell in your car? It sounds like the A/C condesation drain is blocked up.

Be forewarned if it is it will cause rust.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XxGiRLaNT06xX)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XxGiRLaNT06xX)</div><div class='quotemain'>One more thing... i have major condensation inside the car... it builds up mostly on the right side of my windsheild where i believe the amplifer sits ( under the glove box?) its always humid in the car... will this set off the next amplifier? im thinkin this may be a rough summer! Â*:?</div>

no i have not had the windsheild. I'm the only car on the block with condensation on my windsheild most of the time. i use the AC when nessassary. it just started getting warm enough to use it over here in NY. the condensation goes away when i use the defogger. im mostly getting condensation on the windsheild when its warm out. and i have no idea if the AC drain works correctly. lol but when i get into my car its always humid and the seat belts always feel damp. but i have most of my probs when its raining out.</div></div>

thanks alot hun... ill let the dealership know when i go back to replace the amp. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif