PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with OBX Coilovers....

jomin1016
11-08-2002, 01:51 AM
Ok... I installed the obx coilovers on my 2000 esv6 with stock struts and I'm a little confused :? I really don't know what my drop was cuz I was too excited and forgot to measure... it is definitely lower, but nowhere near what I had expected...I have them set about 9 rings up (approx 1") and if I go any lower, the springs are too compressed and make a terrible noise just backing out of the garage - didn't even go more than 500 ft down the road....if anyone has pics or suggestions or :idea: or anything....please help.... :!: :!: :!:

Ed
11-09-2002, 09:50 PM
sounds like you have them too low.......the shocks and struts may not be able to handle the drop just yet......I started small then went as low as I wanted....give it time it will ride right......

jomin1016
11-10-2002, 12:46 AM
like I said, I have them set about half way up right now, and the ride is still decent, but the car is not very low at all. If I set them any lower, thats where the probs start to come in. Now I wouldn't mind if they were lowering springs with a 1" drop or something like that -but these things are supposed to be 0 - 4 inches...but what good is it lowering it all the way - when it still isn't low and I can't even drive it. :cry: Now if it was and I couldn't drive it - that'd be a different story...

Turboutlaw
11-10-2002, 01:40 AM
all I can say is that I just put my obx coilovers on last weekend and i love them. You can go as low or as high as you want, just adjust them. As long as you have somewhat of bust-stops you are gonna be fine. They should eb able to disappoint you because you are in control of their hieght, PM me if you have specific questions about their install and result, I will help in every way tha I can.... make sure that you kept most of the black rubber in the top of the springs, I know that kinda confused me at first, dont throw out everything....