View Full Version : factory moonroof problems..

mrjaydeeone
06-03-2006, 08:47 PM
About 2 months ago I had a member on here attempt the install of a dei module to control my moonroof from off my remote for my alarm. It didn't go so well and the moonroof stopped working properly. Turns out that 1 problem was that the ABS fuse popped. (why abs and moonroof share same fuse? beyond me)
Anyways after that fuse was replaced the moonroof would no longer open and close smoothly. meaning this. Instead of just hold the button to let it open or close, you would have to hold it and it would move a little, hold and it would move a little, etc. It would open just like that and close the same way, cept to close it was hesitant, and you would have to do it a few times to get it to actually move a little more closed, and then you would have to do the hold release method until it was completely shut.
A new module was ordered a long with a new switch and that didn't cure the problem. I have an 01 galant, the switch that was received was a grey one. We are not sure why a grey one or what that comes from, figured it was an 02-03 galant, but the ones that I have seen have a black switch also.
We determined the problem to be the limiter within the motor. I had Seth pick me up a motor from a junk yard, and it was installed yesterday. Now with this one, the moonroof opens fully as long as you hold the button, where you release the button is where it stops. Keep in mind before there was any problems you could just hold and release the button to open and close, just like a 1touch window. Presently to close the moonroof you have to use the hold and release method, but now the moonroof doens't hesitate to close. But also when you tilt the moonroof you used to press the button the center up to open it and it would do it in 1 motion, currently to tilt the moonroof you have to hold the switch all the way in the position as if you are closing the moonroof.
Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

pinoyesv6
06-03-2006, 08:55 PM
im taking a shot in the dark but maybe you fried something in the sunroof ecu?

mapid145
06-03-2006, 09:41 PM
hmm.. ya it could be ur thingambob that connects to your shinagin that opens up ur sunroof but using a double helix joint that acts like a fulcrum to the glass piece may have been burned like a watshisname and in the end it was just.. :roll: ya i dont know.. have you opend it up and checked if the wiring is bad.. i dont know.. i got a onetouch thing.. i think on mine.. i say just look at every piece..could be anything well almost.. if u do get it to fix.. let me know.. i got problems with mine too..

cntrylvr79
06-03-2006, 09:54 PM
It's not the sunroof ecu. He's got a brand new one. Yes I'm the one that did it. The module itself is about 75 new from the www.reyreece.com As for the switch ordered a new one which the leads meter properly, but well you read his post. He just tried a new motor and well partial luck iwth that one.

bergundy2k1
06-03-2006, 10:38 PM
I have a similar problem and mine does not close properly you have to push and stop push and stop to close it or just push it to the vent position and that will vent it and then you have to carefully close it from the vent position. This problem gets worse when it is cold but it works fine when it is warm.