PDA

View Full Version : rotors after pads?

galant3jl12's
06-06-2006, 04:14 PM
About 6 months ago I decided I was going to replace my rotors and pads at the same time. I first bought the rotors lost my job and had to wait about 2 months to get the pads. So when I go to have it all put on the rotors were the wrong size and I could not send them back to the company(Auto parts warehosue) never buy from them they are assholes. Any way i ended up just puttin on Hawk pads. But my question is whether you can put on new rotors after you have put on new pads w/ in say a couple of months after getting the pads.

n3oAcid24
06-06-2006, 04:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant3jl12's)</div><div class='quotemain'>About 6 months ago I decided I was going to replace my rotors and pads at the same time. I first bought the rotors lost my job and had to wait about 2 months to get the pads. So when I go to have it all put on the rotors were the wrong size and I could not send them back to the company(Auto parts warehosue) never buy from them they are assholes. Any way i ended up just puttin on Hawk pads. But my question is whether you can put on new rotors after you have put on new pads w/ in say a couple of months after getting the pads.</div>

yes you can put in new rotors after you put the pads. i say you change out your rotors quick too. the aftermarket pads are going to wrap your rotors quick. it happend to mostly everyone.

on a side note, i ordered my brake parts from www.performancecenter.com ('http://www.performancecenter.com') they were pretty koo and everything. i also ordered my shock/struts from them and didnt install them for over a year and when i finally did, one strut was messed up and they still let me get a new one.......

glantv699
06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
I've had Hawks on my stock rotors for at least 4000 miles.....hoping to get a new set of Powerslots for the front soon. New rotors with old pads will not help stopping as much as new pads on old rotors. Changing them at the same time is the best idea but Hawks are long lasting so getting new rotors within a reasonable amount of time shouldn't be an issue- at least that's what I feel and I'm in the same boat.

pinoyesv6
06-06-2006, 04:32 PM
what i'd do is go down to the auto parts store. buy some cheap 15 dollar pads and use them in the meantime.

then put the hawks on when u get your new rotors.

reusing your old pads may cause an irregular wear pattern in the rotor thus ruining it. then you're back to square 1

RedGalant2k1
06-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Yes its ok to replace pads after rotors or vice versa.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n3oAcid24)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant3jl12's)</div><div class='quotemain'>About 6 months ago I decided I was going to replace my rotors and pads at the same time. I first bought the rotors lost my job and had to wait about 2 months to get the pads. So when I go to have it all put on the rotors were the wrong size and I could not send them back to the company(Auto parts warehosue) never buy from them they are assholes. Any way i ended up just puttin on Hawk pads. But my question is whether you can put on new rotors after you have put on new pads w/ in say a couple of months after getting the pads.</div>

yes you can put in new rotors after you put the pads. i say you change out your rotors quick too. the aftermarket pads are going to wrap your rotors quick. it happend to mostly everyone.</div>

That would only happen if the rotor was too thin, or more likely the driver doesn't properly use their brakes to begin with.

galant3jl12's
06-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Oh ok great I appreciate the resonses. I've been addicted to this forum the last few days reading through everything I can. I have a black 03 G that I absolutely love and have taken extremely good care of and have added many things to over the last 3 years. I am very glad to find people who have my same interests and have done so much to their own galants.