PDA

View Full Version : Drained Tranny Fluid

Oli97GalantES
11-08-2002, 02:16 PM
Hey, I just read 2Trues post about having his tranny fluid accidently drained instead of his oil. How many of you guys have ever had this happen to you? It happened to me once. I drove quite a bit of miles on it with the car shutting off and shifting badly. Mine happened because I went to a cheap oil change place. :evil: I never go there anymore.

2True
11-08-2002, 06:53 PM
Manybrews said that this is a pretty common thing, he see's dead tranny's all the time.

I guess I can understand, seeing as how the tansaxle pan is similar looking and of opposite side. But DAYAM!! :roll:

I hope you guys learn from what happen to me. My own personal rule of NOT driving the car when it's not acting right saved my tranny. Little things sure, but if your G is bucking and jumping or smoking and screamin' ... PARK IT, ASAP.

I am still in disbelief....

manybrews
11-08-2002, 07:20 PM
in ten years time, i would say ive seen about 200 come into our dealership.
most are wrecked.

and its NOT just the front drive cars that suffer this. hell, ive got a 2001 full sized montero on my hoist right now that im taking the trans out of because some stupid-as-hell monkey at "jiffy lube" cant tell the difference between a trans and an engine on a full sized truck!! (never mind that the engine drain plug is a full 5 feet FARTHER FOWARD!...you know, on the ENGINE!).

dumbasses.

BUT...
it makes me money hand over fist.

Oli97GalantES
11-12-2002, 12:04 AM
Damn....too many dumbasses out there working on cars that can really mess stuff up. Maybe the dealership should color code or label which plug is which for the retards. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pinoyesv6
11-12-2002, 12:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oli97GalantES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn....too many dumbasses out there working on cars that can really mess stuff up. Â*Maybe the dealership should color code or label which plug is which for the retards. Â* https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

mine is the one with the rounded corners...