PDA

View Full Version : RIPP Supercharger for V6 Galant

RIPPMODS
11-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Hello, my name is Ross Esposito, and I own RIPP Modifications Inc. in Staten Island, NY.

Recently, We had a customer drop off a GTZ having seen our work, he wanted us to Supercharge it.

We have completed and are selling a very successful SDS (Supercharger Drive System) program for the V6 3.0 Mitsubishi Eclipse, which bolts on 135hp and 100whp. We are now working on the 4 cyl mitsubishi Galant and Eclipse. In the intrume we had this customer with his GTZ. He explained to us that there is a buch of guys unable to find Viable performance mods out there.

We were recently featured in Turbo Magazine in the november issue on page 68 With our 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T kit:
http://www.spiketrap.com/stratus/turbomag/ ('http://www.spiketrap.com/stratus/turbomag/')

The link send you to our Web site:
www.rippmods.com

This to our products page : http://rippmods.com/products/produc...es&productId=72 ('http://rippmods.com/products/produc...es&productId=72')

The kit will fit all 6cyl 6G72 powered cars, and with the exception of two steps. is a smooth install. We do however provide you with a different tune FOR THE AFR.

If you have any questions or need info please let me know

Regards
Rippmods
718-442-4723
www.rippmods.com
If speed kills... do brakes give life?

VegasMatt
11-08-2002, 04:42 PM
I want one!! I have sent you an email a few weeks back but never did get a response. I have the cash and I have found a speedshop locally in LV to install it. I would want to the same tranny cooler that the GTZ has. Whats the total price with the SDS system and the tranny cooler?

Thanks
Matt

Kwiksix
11-08-2002, 07:19 PM
Ross I have been following you on the 3g boards and to everyone on here I can tell you the people that work at ripp are great I had problems with my turbo and they gave me advice even though it's the competitions product.
I also saw whiteknights car at drt ross ,before his new swap very,very impresive.

SuperchargedGTZ
11-10-2002, 04:43 PM
ALL....get this kit if you have the means. I didnt really have the means but i got it anyways. so far my car is running SICK. i love the boost. it is soooooooooooo addictive. Ross and his group are a great GROUP and they really know what they are talking about. just call and talk to Ross and you will see what i mean. i have never met someone who is so enthusiastic about cars, and especially OUR engines. put it this way....i went to a BMW meet today with all sorts of new M3s and guess what....they were all looking at my engine.

00GTZ00
11-11-2002, 07:41 AM
I am currently trying to save up for one of those bad boys!!!

burthold
11-11-2002, 08:10 AM
I don't guess you guys have run an emmissions test on this thing yet https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

SuperchargedGTZ
11-11-2002, 08:32 AM
actually Ross passed his for NYC emissions. he said all is you have to do is just make some changes on the afr and then you are all set. i know for a fact that right now i will now way pass. my car is running super rich and i already burnt a cat out.

mitsgalantes01
11-11-2002, 10:48 AM
Thats pretty expensive, could there be a possiblity of a group buy on this supercharger?

mitsgalantes01
11-11-2002, 10:51 AM
How much is an install of one of those?

VegasMatt
11-11-2002, 10:56 AM
I have found most places are going to charge about 1000 for the install. I have a guy locally in Vegas that if i purchase the kit and it is truly bolt on and no other parts are needed it should run around 400.

GTZ are you running an intercooler with this kit?

I have the money now and can purchase it, but I want to see if any problems develop and to make sure all the kinks are worked out first.

Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
11-11-2002, 12:13 PM
i am currently not running an intercooler or aftercooler with this setup. Ross is working on a stage 2 kit that will include an intercooler and a different pulley but i dont think they are close to releasing it yet. i am curently running what the kit came setup as and have no intention of increasing boost until i put new piston heads in. our engines are good except for the pistons themselves. whitenight from club3g started messin with his BOV and was running at higher boosts and he blew a piston. i saw the piston and it was not pretty. so basically if you get this kit, dont mess with it. it comes with everything that you need and is a direct bolt on. there where no serious modifications or other details that needed to sorted out.

Keep in mind that headers are NOW A MUST. our stock exhaust manifolds are only capable of 800CFM and the blower puts like 1500CFM on top of that ( I am not sure about those numbers) but you get the picture. so add that to the cost. and yes it was expensive. hopefully i will be able pay this off in a year hehe.

paco
11-11-2002, 01:25 PM
ROSS

I am waiting for the superharger for the I4 to be released, but in the mean time I want more power out of my car, Are the RPW headers a good set up to go with your supercharger kit????

Kwiksix
11-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Ross you also need to let these guys here know about the Rippchip for the
v-6 ecu!!!!!!!!!!!

VegasMatt
11-11-2002, 05:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paco)</div><div class='quotemain'>ROSS

I am waiting for the superharger for the I4 to be released, but in the mean time I want more power out of my car, Are the RPW headers a good set up to go with your supercharger kit????</div>

Good question since I am running the RPW headers as well. There should be no problems with running RPW headers though. As long as they are not the stock headers as GTZ quoted.

Matt

RIPPMODS
11-11-2002, 07:39 PM
Nice This I like: Great questions!

The RPW headers will work just fine

Headers of some sort are a MUST. The Stock manifolds only flow 750cfm in one given strock. The 5psi the SDS delivers over 1750cfm.

No extra Mods will need to be done

No intercooler is needed to run SDS because 5 psi does not heat air on a SC as with a turbo

More boost is not an option without internals, But trust us 250+WHP is all there. Thats like Camaro SS HP

There is a 1 year warranty on the kit.

We provide you with a tech line and all the customer support you need.

Most installs cost from $650- 950 depending on your shops labor rate

4CYL Kit is in the works, we have a test 4 banger being worked on as we speak.

Keep them coming guys, we are here for you.

Ross
Rippmods

Ghost Beat
11-11-2002, 11:35 PM
any chances you guys are gona expand into the turbo area with these engines or are you gona stick with the super charging? and also what kind of hp gaines can we expect for the super charger setup for the 4 cyl supercharger?

RIPPMODS
11-12-2002, 12:40 AM
We should start the 4cyl tread seprate. No turbo on this application. The internals of these engines are very soft. They don't like the back pressure associated with boost. The SC will out perform the turbo in terms of being efficent and safe.

Our program works together as a package and is matched to the engins ability to move air. We flow the engine and add the nessesary CFM and fuel to make the ADDed HP. Not just simpley add boost and go. Our program will prove to make HP and be safe. Because remeber a more powerful broken engine in NO fun at ALL.

Rippmods

BGR
11-12-2002, 12:58 AM
Welcome to The Galant Center, Ross.

I got one question for you. When are you going to start a group buy? (wouldn't be a bad idea having it on all boards that support the 6G72 engine)

But seriously, that is one damn fine looking piece of work you created. I love that SC. It's too bad I would have to take it out in order to pass the visual during a smog inspection (unless you know of another way around). :wink:

BGR
11-12-2002, 01:02 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RIPPMODS)</div><div class='quotemain'>No extra Mods will need to be done</div>

So you don't need any stronger pistons or any engine rework?

What about a wider exhaust piping? (like 2 1/2 to 3")

00GTZ00
11-12-2002, 09:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RIPPMODS)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nice This I like: Great questions!

The RPW headers will work just fine

Headers of some sort are a MUST. The Stock manifolds only flow 750cfm in one given strock. The 5psi the SDS delivers over 1750cfm.

No extra Mods will need to be done

More boost is not an option without internals, But trust us 250+WHP is all there. Thats like Camaro SS HP

Keep them coming guys, we are here for you.

Ross
Rippmods</div>

Not to be a stickler but 250 hp is NOT like a SS camaro. The LT1 SS is closer but it will still dyno at 260ish RWHP the new Mustang GT will dyno 240-250 RWHP and the 1998-2002 Camaro SS,Z28, Transam will dyno 300+ RWHP

again sorry for being so nit picky.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

SuperchargedGTZ
11-12-2002, 10:08 AM
if you dont think 250whp is is HUGE difference than you havent felt this SC. You really have to feel it. I have yet to loose a race.

cars i have beaten

330ci (manual)
wrx
3000gtVR4
kompressor
rustangs V8
and some ricers (not really a big deal)

also keep in mind. the blower is only running at a 1/5 of its potential @ 5 psi. due the internals and run around 9 psi you are up around 330 whp. then traction becomes the issue.

00GTZ00
11-12-2002, 10:28 AM
I'm not saying it's not a huge differance. hell I I could get 250 dynoed hp It would be a about 100 hp more I would LOVE THAT!! ( I am still trying to find a way to buy the SC)

I was just saying that the Camaro SS, Z28 and TA dyno way higher then 250 hp and that a Mustang GT is a better Car to compair a SC galant to...

RIPPMODS
11-12-2002, 11:45 AM
You will not need to replace any internals to bolt on the 100WHP. The kit is designed around the engines ability to move air. We did our math right and got our tune on point and the car will safely take 4-6psi and make the HP.

The problem is more traction than power. We are working on getting a Limited slip diff in there.

We have installed a 4 row Trans cooler and a trans temp gauge. GTZ27's car has been holding up strong, time will tell. We fel the trans fels stronger than the sporty in the GT's.

Rippmods

burthold
11-12-2002, 12:03 PM
Hell, 50 more hp to the wheels the first time you stomp on it your gonna think you got rear ended... I will say that I would be happy with 250whp any day of the week. A limited slip diff would be a wonderful thing. I thought there was a company working on one already? I would probably put in a L10 torque converter too anything to get more power from the crank to the ground.

Wes

Danger DANJ
11-12-2002, 02:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burthold)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hell, 50 more hp to the wheels the first time you stomp on it your gonna think you got rear ended... I will say that I would be happy with 250whp any day of the week. A limited slip diff would be a wonderful thing. I thought there was a company working on one already? I would probably put in a L10 torque converter too anything to get more power from the crank to the ground.

Wes</div>

Not 50 more, but 100 more hp to the wheels. Remember the V6's only have like 148 hp to the wheels stock.

Danger DANJ
11-12-2002, 02:13 PM
I want this kit so bad, but even though I have the money, I'm finding it very hard to justify spending that much money on my car. Well, not really the money for the SC, but the money for the body kit, new rims, CF hood and other things I already bought on top of the price for the SC. Come this spring I'll have a decision to make.

Hey Rippmods, how long would you need the car to install the SC since you have already done it on a V6 Galant already?

RIPPMODS
11-12-2002, 06:37 PM
We only need the car for 2 days. The headers will be needed. to run the kit safley.

Labor will be: $950.00 + 250 for headers no charge for the motor mount.

Rippmods

TJC
11-12-2002, 07:29 PM
Very impressive Ross; great job and gotta thank GTZ27 for being the first Galant to break into new territories with the SDS. Awesome price too; probably the most bang for the buck after N2O but much better and safer for the engine and everything else. Looks like all you need are L10 tranny upgrade and torque converter and some nice fat tires to put all of that to the ground.

00GTZ00
11-13-2002, 08:02 AM
Ripp -

Just wondering if their will ever be an option to buy the kit part by part?

BEAST
11-13-2002, 02:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*Not to be a stickler but 250 hp is NOT like a SS camaro. The LT1 SS is closer but it will still dyno at 260ish RWHP the new Mustang GT will dyno 240-250 RWHP and the 1998-2002 Camaro SS,Z28, Transam will dyno 300+ RWHP

again sorry for being so nit picky.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

Well either way that is pretty damn close, plus imagine the hp to weight ratio. I don't know exactly how much the 8g galant weigh but our 7gs only weigh about 2900 at the max and that is much lighter than any car with a LT1 in it. So I would imagine that our supercharged vs. thier LT1 they would get smoked any day, that is if we can get that traction.

BEAST
11-13-2002, 02:39 PM
Hey Ross, do you have any 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times yet? Also I looked on your website and it said that you were working on a sc for the 7g right? It said for the galant 95 and up but did you mean the 94 galant and up because that is what I have and it is exactly the same as the 95-98s. How far are you guys in this process. Thanks, BEAST.

Gilhuly
11-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Ross,

What size are the RIPP/AMSS Headers?

RIPPMODS
11-13-2002, 10:43 PM
Size?

they have a few options the AMSS don't have. They are fully ceramic coated and flow the boost alittle easier.

Right!... 94 and up is the correct years of Galants we are working on. We just test fitted a major CNC mounting braket that will fit in between the current Alt bravket and the block. This piece will also hold the Idle pulley that will power the SC. We are about 8 weeks behind schedual. But working strongly.

We are also working on teh Black box for these cars. I will make another post on this when I have more info.

Rippmods

00GTZ00
11-14-2002, 07:39 AM
Beast - Yes an 8G Vs an (unmodifyed) LT1 F-body would be close. from a roll I would say that the 8G would take the f-body till we hit 130, then the F-body would pass us ( they will do 145+) In the 1/4 mile if traction is not a problem we should be able to take an Unmodifyed LT1

SuperchargedGTZ
11-14-2002, 07:57 AM
Ross.....I know I talk to you about everyday but here is a good question. Not that we know that the front runners do not flow as much air as the rear runners, do you think that they are sufficient enough to run the kit safely. I know that you are designing a new intake manifold that will have a bigger plenum to fix this problem but will it be a necessity to upgrade my manifold after this goes into production??

I did receive the new cat yesterday in the mail Ross and my appt. for the dyno is at 2.00pm on Saturday. I will give the shop your number this way they can call you when we are going through the afr.

I will post my results on saturday folks.

Gilhuly
11-14-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry Ross,
I was asking about pipe diameter for the headers and whether this application is larger than the 2.25" stock size.

RIPPMODS
11-15-2002, 07:33 AM
Hey guys, great questions. I really like how you guys are looking at this. I made the GT/RT guys promise me that we were going to try to get the their cars out of the Stereo magazines and into the Turbo magazines. So keep the power and tech questions coming.

The 2.5" collector is not the problem, the stock manifold have to be removed. The collector at 2.5 is fine. It goes into the Cat at 2.5

The stock intake manifold has not posed a problem as of yet at these low boost settings. The problem will be evident at higher boost levels when we are looking for big HP numbers and correct flow will be critical.

Although once finished we should be able to sneak extra HP from the 5-6 psi settings.

We just finished the pulley system that will produce 7-8 psi on the Automatic cars (when built up) All these findings are important because the 5SPD and the Auto cars react differently. The 5SPD cars make Boost easier. The auto needs an extra Crank pulley.

More info as it comes great question guys.

For the record. A stock internal sporty Mitsu GT. running the SDS from 5-10 MPH has (several times) beat a Camaro SS with a Hotchkis Traction system and a full Borla exhaust system. We've also had the opportunity to race other Big displacement cars with similar results.

We have yet to have a good day at the track. We make the power you make it go down the track. GTZ27 has seen how busy we get and are at the shop, having spent some time with us. We want to finish the product line first and then get it to the track.

Rippmods

Never a dumb question Info is Info, we got you need it ask!

Ross

SuperchargedGTZ
11-15-2002, 07:47 AM
thanks Ross

one more day till i get dynoed.

VegasMatt
12-12-2002, 10:44 PM
Have you taken the Galant out to the track since you got this kit. Thats what I am interested in.

Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
12-13-2002, 12:21 PM
no track times as of yet. the car is still running lean at the top end (6400 rpm) about 13.7 and now that it is winter up here in CT i have the stock tires back on, and traction is a joke. my car is going to be getting the BB REALLY soon and get re-tuned.

Lost_Galant
12-28-2002, 03:39 PM
I am saving up right now!!! Can't wait. I totalled my 99 galant ESV6 2 wks ago and just bought a 01 ESV6 2 days ago. I'm just finishing up trading out all the parts, but in time I WILL HAVE THIS SUPERCHARGER 8) :twisted:

2True
12-28-2002, 05:58 PM
Size?

they have a few options the AMSS don't have. They are fully ceramic coated and flow the boost alittle easier.

Right!... 94 and up is the correct years of Galants we are working on. We just test fitted a major CNC mounting braket that will fit in between the current Alt bravket and the block. This piece will also hold the Idle pulley that will power the SC. We are about 8 weeks behind schedual. But working strongly.

We are also working on teh Black box for these cars. I will make another post on this when I have more info.

Rippmods

Sorry if I'm a bit slow :? But did you guys just say that the SC will be made for the 94-98 Galant as well? A reverse model of the 8g SC? hmmm

VegasMatt
12-28-2002, 06:27 PM
GTZ,
Have you taken her out to the track yet? I am still waiting.

Also are you still having problems running lean/rich? How is the tranny holding up?
What additional mods have you done since you had the SDS put on? I have concerns over getting the SDS then having to nickel and dime here and there. The next thing I will have spent 7000 on the thing.

Ross, you mentioned that there is a black box that is coming out. How are you doing on that? You also mentioned with the addition of the black box, the price might be slightly lower, have you determined that yet?

Thanks,
Matt

SuperchargedGTZ
12-28-2002, 08:24 PM
no track times yet...not until spring/summer....dont forget over here on the east coast we have winter and arent as fortunate as you with the weather.....we has some serious snow this past week and driving my car around is rediculuous. between being lowered and having the AMSS/RIPP headers my O2 sensors hang mad low.

no black box yet....Ross and I schelduled my car for mid Jan. he is still doing some beta testing under normal driving conditions (he is such a perfectionist) with some other cars.

from what i can tell my tranny is alright. have never had temps above 180F, but i do think i am experiencing some slippage but not sure. it could be also due to the severe lack of traction.

i will update mid jan. and my car should be better tuned than

VegasMatt
03-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Has anyone else bought the SDS for the V6? I've got the money and I am ready to roll. I just want more feedback as to how the engine is holding up.

Khopari
03-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Has anyone else bought the SDS for the V6? I've got the money and I am ready to roll. I just want more feedback as to how the engine is holding up.

matt,, i dont think anyone else got S/C on the V6.. but i do know 1, memeber from NJ CHapter has S/C on his I4..

VegasMatt
03-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Kho,

How is it holding up, any problems yet? Who has it?

Khopari
03-17-2003, 05:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Kho,

How is it holding up, any problems yet? Â*Who has it?</div>

umm i never seen it in person,, but they have it posted on www.tgcnj.com umm i will find out more when i go to A/C Meet,,,

VegasMatt
03-17-2003, 11:57 PM
I am going to give Ross a call this week to place my order for the SDS. After going in to buy the EVO something just clicked in my head that said. "Ya know, everyone knows the EVO is going to kick ass, but nobody expects the Galant to kick ass". So I am going to keep the Galant and fix it up and make it one of the fastest Galants on TGC. I'll keep you all posted.

Smokin
03-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Aye im lookin to get mine supercharged matt let me know the price when you orders yours ok.

VegasMatt
03-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Trevor at trevtec is going to do my install. He contacted Ripp and he is going to be the retailer for the Las Vegas area. Should be pretty sweet, and he is making me a good deal on the install. Should run a little over 4Gs with install. I talked to Cody today from Ripp and he said that the kit is backordered right now and wont be available for a few weeks. So if you are gonna make your order Twan, get it in now, then when it becomes available, it can ship right away.

FastNFabolous
03-19-2003, 05:38 PM
By that time you can have the black box installed along w/ it & then after the install you can give them a run on the speedway!
Trevtech got some bad ass cars.

SuperchargedGTZ
03-20-2003, 06:36 AM
well my car is there right now getting fitted with the BB. I am not sure how Ross is going to tackle this yet because this is the first one he has put on our cars. I know that they have already done a FULL AUTO Dodge Stratus, but they havent done our car yet. He should be putting it on today I think. I will call RIPP today and see how it is going.

VegasMatt
03-20-2003, 12:51 PM
Keep me posted on how the BB fits, also let Ross know that he needs to start getting one ready for me. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Khopari
03-20-2003, 12:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>well my car is there right now getting fitted with the BB. Â*</div>
ok whats BB,, i am losttt

SuperchargedGTZ
03-20-2003, 03:12 PM
BB = Black Box; this is RIPP mods version of fuel manangement. this unit is a piggy back system that acts like a stand alone. this unit can manage all air/fuel and timing of the engine. this unit comes from RIPP pre-programmed and all settings are set. This unit was tuned for a every different car on the dyno with a lap top. This unit allowed RIPP to retard the timing on the cars and keep the A/F ratios in a safe range. the afr that came with the kit just wasnt cuttin it.

Khopari
03-20-2003, 04:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>BB = Black Box; this is RIPP mods version of fuel manangement. Â*this unit is a piggy back system that acts like a stand alone. Â*this unit can manage all air/fuel and timing of the engine. Â*this unit comes from RIPP pre-programmed and all settings are set. Â*This unit was tuned for a every different car on the dyno with a lap top. Â*This unit allowed RIPP to retard the timing on the cars and keep the A/F ratios in a safe range. Â*the afr that came with the kit just wasnt cuttin it.</div>

oh ok so its like Stand Alone Fuel Management System,, ty for the info,,

Kwiksix
03-20-2003, 04:37 PM
Just came from Ripp today.
Who ever ordered their kits should be getting them soon.
I think Ross is just waiting on a couple parts.

VegasMatt
03-20-2003, 05:14 PM
sweet, im ready for mine.

SuperchargedGTZ
03-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Kwiksix,

Where have you been? havent been postin in a while?

Did you see my car at RIPP? I wanna know what is going on, cause I really didnt have a change to talk to Ross today. PM with anything that you saw

Thanks

How is the car runnin?

VegasMatt
03-25-2003, 04:49 PM
I talked to Ross today and he is a very cool guy. He broke down the kit for me and gave me the history of how he developed the kit and how our engine responds to how the SDS works. After talking to Ross I felt confident of the work that Ripp does. I went ahead and sent out my cashiers check to Ripp today so hopefully within a few weeks I will supercharged.

Auto-9
03-25-2003, 07:02 PM
Only thing stopping me from going supercharged is state inspections...I just know they're gonna piss their pants and fail me without going any further down the list.

SuperchargedGTZ
03-26-2003, 07:52 AM
Ross is a very cool person. Thats how I got my kit. As soon as you get on the phone with him, your done. Might as well just send him some cash. hehe. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Khopari
03-28-2003, 06:49 PM
hey gtz27 did u get your car in track yet,, come on man we all want know the time for the 1/4,,,, https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

SuperchargedGTZ
03-28-2003, 08:55 PM
not yet....i got to break in my engine. i got a built engine by RIPP. it is so tempting to floor it...but :saint: no, got to stay under 4K for 1500 miles. i tell you the car feels so smooth with a balanced engine, built heads, forged RIPP pistons stock compression (even though a tad higher) and now 310cc injectors. this is going to take a little to figure these out with the afr that i still have. i havent gotten the Black Box yet, cause we are going to wait for the break in to get done, which is going to take forever cause i live about 2 minutes from work.

DONT WORRY I WILL BE AT THE TRACK ASAP....Englishtown NJ

smoke some shit. but i will tell you that a SDS Dodge Stratus full auto ran a 14.2 last week with the RIPP setup and black box

Auto-9
03-29-2003, 12:12 AM
i will tell you that a SDS Dodge Stratus full auto ran a 14.2 last week with the RIPP setup and black box

That can't be right...I'm running 14.2 with a 75 shot. That's probably a conservative number from RIPP https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif Shoot my brother runs 14.2 in his Altima.

VegasMatt
03-29-2003, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I run 14.2 off a 75 shot, you sure its not 13.2?

Fishboy55
03-29-2003, 09:17 AM
Yea it's gotta be. The RIPPS car on club3g is running 13's. He'd do a lot better if he didnt keep breaking traction at the line.

RIPPMODS
03-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I run 14.2 off a 75 shot, you sure its not 13.2?

The Stratus ran a 14.167@ 103, WITH A 2.68 60FT TIME. The MPH shows its got 13's in it no problem, its just a matter of car control.

It was also the first time at the track with the car since the SDS and he only got one pass in. He will be back to the track soon.

One of the 3G guys clicked off a 13.2@111 with a 2.78 60FT

Traction is the key its not the power. Power we have, and we can make more power if we need it.
The SC comes on strong right off the line, so traction is a drastic necessity. These cars become better road race cars than drag racers, which in my opinion is more fun anyway, and if you think about it the Galant was design to be tossed around a road course anyway. With the SC in place the power is so smooth and responsive it may be a perfect mod for road racing.

Just my 2 cents
Ross
Rippmods

VegasMatt
03-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Ross,

I think adding the slip differential would be an added bonus to obtain traction. I do plan on getting it. Since I spend much time at the track, I think its something that I would need eventually.

Thanks.

Kwiksix
03-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Hey ed got the car back already?!!
My car is down right now getting the motor built up.
I'm hoping to get 300-350 to the wheels.
We've got to go to the track together we'll have everyone scratchin their heads!!!!!!!lol

SuperchargedGTZ
03-31-2003, 06:42 AM
THATS RIGHT

hey kwik.....what are you using for fuel management...afr/afc??

what exactly are you doing for the build?

VegasMatt
04-02-2003, 05:25 PM
Ed,

What gauges are you running with this kit other than the trans temp gauge, are you running a boost gauge too?

Thanks.

SuperchargedGTZ
04-02-2003, 06:38 PM
yup,

i got tranny temp, boost and a/f gauge. the a/f gauge doesnt really do that much because of how inaccurate it is, but it is important in giving you a general idea. i would say that it is important.

Also important is once you get the OBD II code reader with the Kit. I think you should upgrade it so you can get real time data

such as o2 sensor reading

air intake temp

yadda, yadda, yadda

please if you have any more questions, just ASK. I think i am as excited as you are because now i finally have someone else on the gboards to compare sds stuff with

SuperchargedGTZ
04-02-2003, 06:39 PM
hey kwik...do you think you will have the car all set my April 26. there something going on at Englishtown....something like "import survival series or something like that"

i should be going down there then. but i really dont think i will have my motor broken in then.

VegasMatt
04-02-2003, 09:22 PM
alright cool,

I have the AF gauge, water temp, oil pressure, volts and nitrous pres.

I need to get the boost and trans temp then. I have my custom bezel that dave bernard made me and I am gonna plug in some lunar series into those.

Ripp should have my check by Friday and I think Ross said he is just waiting on the BOVs, hopefully it should only be a few more days. I am still trying to find time to get the car down to my installer for a few days while he puts the sds system in for me.

SuperchargedGTZ
04-03-2003, 06:23 AM
do you have any pics of this bezel? cause i need some more gauges too...like EGT and oil Pressure and i dont know where to put them??

VegasMatt
04-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Sure, let me work on that at work today, that will give me something to do.

smokinLV
04-03-2003, 04:46 PM
ya foo you never have nothing to do. lol you and the homies, M pizzy let me know when you ready to give me that stuff.

r-ezz.e
04-03-2003, 11:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey kwik...do you think you will have the car all set my April 26. Â*there something going on at Englishtown....something like "import survival series or something like that"

i should be going down there then. Â*but i really dont think i will have my motor broken in then.</div>

OMG. That's gotta be tru, if both of u guys do come thru at Englishtown that day, u'd not only have these cats scratchin' heads but they'll prolly be shitting in there pants w/intimidation and will definetly look at our "family sedan" w/some well deserved respect. Damn.....turbo, sds, all u need is Kemist (8g nossed out), and Fishboy (all motored out) in the festivities and u guys would really turn heads..............damn i gotta save up to get the SDS and damn if U and kwiksix go thru w/Englishtown, i GOTS to see it. I commend all u fellas.

Kwiksix
04-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Hey what's up fellas,my laptop has a mind of it's own right now.
Had to come to work to get on-line.
ED i'm doin 8.5.1 compression,ported exhaust manifolds and the whole bit
you know how that goes!!!
I'm waiting on word about the uni-chip on our platform,Ross wants to keep the bb exclusive to his kit for now.
I think the big event at E-town is may 3-4.I dont know if the motor will be broken in by then? ...............I sure hope so!
If I cant run we'll still meet up there right?!

SuperchargedGTZ
04-06-2003, 04:45 PM
you got it

My99GTZ
04-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Okay I'm really interested in this S/C setup you guys have going... I E-Mailed RIPP but I havent' gotten a response yet, like they said they're busy guys... but I was wonderin what you guys threw down for $$ on getting this all done? I'm really looking foward to checkin out your setup GTZ27 at the CT Meet.....

VegasMatt
04-16-2003, 12:47 AM
Ive thrown down about over four grand for the kit and trans cooler. That doesnt include installation.

Its funny, I could have really used this money for taxes since I owe big time, but after driving my galant to the post office tonight to drop off my taxes, I really can't wait to get the kit. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

DJ Galant
04-16-2003, 01:20 AM
congratulations matt, i hope that evrything works out for you perfect man.
May I ask who is going to do the install for you man?

VegasMatt
04-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Thanks Martin,

Trevtec is going to be doing the install.

They specialize in working with Mitsus.

burthold
04-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Well, now that we have all the cash saved up that we needed to buy my wifes new car(03 maxima titanium package paid in full) the SDS is on the radiar. right now I've got cash set back for RPW headers and the OEM hood if that goes through and I'm putting back 4 grand ASAP for the SDS. I don't know if I'll run it without rebuilding the motor and tranny first but who knows. I'm also rebuilding the motor and tranny in my little 95 dodge neon so I can park the G-ride and not drive it daily any more! WOO HOO!

Wes

VegasMatt
04-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Sweet I hope you get the kit, it will be nice to have more of us.

DJ Galant
04-19-2003, 02:38 PM
trevtec is good man:)

VegasMatt
04-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Eddie,
I talked to Ross today and he is going to send me the BB for the stratus to see how it works. I don't anticipate any problems running the BB for the Stratus, he is confident that it will work. I need to do some homework on the intercooler.

FastNFabolous
04-22-2003, 08:49 PM
I hope that BB for the Stratus works for you Matt.
About the intercooler issue are you planning on getting a diff front bumper or are you just gonna get the same size intercooler that Martin has?

VegasMatt
04-22-2003, 09:50 PM
Probably same as Martin, I am keeping the same bumper. I have to see how much room we have under there.

SuperchargedGTZ
04-23-2003, 07:21 AM
matt,

did you remove the metal bar on the front of the car to install the kit. what intercooler do you plan on going with? are you going to use the intercooler kit that RIPP is going to make soon?

GOODLUCK

VegasMatt
04-24-2003, 01:01 AM
I did remove my front bar, do you anticipate any problems? I havent dont much homework with the intercooler so I need to do some research and talk to dj galant to find out what will fit under there and which is best. I talked to Ross about his kit coming out but I told him I would find something locally and he agreed that would be best.

SuperchargedGTZ
04-24-2003, 10:16 AM
well the problem is trying to mount the intercooler without having that bar there. But also, you wanna be careful, because that bar does have alot of rigidity properties keeping the car sturdy. Also, not having the bar there, and getting into a car accident, the issurance will F@#$ U. I did take my bar off when i had my front on. Since i took it off for the winter, i am not sure that i will put it back again. I would like to find a way to put the kit on but keep that bar.

escoson
04-27-2003, 01:48 AM
rite now im a bunch of group buys at a estimated $1300.00 once i get all that stuff taken care of im going to lower the car and do a nice suspension setup and stb's. that should run me about 5-600$. then im gonna start saving for the sc kit for the i4. i think im going to be buying the sc kit sometime between december 03 and january 04. its about 10 months from now. but if i get my raise in a few weeks i will be looking at getting the sc kit sometime between august and september of this year https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif. my car only has 9200+ miles so i figure i mite as well break it in a little more and then do the heavy engine work (ripp sc, headers, pistons, cams, pulleys, etc... im so syked about getting this kit and im real happy for everyone who has it and who is getting it. excuse my language but fuck all the haters that look at galants and are like "wtf is wrong with people and these sedans". some people tell me i have 2 doors to many but when im running them like a hookers panty hose there gonna shit there pants. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

VegasMatt
04-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Amen.

galant215
08-23-2003, 08:46 PM
[b][i]HEY ROSS
HELP ME OUT! I HAVE A 2001 GALANT 2.4L ES....PLEASE GIVE ME A LIST OF THINGS I CAN DO TO MAKE MY GALANT SUPERCHARGED AND A LIST OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED! THANKX :roll:

VegasMatt
08-23-2003, 09:57 PM
They make a I4 kit for the Galant. Check out the thread under this topic.

CWolf
08-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Damn, how far back did he go to find this thread? Although I guess it just goes to show the power of the search tool...good job man :thumbsup: