PDA

View Full Version : anybody know about the evo IX MIVEC

VIPtint
06-15-2006, 01:12 PM
i just picked up an evo IX motor. some poeple have said that the MIVEC might be hard to hook up in an 8g. any info would be appreciated. thanks guys

9G
06-15-2006, 02:11 PM
It should bolt up as other evo engines. just the head that is different.

mattalicslvr8g02
06-15-2006, 02:15 PM
while were on the topic of mivec does the mivec I4 head fit on the 4g64 block and what would the diference be between the stock 4g64 head and the mivec.... sry if I stole the thread but I have had this on my mind for a while and I never got an answer

VIPtint
06-15-2006, 07:24 PM
the MIVEC head is like vtec i guess. the problem wqould be controlling it i believe. i have the ecu and full harness, Stewi said it should be fine. but i just want to know if anyone else know FOR SURE.

VIPtint
06-15-2006, 07:27 PM
before buying the motor i contemplated doing the evo head on my 4g64. a place here that specializes in mitsu sadi he could just build my block, put an evo head and build a full custom turbo setup and produce about 450 whp. u decided to buy the motor because it had only 4,000 miles, i got it for a steal (everything under the hood except the a/c and radiator), and just tuning the evo motor i could have 450 whp easily without an internal mods. basically safer 450 whp

RedGalant2k1
06-15-2006, 08:36 PM
You would have to run a EVO ECM to properly control the MiVEC timing of the EVO engine.

4g63lover
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>You would have to run a EVO ECM to properly control the MiVEC timing of the EVO engine.</div>

couldn't have said it better myself...

manybrews
06-16-2006, 06:11 PM
the MIVEC on the evo is TOTALLY different from their normal MIVEC setups.
on all the cars but the evo, MIVEC has multiple cam lobes, allowing varying valve lift and timing. On the evo, all the MIVEC system does is hydraulically alter the intake cam phasing via a hydraulic actuator on the cam gear.
Basically, its adjustable cam timing only. its not a true MIVEC setup.
mitsu just calls it MIVEC because the term "VVT" for "variable valve timing" is already trademarked by toyota.