PDA

View Full Version : Somthing else is wrong!!!!!!

G7
06-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Crew whats good? A while back i had a post about my starter not working.
Yeah , Yeah , i read every post about starters and nothing solved my problem. I out in a brand spanking new stater from the dealer. The car started up right away with the turn of the key, but it's now back to the same shit!!!!! I have to turn the key many times before ithe car cranks ups WHAT THE HELL IS IT??????????? can any one tell me. :shock:

peanotation
06-18-2006, 01:08 PM
we need more details. before it cranks over, is the starter motor struggling, or is it not even trying? does it just sit there and crank and crank forever and then finally start up?

it could also be your battery or your charging system, but that's wierd than it would start fine for a while then go back to being weak

G7
06-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Ok this is whats happens, i'll turn the ignition i'll hear a click, turn again then i'll haer nothing turn again, click turn , click. Thje motor is not struggling to start it just doesn't turn over when i turn the ignition

Ikudni
06-18-2006, 01:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G7)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok this is whats happens, i'll turn the ignition i'll hear a click, turn again then i'll haer nothing turn again, click turn , click. Thje motor is not struggling to start it just doesn't turn over when i turn the ignition</div>

Mine does the same thing. I learned to start it no problem.. if I park it in a garage or something though.. the valets can never start my car.. few people can.. it's like a anti theft device to me so I live with it. I assumed it has to do with the factory alarm starter cut off or somethin..

RedGalant2k1
06-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Try starting it in neutral see if thats any better.

seth98esT
06-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Dude, check your grounds. If its a new starter and it still clicks, you have a loose ground somewhere.

SleekGTZ
06-18-2006, 03:20 PM
I actually had this problem last week, my car won't start, just clicks. I got it towed to the nearby shop, paid $300+ for a new starter and labor, which really sucks and a pain in the wallet.

As it turned out, I got oil leaking from a bad gasket, and that oil got into my starter. My car is scheduled tomorrow to fix the gasket though. So maybe (just maybe), this could be your problem. I hope it helps.

DOHCstunr
06-18-2006, 07:15 PM
check your battery posts. try wiggling them to ensure that there is full contact.

my car was doing it for a while.
i had a brand new battery but the posts were ever so slightly smaller than my original battery.
so i had to clamp them down all the way. well all the way still left a little bit of pplay.
try new terminals,
or try wiggling the terminals and driving a small screw in the loose space to make sure they don't slip off.

G7
06-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Well it seams like no one has a real solution for this problem. Everything that you guys are saying i have already done. I dont know what else to do
nothig seems to be working. I am not going to the damn dealer so they can rip me off. If someone is out there please help use with this issuse, all 7G owners need your help lots of us are going through this problem

98ACR
06-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Your ignition switch is bad. So is mine. $130 parts + labor from the dealership. My car is a "shop car" and so many people use my car to run parts. But I'm the only one who can start it :wink: One day I'll get around to taking it to the dealer to get fixed...just not any time overly soon

SuperGALANT
06-18-2006, 09:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(98ACR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Your ignition switch is bad. So is mine. $130 parts + labor from the dealership. My car is a "shop car" and so many people use my car to run parts. But I'm the only one who can start it :wink: One day I'll get around to taking it to the dealer to get fixed...just not any time overly soon</div>
x2

Shadow19
06-18-2006, 09:47 PM
If you need an ignition switch im supposed to be getting the ignition plus all locks for my car sometime this week i ordered them off of ebay last week and all i need is the door locks so if u need the ignition key ill sell it to u and ill also make a spare key for it.. SO HIT ME UP!!

DOHCstunr
06-18-2006, 10:41 PM
i have a BRAND NEW ignition switch
i bought it from the dealer a while back.

you don't need to do anything stupid like replace yoru lock cylinders.

its just a unit that goes inside the steering colum and bolts on to the back of the lock cylinder.

i bought it cause i was told thats what was wrong with my old 2.4l dohc setup when my car woudlnt' start. it turned out to be the crank sensor so i never installed the part.

if you want it, PM me and i'll give you a good price. cause its not doing anything in my garage other than sitting on the shelf with a slew of other parts i have.

i can ship it to you fast, as its not a large part.

you would be able to change it out in about 15 minutes.

very simple.

ILL InFeCteD
06-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Its weird cuz my car just started doing this.
It started to really get yesterday when I tried it numerous times and still got nothing. I think it has to do with the alarm. But I turned off the alarm and turned it like 4 times and got no engine response.
My dash just clicks.

If this problem persist then Ill hit you Stunr for that part, if still available.

mitsueclipse2019
07-01-2006, 08:08 PM
hmmm i had something kinda close to that,my problem was that the connectors for my battery needed to be replaced,so i went to autozone and got some new ones for like 5 dollars i think,maybe that will help some

98ACR
07-03-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm surprised manybrews hasn't chimed in on the subject. The tech at my local mitsu dealer said the ignition switch was a common problem on the 7g galant and that he's changed out probably 30 of them