PDA

View Full Version : This will work right?

The Godfather
06-18-2006, 01:35 PM
I have a MAS adaptor with a cone but would like the metal piping.

this will work right?

n e thing else i will need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-2001-2...bayphotohosting ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-Eclipse-L4-Air-Intake-Kit_W0QQitemZ8074696722QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem#ebayphotohosting')

raw0055
06-18-2006, 01:37 PM
I bought one og those it was the worst thing i ever bought

The Godfather
06-18-2006, 01:46 PM
what was wrong with it?

raw0055
06-18-2006, 01:47 PM
It made my car stall out. It just made it run like shit.

fatal1
06-18-2006, 02:13 PM
it should work i had an ebay one and it worked fine and sounded great i was the green one if you have seen it

i changed it only because of the color scheme so i got a k&n typhoon intake it was around 115 or something shipped you can find them all over ebay for the eclipse if you want to go that route also

good luck

fatal1
06-18-2006, 02:14 PM
it should work i had an ebay one and it worked fine and sounded great i was the green one if you have seen it

i changed it only because of the color scheme so i got a k&n typhoon intake it was around 115 or something shipped you can find them all over ebay for the eclipse if you want to go that route also

good luck

Phil
06-18-2006, 03:46 PM
figuring it's designed as the same as my injen short ram I would say get it.

smittys15
06-18-2006, 07:42 PM
you would be better off to get the injen short ram. atleast u know that it is quality stuff. if u buy the cheap stuff u will get junk almost guaranteed

midwest_G
06-18-2006, 10:12 PM
haha that is the same one I have but I won mine from galants.org I am just ordering the MAS adapter and I will hook it up. cheap = yes... free = YES

hsinya
06-19-2006, 02:59 AM
have any of you guys thought of this?

are the ends of the pipes beaded? whats going to prevent the rubber from slipping off the pipe?

how is the entire intake assembly going to stay up? injen and aem have an extra peice welded on the pipe where you bolt on to the corner of the intake manifold.

these things are $30 shipped for a reason.

mau
06-19-2006, 03:59 AM
doesn't this belong in the performance category?

The Godfather
06-19-2006, 09:09 AM
i put it here cause its not really a performance mod..... more of a look for metal and sound.... the performance is insignifigant if you ask me

pLUGSNEt
06-19-2006, 04:37 PM
I had a ebay cheap intake for about 2 years worked just fine... I just recently bought a eclipse v6 ebay one which is a little bigger than the i4 version... it works just as good was a tighter fit but sucks just as good... Sounds great...

hsinya Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

have any of you guys thought of this?

are the ends of the pipes beaded? whats going to prevent the rubber from slipping off the pipe?

how is the entire intake assembly going to stay up? injen and aem have an extra peice welded on the pipe where you bolt on to the corner of the intake manifold.

these things are $30 shipped for a reason.

Um why would the pipe slip that is what the rings are for... you screw them tight.... and mine barely has room to move when engine is on and i accelerate the intake doesnt move...

Go for it... I think its worth the money... and looks great...

hsinya
06-19-2006, 06:14 PM
Um why would the pipe slip that is what the rings are for... you screw them tight.... and mine barely has room to move when engine is on and i accelerate the intake doesnt move...

Go for it... I think its worth the money... and looks great...

even with the band clamps the rubber is still prone to slip off the pipe no matter how tight you make it.

althought this article is for cars running boost, the same concept applies. i had bought a cheap intake for my miata and after a week of driving the rubber hose slipped off the pipe causing the motor to stall. very very bad, specially when you're driving on the freeway. i'd say its better to be safe than sorry. specially when safety is a major concern.
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclipse.../icpipebead.htm ('http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclipsetech/icpipebead.htm')

pLUGSNEt
06-20-2006, 10:55 AM
Hmm maybe or maybe not... I just think it seems very odd for a hose to just slip off from just simple freeway driving if its tighten correctly... Like ive said.. id had mine on for 2 years and it was in the same exact position as i had initially placed it the ties didnt move they were on the same portions of the rubber boots... Maybe you installed it incorrectly on your miata...

But if you want to look out for his "saftey" then you should recommend stock.. because of course anything added aftermarket to the engine has a possibility of messing something up...

And since the article is for boost running cars i would take little to no relivance to his car... normal engine play is no were near that of a boosted vehicle...

SLS2000
06-20-2006, 11:13 AM
I just bought one from ebay. Its a little more complete then that set and here are the differences between this and a name brand.
The pipping looks good but its very thin and the diameter of the pipes are small compared to the injen and the like. Also, the welds are rough and in my case needed to be sanded down.

As for the one you are looking at, Hsinya maybe right. Where are the supports? Those straps may have to be molded to fit.

Look wise its Ok