PDA

View Full Version : all motor 6g72???

atx
07-01-2006, 06:24 PM
got some questions, i know normally its cheaper n all to do f/i to get power gains then n/a but i was thinking that i dont need to much more power if ever got a 5spd (dream).but If i got a 5spd i was thinking well when im messing around with all that why not just buy a 6g72 before the swap, and build it up, maybe top end only? aggresive cams all that stuff. So if i was to do some head work, aggresive cams, how much hp do you think i could gain. Also ive seen thinner head gaskets that increase compression. I dont know anything about the compression on the 6g72 but looked interesting, with some nice head work, aggresive cams and maybe a a bit higher compression i could get a bit more horsepower. this is just an idea, what do you guys think? i dont know too much so any help would be great.

Xrs2
07-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Someone over at club3g talked to the fellow over at www.gude.com. And he said that he could make a head package for the 6g72 that could make another 50-75 hp for 1.2k I think it was.

I paid ~1k for intake headers and exhaust and got about 20hp from it. So if he can really do it, it would be a good price per hp. You would prolly have to get a GTS or Diamante intake for it to flow properly. I have been thinking about getting some aggressive cams, but then you need engine management too.

I am going NA because I don't have all the money at once for a turbo, and I really don't feel like collecting all the turbo parts for 5 years and then install them. At least with NA I can use each peice before I assemble the whole thing.