PDA

View Full Version : Iac problems anyone???????

salvsoltero
07-02-2006, 08:58 PM
my Iac has gone bad and i already replaced it once, well wut happens is that my car starts to stutter and then stops when i come to a stop or slow down, so could it be another thing that might be going wrong..... thanks

Proto
07-02-2006, 09:00 PM
EGR valve. your car should be throwing some kind of code.

Shadow19
07-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Distributor.... They dont throw a code just to let u know.. id go through the whole story but i had the same problem and the distributor was the culprit. Good luck

jiul
07-03-2006, 07:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(salvsoltero)</div><div class='quotemain'>my Iac has gone bad and i already replaced it once, well wut happens is that my car starts to stutter and then stops when i come to a stop or slow down, so could it be another thing that might be going wrong..... thanks</div>

Is your engine light on if so get your codes read first, then check for vacum leaks then check if you got a short. If you got a short you might see it somewhere else too so you'd know.

98ACR
07-03-2006, 10:46 PM
If your car has jumped time, it will act similarly (mine did)

If your fuel filter gets extremely clogged, it will act similary (my other car did)

If you have an arcing wire, your car will act similarly

If you have a trans going bad, it might act similarly

"test, don't guess" Start looking for obvious failures, and than start testing for not-so obvious ones. Just replacing parts is a waste of time, money and can actually cause more problems than you'll solve

salvsoltero
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
yo man thanks alot it was totaly the fuel filter that changed everything but its a bitch to take off...well thanks