PDA

View Full Version : Gas Gauge not working!!! HELP

Tight2Def
11-10-2002, 07:08 PM
here is the problem... I replaced my gauges with El reverse guages... now i'm having problems with my gas & temp gauge ....... Any clue whats wrong?

:shock: HELP!!!!! :shock:

Turboutlaw
11-10-2002, 07:41 PM
yea, your new gauges are like sticking up and there are bumps that a preventing the needles from moving, what I did was put some double sided tape on the bottom of the el guages and stick them down to the old ones. You can also just tape around the edges of the el guages, just find where the needles are being held by like bumps and get rid of the bumps

Tight2Def
11-11-2002, 09:40 AM
Thanks bout ti try it later tonight

Xavier22
11-13-2002, 10:35 AM
alright, alright - i got some guages and the aluminum bezel - so i received the bezel first and put it in to see wha it would look like and when i slipped it on, i guess i fucked w/ the gas needle a bit, cuz it was between the 1/2 and 1/4 tank hatch marks at the time and after i put it in, i turned the car on just to make sure everyhing was gravy, and the gas went from being between the 1/2 and 1/4 mark to being between the 1/2 and 3/4 mark, know what i mean!!! so it rose about a 1/4 tank - so, i went to fill up the tank thinking it would readjust itself and it was at full, and sinc ethen, i've driven about 85 miles and it still at above the full tank hatch, actualy rght above it still!!! so, last night, i was trying to adjust it to where its suppose to be, which is a lil' less than a full tank, and when i did that several times, the needle just went right back up past the last hatch mark on the full tank!!!

suggestions and help greatly appreciated!!! - thanks, yo

ray

pinoyesv6
11-13-2002, 12:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinGAzteK02LA)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright, alright - i got some guages and the aluminum bezel - so i received the bezel first and put it in to see wha it would look like and when i slipped it on, i guess i fucked w/ the gas needle a bit, cuz it was between the 1/2 and 1/4 tank hatch marks at the time and after i put it in, i turned the car on just to make sure everyhing was gravy, and the gas went from being between the 1/2 and 1/4 mark to being between the 1/2 and 3/4 mark, know what i mean!!! so it rose about a 1/4 tank - so, i went to fill up the tank thinking it would readjust itself and it was at full, and sinc ethen, i've driven about 85 miles and it still at above the full tank hatch, actualy rght above it still!!! so, last night, i was trying to adjust it to where its suppose to be, which is a lil' less than a full tank, and when i did that several times, the needle just went right back up past the last hatch mark on the full tank!!!

suggestions and help greatly appreciated!!! - thanks, yo

ray</div>

the guages won't readjust itself when it is on full. uhm push the needle all the way down and it should readjust itself that way.

Xavier22
11-13-2002, 01:14 PM
will do that - thanks alan.......i'll let u know if it worked or not