PDA

View Full Version : New 2008 Lancer (not Evo X) Now with vid

9G
07-11-2006, 12:12 PM
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/974/medium/cdoane_evo_04.jpg
http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/974/medium/cdoane_evo_06.jpg

Discuss.

Video ('http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=116193#3')

Dominicano
07-11-2006, 12:18 PM
I guess they are not going with the bad ass headlights and making them hologen bulbs, man mitsu suck freaking all hyundae cars come with projectors but mistu go to go with hologens.

devgrp
07-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Well if they are using halogens for the Evo X, they would be taking a step backwards considering that the previous model came with hid projectors. Looks like a Mazda 3 though.

Reelax
07-11-2006, 12:31 PM
looks more like a LANCER mule rather than a full blown EVO mule... no flared fenders, no dual exhaust, no HID procetors etc.

VegasMatt
07-11-2006, 12:41 PM
It will still blow the doors off the Galant...

Its my next car, got 18 more months to wait.

manybrews
07-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I guess they are not going with the bad ass headlights and making them hologen bulbs, man mitsu suck freaking all hyundae cars come with projectors but mistu go to go with hologens.
so, your car purchasing decision is based on type or shape of headlights?

nice criteria. Why not actually WAIT for the car to be seen in production form before bitching about it?

galant_got_speed
07-11-2006, 02:24 PM

nice criteria. Why not actually WAIT for the car to be seen in production form before bitching about it?

DEFEND YOUR COMPANY MANYBREWS! TO THE DEATH! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

is it just me or do the front tires look bigger than the back ones in the 2nd pic? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Dominicano
07-11-2006, 02:39 PM

This is not the first time and I doubt it will be that last where a mitsu concept car comes out like shit when it goes into production. nuff said!!! personally I would never buy another mitsu again thats for you comment regarding my "purchasing decision".

its a known fact that mitsu just been a few steps behind the game and its evident by their sales.

galant_got_speed
07-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Well...i probably wont buy another mitsubishi...mine has been really reliable but im more performance headed and mitsubishi's new stuff aside from the Evo doesnt give me that...i mean why is the 3 and 4G eclipses NOT turbocharged? afraid of it overtaking the Evo in sales? As far as im concerned mitsubishi is all about turbo...they should have made a turbocharged 8th generation galant for the US...im pretty sure it would have sold.

the new evo concept pics dont look too promising either...guess i need to go back to honda/acura :shock:

VegasMatt
07-11-2006, 04:51 PM
the new evo concept pics dont look too promising either...guess i need to go back to honda/acura :shock:

Someone get the soap and wash this boys mouth out.

Kalamidad
07-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Well, Mitsu is gonna come out with the lancer/mirage/whatever they wanna call it before they actually come out with the EVO. How can they come out with the EVO before the econo state. Therefore, it makes sense that it is a normal looking car with normal headlights. It probably will be a basic run of the mill car and then will become the EVO. My money is still on Mitsu to come out with something like the pictures of the red EVO10.

9G
07-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Well, Mitsu is gonna come out with the lancer/mirage/whatever they wanna call it before they actually come out with the EVO. How can they come out with the EVO before the econo state. Therefore, it makes sense that it is a normal looking car with normal headlights. It probably will be a basic run of the mill car and then will become the EVO. My money is still on Mitsu to come out with something like the pictures of the red EVO10.

You know what, I think you're right.

I mean, there's no way that a more powerfull and light evo would have a stock mitsubishi caliper and not use Brembos.

Kalamidad
07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
did anyone notice what side the steering wheel is on?

manybrews
07-11-2006, 07:17 PM
DEFEND YOUR COMPANY MANYBREWS! TO THE DEATH! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

I just hate that kinda silly bitching, regardless of car company. If people expect nothing to change from concept to production, and make judgements based solely on pre-production crap, they're really going to be in for a disappointment regardless of whom makes it.

Besides, the car looks good.

manybrews
07-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Well...i probably wont buy another mitsubishi...mine has been really reliable but im more performance headed and mitsubishi's new stuff aside from the Evo doesnt give me that...i mean why is the 3 and 4G eclipses NOT turbocharged? afraid of it overtaking the Evo in sales? As far as im concerned mitsubishi is all about turbo...they should have made a turbocharged 8th generation galant for the US...im pretty sure it would have sold.

th
ive said it here and a million other places..

mitsu doesnt sell turbos or AWDs anymore because they dont sell. At one time, you could get almost ALL of their cars with either a turbo, AWD, or both.
cordia
tredia
mirage
3000gt
galant
expo
starion

no one bought them. even in their "hayday", the eclipse GSX never accounted for more than 7 percent total sales. Not a good figure, especially when you factor in overall warranty and engineering costs.
Mitsu still does turbos better than anyone, but what good is it if nobody buys them?

galant_got_speed
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
yah i understand what youre saying...i just wish they came factory turbo'd cuz my parents would see it as a good thing "it was meant to be there"...if i tell them i want to put a turbocharger ON my car as an aftermarket thing, they think its the devil and that my car will blow up in the next 3 days...the hell of being 18 and living under ur parents roof. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

snowman
07-12-2006, 12:17 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/haramzada/x1pNWjjkHJ3o_xOY_JwFqSZEICDu1974NCQ.jpg

I hope it looks like this!!!!!!!!!

Kalamidad
07-12-2006, 12:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snowman)</div><div class='quotemain'>http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/haramzada/x1pNWjjkHJ3o_xOY_JwFqSZEICDu1974NCQ.jpg

I hope it looks like this!!!!!!!!!</div>

it still may.

manybrews
07-18-2006, 05:28 PM
as thought, that car is mearly the new lancer. NOT the evo nor ralliart.

VegasMatt
07-18-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm still going to get one of these new Evos.

4g63lover
07-18-2006, 06:02 PM
i dunt care how this car will look, if the evo X will not have the 4G63T then my dream is over.... :cry:

manybrews
07-18-2006, 07:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dunt care how this car will look, if the evo X will not have the 4G63T then my dream is over.... :cry:</div>
300HP is 300HP.

does it matter if its an all new engine vs. a 25 year old design?

Mante
07-18-2006, 08:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>
300HP is 300HP.

does it matter if its an all new engine vs. a 25 year old design?</div>

That is true to a point...but when something is tried and true and "legendary" why risk it with R & D knowning that mitsu (unfortunately) is known for a billion recalls. I honestly wish my 96 galant came with the 4g63T hell the 99 should have had it too.

As far as that lancer, Im not really impressed. And sadly Im not surprised, aside from matt I cant think of anyone that wants to get one...

Volvo S60R here I come... yea I know its a Found On Road Dead

Proto
07-18-2006, 09:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>
300HP is 300HP.

That is true to a point...but when something is tried and true and "legendary" why risk it with R & D knowning that mitsu (unfortunately) is known for a billion recalls. I honestly wish my 96 galant came with the 4g63T hell the 99 should have had it too.

As far as that lancer, Im not really impressed. And sadly Im not surprised, aside from matt I cant think of anyone that wants to get one...

Volvo S60R here I come... yea I know its a Found On Road Dead</div>

your 96 has a 6A13TT though https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Danger DANJ
07-18-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm with Matt. I believe the EVO X will be my next car as well. I'm just hoping I will be in a good enough financial position to buy it and still afford the insurance too.

4g63lover
07-18-2006, 10:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dunt care how this car will look, if the evo X will not have the 4G63T then my dream is over.... :cry:</div>
300HP is 300HP.

well to me its just the fact that ive grown to admire the 63t its like a loyalty thing or something i guess... and to me why mess with a platform that is kind of like a 4 cylinder version of the 2JZ? with a little bolt-on parts... 300 hp is like a walk in the park. but i dunno maybe its just me... but like i said before if the EVO X will not have the 4G63T, I'm not havin' it... :cry: i guess the end is near....

AVERAGE
07-19-2006, 12:59 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, Mitsu is gonna come out with the lancer/mirage/whatever they wanna call it before they actually come out with the EVO. Â*How can they come out with the EVO before the econo state. Â*Therefore, it makes sense that it is a normal looking car with normal headlights. Â*It probably will be a basic run of the mill car and then will become the EVO. Â*My money is still on Mitsu to come out with something like the pictures of the red EVO10.</div> I would honeslty be more excited to see the Colt grace our shores...

lonestar22
07-19-2006, 01:06 AM
i dontknow about you guys but i can perfectly see a projector in those housings

AVERAGE
07-19-2006, 01:08 AM
IDK, looks pretty similar to the Elantra skyline wannabe lights(2k+)

RedGalant2k1
07-19-2006, 01:11 AM
I just like the fact its got a Michigan plate, that means like every other manufacterer I get to see it driving down the road before anyone else. Just like when I saw a prototype new sebring, H3, and a multitude of other cars over the years.

GPTourer
07-19-2006, 09:01 AM
These cars are most likely just regular Lancers. The second car has projectors, so it is probably a Ralliart. The first is probably just a base Lancer with alloys.

As always some people will bitch and then when the cars come out and start kicking ass, they'll suddenly want one. :roll:

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/spyphotos/6060712.004/6060712.004.mini1L.jpg

keithert
10-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I think it looks pretty good. Much better looking than the current Lancer and much of it competition. I wonder what the powertrain will be in the regular and ralliart Lancer?

seth98esT
10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I think that Lancer looks pretty good(from what we can actually see). Big improvement over the older modle Lancers IMO.

4-G-rim
10-03-2006, 03:59 PM
The new Lancer looks pretty good. Mitsubishi is changing direction...people are going to like it and some won't, but its a decision that was made to continue with the company's well being.

As for the new EVO with the new 4B11 motor, i am going to see what it does. ALOT have expressed the "sadness" of the retirement of the legendary 4G63, but times are changing the the expression "All good things come to a end" never meant soo true pertaining to the 4G63.

I am pretty confident Mitsu has put in ALOT of R&D on the development on the next EVO and the new motor. I think I read that Mitsubishi has been designing the new 4B11 for almost a decade already. Anyhow...i am going to see what this new motor can do. I give it a year after the debut of the new EVO, and I am sure the big name tuners will expose the potential the 4B11 has. Then we can make fair comparisons and arguements between the 4G63 and 4B11 and see if Mitsubishi "Evolved". :cool:

The reaction of the avid 4G63 fans are reacting much like the Honda guys when they got news Honda was retiring the "B series" motors for the new K series motors. From what I read and heard...the K series are much more reliable and produce better results than the B series.

With all that said.....the 4G63 will be missed but still legendary. It will still get aftermarket support long afterward. The 4G63 had a very good run...and NOT many manfacturers can claim having a production motor for almost 2 decades that produced the mindblowing results that the 4G63 did. ;)

fatal1
10-03-2006, 04:26 PM
looks good, nice lines and all, and a nice stance i wouldnt mind seeing the new motor either see what its capable of, i just wouldnt be the first one online to get one i personally would wait at least a year so most of the problems are fixed with newer models, bodywise i like it overall

SkylineG1
10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
The new Lancer looks pretty good. Mitsubishi is changing direction...people are going to like it and some won't, but its a decision that was made to continue with the company's well being.

As for the new EVO with the new 4B11 motor, i am going to see what it does. ALOT have expressed the "sadness" of the retirement of the legendary 4G63, but times are changing the the expression "All good things come to a end" never meant soo true pertaining to the 4G63.

I am pretty confident Mitsu has put in ALOT of R&D on the development on the next EVO and the new motor. I think I read that Mitsubishi has been designing the new 4B11 for almost a decade already. Anyhow...i am going to see what this new motor can do. I give it a year after the debut of the new EVO, and I am sure the big name tuners will expose the potential the 4B11 has. Then we can make fair comparisons and arguements between the 4G63 and 4B11 and see if Mitsubishi "Evolved". :cool:

The reaction of the avid 4G63 fans are reacting much like the Honda guys when they got news Honda was retiring the "B series" motors for the new K series motors. From what I read and heard...the K series are much more reliable and produce better results than the B series.

With all that said.....the 4G63 will be missed but still legendary. It will still get aftermarket support long afterward. The 4G63 had a very good run...and NOT many manfacturers can claim having a production motor for almost 2 decades that produced the mindblowing results that the 4G63 did. ;)

Well said. I like Mitsu alot but I am looking now to the performance luxury side of the tuner spectrum. My next car will be a sports sedan (loving the old style M45 :firedevil: ) But I would like to see what the new Mitsus can do.

KMXxBadboy
10-04-2006, 10:33 PM
The excitement for the new Evo keeps on building upon itself. There's a lot of speculation going on at the local dealership level about this masked car with the Michigan plates, as well. Some say it's the new Lancer. Others say it's the new Lancer Ralliart AWD - meant to compete at the price level of the Subaru Impreza WRX. Once I hear anything solid, I'll let you guys know.

milo111000
10-05-2006, 01:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/SpaGeZ/2008mitsubishilancer7ys.jpg

might be this.. had a topic on this..
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...c=51019&hl= (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index.php?showtopic=51019&hl=)

4g63lover
10-22-2006, 02:10 PM

well said kevin. still wished they coulda kept the 63t tho. maybe just use the FQ-360 motor it has OVER 300 hp. we'll see when this comes out. my uncle is contemplating on buying one of these so we'll so what kind of beast he can turn it into. as for me I'm still 4G63lover.... today, tomorrow, forever.

furiousgtz
10-22-2006, 02:33 PM
i want the new evo.

OR the MR...

04LSV6
10-23-2006, 07:41 PM
I hope you don't think thats real. I didn't click your link...but that is a horrendous photochop.

edit: the front end i mean

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/SpaGeZ/2008mitsubishilancer7ys.jpg

might be this.. had a topic on this..
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...c=51019&hl= (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index.php?showtopic=51019&hl=)