PDA

View Full Version : Main Cat-conv. and all the extras

kungfuwaffles
07-18-2006, 11:07 PM
I had this coupled to a different discussion ..but decided to make a new post for it..and If I get some good advice..Ill go to work on this project this weekend....OK..the deal with the exhaust...I know someone who owns a precision exhaust pipe bender.....( I am not very technical here..lol) and I was thinking of doing a custom exhaust setup from the main cat back... this is cheaper than buying the full cat-back exhaust..I was thinking..why not..its free....the resonators ( pre/post cat-convt. crap) I was gonna take out..but I have to relocate the O2 sensors...as in...before the main and right after the main..will that solve my problem for throwin a code....or is there a better location?..I think I read in an Old discussion that this would solve the problem....does n e one have a better idea...that is low on cost?...Ill post pics of the end result..maybe link a site for my own sound test ...if I can

pinoyesv6
07-18-2006, 11:11 PM
if you're just gonna make a cat back, then you don't have to mess with the o2 sensors

ChikagoGTZ
07-18-2006, 11:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just gonna make a cat back, then you don't have to mess with the o2 sensors</div>

If he has a fed spec v6 then he's gonna have to add one o2 sensor post cat.

pinoyesv6
07-18-2006, 11:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just gonna make a cat back, then you don't have to mess with the o2 sensors</div>

If he has a fed spec v6 then he's gonna have to add one o2 sensor post cat.</div>

thats true. but considering he said main cat, one would assume there were secondary (pre) cats also.

ChikagoGTZ
07-18-2006, 11:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChikagoGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you're just gonna make a cat back, then you don't have to mess with the o2 sensors</div>

If he has a fed spec v6 then he's gonna have to add one o2 sensor post cat.</div>

thats true. but considering he said main cat, one would assume there were secondary (pre) cats also.</div>

I would agree.

kungfuwaffles
07-19-2006, 12:56 PM
yeah..its a 2003 GTZ (v6) ..but I do not know if its Cali spec or not...

pinoyesv6
07-19-2006, 01:59 PM
its an 03. all 03's are cali spec.

kungfuwaffles
07-19-2006, 08:30 PM
so..I am gonna hack all the pre cat and post cat poop off...but the setup of the O2 sensors right beforeand right after will do fine?

ChikagoGTZ
07-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Or you can buy a set of headers for 400-500 bucks....and then have no cats.