PDA

View Full Version : That Dang Radio

badazzandy
07-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Is there still not a kit sold if you want to put in a aftermarket receiver in? I have a 06 galant and i wanna change the system without going thru alot of hassle.

invertedzero
07-26-2006, 09:47 PM
try going to crutchfield.com

TKEhandgrenade76
07-27-2006, 08:16 PM
i went to crutchfield.com earlier this month. They said they dont have any kits for the 9g especially those with integrated climate controls. This affects models 06+ (ES/LS/GTS).

i'll say check out the 9g on cardomain since there are a couple of people who did a customized install on their galants and ask them.

Crutchfield told me that the double din Kenwood DPX system wouldnt fit my 04 ES since only single din can fit them :roll: . I didn't believe them since there were plenty of 04 DE/ES had double din HU/Navi on cardomain.

invertedzero
07-29-2006, 06:26 AM
just remove the pocket below the headunit a double din should fit fine

TKEhandgrenade76
07-29-2006, 07:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(invertedzero)</div><div class='quotemain'>just remove the pocket below the headunit a double din should fit fine</div>

oh i know that, its just some people at crutchfield shouldn't be working there as a technical consultant. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif The girl who I talked to was surprised that it has another extra din under the HU on the DE/ES. Yet she still said a double din HU wouldn't fit either way and that i need to wait for the kit. :roll:

invertedzero
07-31-2006, 04:47 PM
wow something so obvious and she doesn't get it hehehe