View Full Version : Rims & Tire Pressure

badazzandy
07-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Hey It's I again. Thinkin bout gettin new rims and tires, but is that going to mess up the tire pressure gauge that is in the 9G? Where is the gauge anyway?

RedGalant2k1
07-23-2006, 12:18 PM
The tire pressure monitor looks similar to this:

http://www.memagazine.org/backissues/april05/features/pumpedup/38.jpg

Its mounted directly in your wheel where the valve stem (where you check your air pressure) is placed.

Your factory Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) can be used in your aftermarket wheels. If you want to be sure the company whose wheels you are looking to purchase you should call and ask them if they are 'sensor friendly'.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
07-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I put rims on from my 8g and the TPMS blinks. i didnt bother checking if the system would fit with these b/c they are on on my car until i get my new ones... but as RedGalant2k1 says.. you can find rims that are sensor friendly. if not then the light will just constantly blink.

Fall Out Boy
07-24-2006, 04:35 PM
but doesnt psi change on different sized tires.. so wouldnt that just render that annoying device obsolete?

pinoyesv6
07-24-2006, 06:13 PM
i have 15's 16's and 18's for my galant and they run the same tire pressure. the tire pressure stated on the door jamb.

DOHCstunr
07-24-2006, 06:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have 18's for my galant and they run the same tire pressure. the tire pressure stated on the door jamb.</div>
damn right

ChikagoGTZ
07-24-2006, 07:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have 18's for my galant and they run the same tire pressure. the tire pressure stated on the door jamb.</div>
damn right</div>

Post whore.

RedGalant2k1
07-25-2006, 11:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fall Out Boy)</div><div class='quotemain'>but doesnt psi change on different sized tires.. so wouldnt that just render that annoying device obsolete?</div>

You'll never need to change from your vehicle's recommend tire pressure. The main reason is most companies that produce low profile tires designed them to carry more load just in the construction of the tire. That keeps the tire pressure the same whether you run factory 15s or aftermarket 20s.

Pay attention to the load index of your tires when your buying. Most will be above 90 which is a max load of 1323(lbs) at a max pressure of 50psi. So the Galants 32psi Front, and 29psi Rear is no issue to keep in any size wheel you put on it.