PDA

View Full Version : gas tank question

mitsufan
07-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Is there anything I can use to remove sludge or gunk from my gas tank? My car keeps hesitating so I pulled my filter off and my gas had a lot of black crap in it. Usually I have to almost floor it when Im stopped to get it to accelerate normal (and my tach will go up when I accelerate and then goes down then up again.) The worst part is it kills my gas milage.

djmtz263306
07-27-2006, 01:01 AM
one way you can do it is, take off the gas tank , take off the fuel pump , and wipe the tank down manually . other than that i dont think you could get a better cleaning.

mitsufan
07-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Off topic: What part of Irving are you from? I was just there for a Hyundai training class (off of S Beltline road by panasonic and the lake) and had a great time. I should be going back later this year for more training classes. Its totally different from here. I stayed at the Harvey hotel on john carpenter frwy. I did not miss a turn or get lost until I turned off 114 and was headed to the freight area. I looked for my hotel for at least 3 hours. Come to find out it was on the frontage rd. I WAS SOO MAD!! Maybe we could hook up or something next time Im there for lunch.