PDA

View Full Version : cross drilled slotted rotors, do they squek ?

newsobe
11-12-2002, 02:16 AM
The guy at midas said that my pads are not wern out its ust that the drilled rotors always squek ? is that true.

Nick VR4
11-12-2002, 03:16 AM
Thats crap :roll: squealing is caused by the Pads vibrating against the calipers
You can either try a anti-squeal shim that goes between the pad and caliper or a paste or even better both

manybrews
11-12-2002, 08:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats crap Â*:roll: Â*squealing is caused by the Pads Â*vibrating against the calipers
You can either Â*try a anti-squeal shim that goes between the pad and caliper or a paste or even better both</div>
actually, most aftermarket componants squeak like hell.

Nick VR4
11-12-2002, 08:47 AM
The only ones I have seen bad reports on for Pads squealing are Pagid pads

manybrews
11-12-2002, 10:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>The only ones I have seen bad reports on for Pads squealing are Pagid pads</div>
work in the industry for 10 years..

then youll see that most of it is crap.

BlueESV6
11-12-2002, 02:08 PM
I guess I've been lucky... 7 months with cross drilled and no squeaking yet...

(will probably start tomorrow! ha)

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

burthold
11-12-2002, 02:22 PM
I put the shim and the tacky on them to keep the squeal out mine don't squeal at all. They can make the resonance noise at low low speed like backing up. I've had mine on for a few months no issues at all. I'm running axxis metal master pads and the bradi/brembo rotors all the way around.

Wes

GTZ
11-14-2002, 02:33 AM
My DBA's in the front squeals like a BITCH!
LOL https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

99DE
11-14-2002, 11:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats crap Â*:roll: Â*squealing is caused by the Pads Â*vibrating against the calipers
You can either Â*try a anti-squeal shim that goes between the pad and caliper or a paste or even better both</div>

Nick is right. When I installed my slotted rotors I applied the anti squeek spray (got at auto store) to the back of the pads like your supposed to. That way the calipers don't rub and squeek. So far so good for me. I have the cross dimple and slotted rotors and PBR Metal Masters. They are great.

SuperchargedGTZ
11-14-2002, 11:45 AM
i have the axxis pads and Brembo drilled/slotted rotors all around and my rears squeak hella lot.

r-ezz.e
11-14-2002, 03:36 PM
Shit, thank God i wasn't tripping. A few months back posted this same problem, when i put on my Powerstop crossdrilled rotors w/axxis pads, my brakes squeeked horribly. So i applied some of that anti-squeek paste and tried my best to clean some of the brake parts off,the horrendous squeeking went away. However, there is still a very faint sqeeking noise but nothing compared to when i first put them on....it sounded like l needed new pads.

I do have a question for u guys, do the crossdrilled rotors feel different when braking? As far as, do u hear a "humming" noise if ur braking at speeds of about 60+mph? I just wanna know if that's normal or i'm just paranoind. I wanna get them checked out by a mechanic but i wanna get suggestion from u guys first. Thanks

pinoyesv6
11-14-2002, 03:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(r-ezz.e)</div><div class='quotemain'>Shit, thank God i wasn't tripping. Â*A few months back posted this same problem, when i put on my Powerstop crossdrilled rotors w/axxis pads, my brakes squeeked horribly. Â*So i applied some of that anti-squeek paste and tried my best to clean some of the brake parts off,the horrendous squeeking went away. However, there is still a very faint sqeeking noise but nothing compared to when i first put them on....it sounded like l needed new pads.

I do have a question for u guys, do the crossdrilled rotors feel different when braking? Â*As far as, do u hear a "humming" noise if ur braking at speeds of about 60+mph? Â*I just wanna know if that's normal or i'm just paranoind. Â*I wanna get them checked out by a mechanic but i wanna get suggestion from u guys first. Â*Thanks</div>

if we're thinking about the same humming noise, thats normal. kinda like putting a car between the spokes of a bike and riding the bike...

Gilhuly
11-14-2002, 10:39 PM
Drilled rotors are going to hum a little - it's the pads running over the holes. My Brembo's and semi metallic pads are much better than stock. I would guess that 95% of people who have squeeking haven't used an anti squeek spray. Squeeking is vibration -kill the conduction of the vibration and there is no noise.

r-ezz.e
11-15-2002, 01:47 AM
Thank you Lord! That's exactly wut i hear. That's a good thing.....but just in case i definetly wanna get'em checked out still. Thanks fellas