PDA

View Full Version : A good place to move the xm fin Update on XM/Sirius Deal

redgalant1
07-26-2006, 11:26 PM
i need help in trying to figure out where to put the xm satilte fin i currenty got it in the back by the wing i want to move it to a better place anyone with some stlye .....and think of the car with a kit
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/633000-633999/633489_71_full.jpg

VegasMatt
07-26-2006, 11:36 PM
The roof towards the back window in the center. XM has a huge ass dildo for an antenna...should of went with Sirius...far superior programming.

redgalant1
07-26-2006, 11:41 PM
yea it is big im thinking of getting another fin but smaller and just put the parrts in it

jake26
07-26-2006, 11:43 PM
The roof towards the back window in the center. XM has a huge ass dildo for an antenna...should of went with Sirius...far superior programming.

well i think its just matter or programming preferance, i have Xm and love it i have my antena located on my trunk In the midle and get perfect signal everywhere except for overpases or undeground garages.. if you want you can get rid of that fin antenna and go with a smaller magnetic one whcih looks like this and its magnetic

http://shop.xmradio.com/Images/10294/products/detail/F5X004_AutoAntenna_200.jpg

VegasMatt
07-26-2006, 11:45 PM
You guys do know that you can call XM when your general subscirption expires and tell them you are going to switch to Sirius and they will offer XM to you at 4 bucks a month right? They are desperate to keep peeps over there. From what I read and being a Sirius stockholder, XM could be done within 2 years, I know Sirius was looking at buying them out.

redgalant1
07-26-2006, 11:50 PM
i got free xm i don't pay shit

VegasMatt
07-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Thats why they wont be around in two years....

raw0055
07-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Thats why they wont be around in two years....

I find that hard to believe. Sirius has toooo much money out there to be buying anyone. They need to get more money coming in instead of going out. All I see is sirius leaving real soon.

VegasMatt
07-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Now thats funny. I think within the next year, Sirius will have more customers than XM.

little blue
07-27-2006, 09:10 AM
see if you can put it on the rear dash. I have mine on there, but I also have sirius. I don't have any problems with reception and when driving through the tunnels in boston it still works for some reason.

rl1634
07-27-2006, 02:11 PM
well if you could get a smaller antenna then maby you could put it on the back shelf where the center brake light is. then you could paint it gray and hide it. does it have to be outside the car to work, i know the xm in my house goes through the window just fine.

mrjaydeeone
07-27-2006, 06:50 PM
I have a tiny antenna for my xm and I have it mounted to my dash on the passenger side right by the windshield, you don't even notice it's there

VegasMatt
07-27-2006, 07:24 PM
My sirius antenna is on the trunk, good reception behind the window and with a big ass wing too.

redgalant1
07-27-2006, 08:35 PM
im just put it in the back window from inside and hope for the best

Bigshot
08-02-2006, 08:21 AM
I have a tiny antenna for my xm and I have it mounted to my dash on the passenger side right by the windshield, you don't even notice it's there

Yeah mine is same way ran it straight to the back lil magnet antenna never had a problem...

VegasMatt
02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
[quote=VegasMatt]Thats why they wont be around in two years

I find that hard to believe. Sirius has toooo much money out there to be buying anyone. They need to get more money coming in instead of going out. All I see is sirius leaving real soon.

haha Owned. Happend a lot sooner than I thought.

NEW YORK - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. and Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. have agreed to merge, the two companies said Monday.

The deal would consolidate the only two companies in the emerging business of subscription-only satellite radio, and is sure to face tough scrutiny from federal regulators. Investors and analysts have been speculating about a deal for months.

The two companies said in a statement that Mel Karmazin, the CEO of Sirius, would become chief executive of the new company.

Now Sirius needs to fire Dopey and Anthony and keep the Sirius name.

fatal1
02-19-2007, 03:14 PM
wow thats a big ass antenna, i would go with a smaller one have it painted and put where vegas said if you go with the fin style, otherwise change to the little box like jake posted,

CHICAGO_ONE
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Like it was said before, the back of the roof in the middle would be ideal. That's how we install them at work. But yeah, that fin is freakin crazy. I'd say lose it and keep that square magnet, or get one of those BMW fins.

redgalant1
02-19-2007, 08:38 PM
this is a old thread ....any way moved it to the back window works okay

seth98esT
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM

NEW YORK - XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. and Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. have agreed to merge, the two companies said Monday.

The deal would consolidate the only two companies in the emerging business of subscription-only satellite radio, and is sure to face tough scrutiny from federal regulators. Investors and analysts have been speculating about a deal for months.

The two companies said in a statement that Mel Karmazin, the CEO of Sirius, would become chief executive of the new company.

As long as Sirius keeps 27 Hard Attack and 100 Howard Stern, Ill be happy :)

Fishboy55
02-19-2007, 09:00 PM
The companies will each keep their programming and identities for at least a year according to MSNBC.

VegasMatt
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM

As long as Sirius keeps 27 Hard Attack and 100 Howard Stern, Ill be happy :)

And OutQ for Censee. :lol: