PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to monitor Air/Fuel ratio

cdaw2001ES
08-13-2002, 05:41 AM
I want to be able to monitor the Air/Fuel ratio. The FPR comes with a quage, but It seems to only connect to the FPR, not the MAS. Is there a comp that can read both the fpr, and the mas an come up with an rich/lean sorta display. Or some other means ....

ralliart
08-13-2002, 09:33 AM
I used an OBD II scanner, it can pretty much reads all sensor in your car. It's pretty neat, you can even display the air/fuel, lean/rich in real time graph. IF you dont need a permanent display, obd2 scanner is good choice, you can even log it in your laptop to view it later.

Black2k1GTZ
08-13-2002, 11:12 AM
You really dont need to monitor the ratios in both places. If you connect to ECM box that will give you an accurate reading. Get a simple autometer air/fuel guage and it will be fine.

As for the reason you need to monitor it there are a couple reasons. If you have too much air...and not enough fuel the car will run lean. And if you have too much fuel it will be running rich. Either of these will rob your car of power. An in car gugae will allow you to see while your driving when the car is running lean or rich. Then you will be able to adjust the FPR accordingly!!

Good Luck

Marc :mg:

Fishboy55
08-13-2002, 02:10 PM
Marc, You have details for the ECU connections? Which O2 sensor should it connect to, inbound or outbound. Sounds like something I may want to add. The gauge is only $30 from Summit, and thats the first place I looked. Any help you have is appreciated.

Chip

Black2k1GTZ
08-13-2002, 02:54 PM
Honestly I dont remember. Allen, Pinoyesv6, gave me a link from club 3g and it was all explained there. Send him a PM and he should be able to find it...he's great and finding stuff!!!!!

Marc :mg:

pinoyesv6
08-13-2002, 04:22 PM
hey guys...check this place ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=40') out. its a gold mine for tutorials and stuff. i read like most of them and gained lots of knowledge..

cdaw2001ES
08-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Thanks!