PDA

View Full Version : EURO REVERSE GAUGE

rr
11-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Anybody has ever installed this on a 7g Galant. Is it hard to get it installed. Is there any tutorial on how do install this and i appreciate the instructions if you guys could tell me.

Jesse
11-12-2002, 01:23 PM
I put mine on.

There's a few ways to do it, but I've installed 3 sets of indiglo's in my car already and here's the best method I've found.

1) unscrew the plastic dash ring and removed plastic dash cover
2) unscrew the gauge cluster ( 4 screws) and remove guage cluster
3) push the black plastic tabs around the edges of the back of the cluster and seperate them to get access to the guages
4) (This step here is optional but recommended by me) Leave the needles on and take off the factory guages to expose the plastic. Use superglue to glue down the new guages and maker sure your rpm and speedometer needles won't catch. (You can move the speedometer to 140 and rmp to 7k if and let them go and they shouldn't stick, if they do, then make proper adjusterments) If you put these guages overtop of the factories, there is less clearance for the needles. *WARNING* make sure you don't move the gas gauge, this little SOB can get messed up, so be cafeful. (if u want tips on how to roll a Galant odometer back, e-mail me)
5) run all the wires inside the cluster and drill a hole so that you can bring in the wires from the unit. (I connected all 4 of the gauges inside the cluster and hit them)
6) Connect the ground to any ground somewhat close, and run the power either to your headlight power or to a switch.
7) Assemble and you're done

BEAST
11-12-2002, 09:41 PM
It's not really that hard. The hardest part for me was trying to figure out where to connect the wires.

rr
11-13-2002, 10:52 PM
So how did you connect the cable to? Is it connecting to the orginal dimmer switch?

QnzMostWanted
11-13-2002, 10:54 PM
dimmer switch, the outer 2 wires, on mine the red went to green and the black went to black, basically tap off the outer 2, dont use the middle wire

rr
11-15-2002, 10:40 AM
Anybody know the cheapest website that sell this euro reverse gauge?

jluv97
11-15-2002, 10:40 AM
EBAY

BEAST
11-15-2002, 01:36 PM
I got mine from procarparts.com. They look pretty dope.

2True
11-15-2002, 03:07 PM
I got mine from procarparts.com. They look pretty dope.

That's who sells them on Ebay.. :wink:

BEAST
11-15-2002, 10:19 PM
Oh :roll: my bad. Well I should have looked there first. May have gotten em for cheaper.