PDA

View Full Version : Rubber seals

Auto-9
11-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Anyone else having their window seals starting to crack and peel into little strips?

TJC
11-16-2002, 01:36 AM
Nope, not here. Guess weather is pretty harsh in your neck of the woods. Got to pamper those trims from day one if you want them to remain supple. If by the time you find that they are starting to crack or something, it's too late. :cry:

Jeff
11-18-2002, 11:54 AM
Nope, not here. Guess weather is pretty harsh in your neck of the woods. Got to pamper those trims from day one if you want them to remain supple. If by the time you find that they are starting to crack or something, it's too late. :cry:

how do you pamper the seals, so I can start now...never thought about them going bad....it's always the little things that slip my mind.

Auto-9
11-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Mine looks like someone took a knife to it and slit little strips or cut badly from the factory...imagine a pom pom https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

pinoyesv6
11-18-2002, 02:08 PM

how do you pamper the seals, so I can start now...never thought about them going bad....it's always the little things that slip my mind.

i just clean it with a lil bit rubbing alcahol from time to time. along with my wiper blades

TJC
11-19-2002, 02:13 AM
Products made for cleaning and putting back luster into vinyl and rubber will do. Meguires makes one and I'm sure there are many others too. I'd stay away from Armour All and alcohol based products as those take away moisture from rubber and vinyl. Keeping the car generally clean also helps and if you can keep car in covered parking, over time that adds up to a lot of hours you don't have the car out in harsh weather.