PDA

View Full Version : D2 RS coilovers

Sillyasianz
08-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Well, searched here and found nada. a comment here and there. but thats it. So I'm creating a new topic on it. Anyone have/had it before? Review?

On D2racing.com they have a 93-02 listing for a Galant. called directly and was told to try it for fitment and can return to try eclipse 00+ setup or refund.

The Galant setup (Part# D2-M11) is listed at $1166.67 and does not support their camber plates (Aka pillowball mounts)

The Eclipse setup (Part# D2-M17) is listed at $1500.00 and DOES come with camber plates.

I have a hookup for the brand with more than 20% off retail (cant say exact amount for possible business if anyone gets interested).

But I always think of going to teins ss-p. typical, reliable, second best to JIC. But what if D2 is at the same level?

Struts can be repaired and refilled or whatever. So it has the durability of Teins in that area. (JICs cannot)

Its 36 way adjustable dampening and roughly 3.5 inch drop capability!

Its not listed, but they told me that over the phone.

If I am the first, then atleast tell me what u hear about it on other applications...

One issue is the dampening, it supposedly doesn't "click" like Teins, so ur only way of telling what setting is an arrow (or teardrop) on the top.

Also I was looking into Spring Rates. I want stiffness but also a decent ride. I was thinking 10 front and 8 back OR 8 front and 6 back...

hmmm
thanks.

Los
08-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Hey I had a set of D2 on my wife's Altima. We had chronic problems with them being noisy. They were making poping noises kinda like popcorn poping. Never really got it to go away. The D2 website has a way to "correct popping noises" it worked for about a week. The dampening rates you kinda have to eyeball, you're right it does not click like the teins.

If you do a search for D2 coilovers and poping noises in google, you will find that it's not just certain applications.

I almost went with the D2 coilovers. I'm glad I got the Tein Basics instead.

Stewi
08-16-2006, 05:23 PM
My friend has the D2's in his 97 Skyline R33 GTR and he loves them. That price of $1500 that you got for the eclipse ones is not the real retail price, it might be MSRP but not what any vendor sells them for. My friends place sells them for like $1275. I was going to get these but I had already bought the teins. I hated my teins because they made my car too low and if you dont want your car to be low, you end up pre-loading the spring because only the perch's are adjustable not the shock body itself. Both JIC and D2 have adjustable shock bodies. This is the correct way to do it, because this way your not preloading or limiting your suspension travel